War Machine
Warpath
Wasp
Werewolf by Night
Winter Soldier
Wonder Man
X-Man
:x-23: X-23

Captain America. It's cliché to like him, but really. He's what I think of when I think of 'hero'. He's an iconic figure, like Superman, but unlike him, he doesn't suck represents doing the right thing, in the spirit associated with American Patriotism, rather than the laws of any nation. Daredevil Reborn (Buy this), where he meets a supersoldier driven crazy by the serum, and flat-out tells an army general that he isn't loyal to anyone but the dream, was one of his most powerful moments, and it was a guest shot.

Iron Man. :stark: Stark was a millionaire playboy/weapons dealer who realized what he was doing was wrong, and decided to use his money to do some good in the world instead of bleeding the planet dry. Plus, his weakness is alcohol, and I can relate to that, despite being several rungs lower on the income ladder.

She-Hulk. Especially her appearance in her most recent solo series. Not so much Savage, and I was only a moderate fan of Sensational. The scene in She-Hulk volume 1 (I forget the issue number) where she talks her way out of a fight with Scorpion pretty much made the entire issue worth it. She's one of the few heroines I like.

Deadpool. Seriously, Wade (and Widdle Wade) is one of the few reasons I find myself unable to hate Liefeld. Sure, his art is kinda laughable. But he made Deadpool. The Merc with a Mouth started off as a parody of DC's Deathstroke, but became so much more. If you cna find them, read up through the Mithras Directive arc at the very least. It's honestly one of the best 90s Marvel comics. Plus, I'm a sucker for breaking the fourth wall.

Daredevil, especially Frank Miller's run. Read Daredevil Reborn, and you'll know why. Matt Murdoch is one of the best heroes Lee and Kirby came up with, and later writers did wonderful things with the character. Also check out Miller's retelling of Daredevil's origins.

Not my favorite character, but Sgt. Fury and his Howling Commandos is probably my favorite 60s comic. It just feels more... sound, I guess, than any other comic of the era to me. It helps that I was a soldier, though admittedly not during World War II.  Sorry about the EPIC POST, but I felt the thread needed more than just a list of faves.

Edit: Oh, also Black Panther and Ghost Rider, though those are more for the cool factor than a love of their comics.

@ Raptor- Wow, that's a pretty long list. Would you like to explain why some of these are your favorites?

I'm with MC here. Though at this point I'd be more inclined to ask why you don't like Slapstick, Squirrel Girl, Razorback or Doctor Bong.

Squirrel Girl is pwnage. Who doesn't like her? :D

The same people who dislike Deadpool for being funny and She-Hulk for making fun of comic book nerds.
Namely, unfunny comic book nerds.

Quote from: Midnight Curse on May 27, 2008, 04:53AM
@ Raptor- Wow, that's a pretty long list. Would you like to explain why some of these are your favorites?

I don't know, I just love them all!

Also add Mercury to the list!