The XML1 -> XML2 Project

Started by DJay Saint, April 06, 2007, 12:42PM

Previous topic - Next topic
The numbering needed cleaning up anyway (not file numbering, herostat numbering). I think, barring minor changes (like adding XML1 Rogue/moving XML2 Emma) mine is good. My good comp is in the shop for a couple o' days, but when I get it back I'll try to set up packages/hud heads and a herostat for this (beast anims will be 05_beast_hero, yes? His ps and talent can both be plain old 'beast'. Avalanche will claim slot 45, w/ 35/36 left for Jubes/Magma. Kay?)

PS: If/when we get the mansion working, we should do some modifying. Just like spawning Sunfire/Bishop on it, we could/should spawn Angel and Banshee on it too. They should at least be NPCs, like Jubilee. We could even get crazy and spawn Polaris/Shadowcat on it! (Though we'd need an Ult Shadowcat, just because :P)

April 14, 2007, 08:11PM #91 Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 08:22PM by Teancum
So do we have our list of 21 X-Men?  I think it's safe to say we'd want one or two brotherhood playables as easter eggs, right?  Here's what I'm guessing so far:

1-Beast
2-Colossus
3-Cyclops
4-Emma Frost
5-Gambit
6-Iceman
7-Jubilee
8-Magma
9-Nightcrawler
10-Phoenix / Jean Grey
11-Professor Xavier
12-Psylocke
13-Rogue
14-Storm
15-Wolverine

That covers the XML1 Characters, and leaves us a total of six more slots.  I was thinking:

16-Bishop
17-Sunfire
18-Shadowcat
19-Banshee
20-Havok
21-Avalanche

What we can do is unlock everyone we need at the start of the first level via script.  Any other ones we want to unlock/lock can later be done with a script as well.  If give one of our characters the 'name' id of professorX he can be unlocked in the same way Prof X is in XML2 (beating all DR missions).  We'd have to adjust convos, but it'd still be sweet to do it that way.

No, dude. WAY more than 2 BHood, since they have full voice acting/are awesome. Here's the list that I believe Burning Rage and I agreed on (if not, BR,let me know :P)

Unlocked in XML1:
1. Beast
2. Bishop
3. Colossus
4. Cyclops
5. Emma Frost
6. Gambit
7. Iceman
8. Nightcrawler
9. Phoenix
10. Psylocke
11. Rogue
12. Storm
13. Sunfire
14. Wolverine

Unlocked in XML2:
1. Avalanche
2. Juggernaut
3. Magneto
4. Pyro
5. Sabretooth
6. Scarlet Witch
7. Toad

Well fair enough, I can always adjust to replace 2 brotherhood with Jubes and Magma.  I keep forgetting that you guys are going to do a combo with both episodes (for lack of a better word) as one big one.

On-topic:  I've begun ripping part 1 of the NYC Sentinel flashback.  I'm about 1/2 way through.  Since I'm not all that adept at the editing side of things I'll probably just do raw rips of each level and upload them.

That's what we HOPE to do, at least :nod:

Quote from: BliZZ on April 15, 2007, 09:44AM
No, dude. WAY more than 2 BHood, since they have full voice acting/are awesome. Here's the list that I believe Burning Rage and I agreed on (if not, BR,let me know :P)

Unlocked in XML1:
1. Beast
2. Bishop
3. Colossus
4. Cyclops
5. Emma Frost
6. Gambit
7. Iceman
8. Nightcrawler
9. Phoenix
10. Psylocke
11. Rogue
12. Storm
13. Sunfire
14. Wolverine

Unlocked in XML2:
1. Avalanche
2. Juggernaut
3. Magneto
4. Pyro
5. Sabretooth
6. Scarlet Witch
7. Toad

No, not at all.  If I were a character list, I would so have sexual relations with that list.  Well, now that I think about it, is there anyway we can squeeze Mystique in?  It's just that she's a central member of the brotherhood, and although I probably wouldn't play with her, when devs left her out it was discouraging (as was Sabretooth in the PS2 version, not that I'm happy he's a copy of Wolverine, but he's still better than nothing...  I'll eventually get around to giving him unique moves, but that comes WAY later).  Are we going to fit Havok in any way, shape, or form?  I don't care for him, but I thought you mentioned him before.  If not, it sure saves me the work of porting him right away.  Regardless, that's a perfect roster in my opinion.  And now that I'm back from my little modding break (sans the Invisible Woman reskin... she's done as of last night.  Bump-mapping and all.  Man, 3 dimensional cleavage in advanced lighting is awesome :rofl:), I'll get to work on Avalanche asap, as well as get Beast done.  Once we have the playables out of the way, I'll go back to work on the maps.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

thanks in advance for anything you guys come up with, the Emma and Psylocke mods were great, cant wait to see what's next.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Havok IS a Boss so he will need to EVENTUALLY be ported. Mystique... well, she will be a boss/NPC. I suppose we COULD drop either Pyro or Sunfire for her... although I don't know which. Sunfire's AoA skin is just about the most badass thing ever, and Pyro/Avalanche is the dream team.

IF we ever break that limit, Mystique comes first (imo).

PS: I agree on tweaking Sabes. He needs level 2 might, effects, and that first point/a capitalized name so he goes in the right location on the char select menu. All of which he has in my game, they are simple fixes.
The lamest thing about Sabes is that they reused Beast's 'menu_exit' anim. As if it was SO hard to think of a new one :runaway:

Well, I'll spend time here and there porting map fbs in the meantime.  Yeah, the fbs are from the 'box (and might need palatte swaps), but while someone else is porting PS2 stuff it'll be nice to port the 'box stuff too.  Once I knock out the NYC Sentinel flashback I'll probably do the Astral Plane levels since those were sweet.  Maybe after that Weapon X.   :bowdown1:

WORST. IDEA. EVER. Xbox Sentinel Flashback had a glitch where Nightc's comic didn't show up. That is about the worst level you COULD rip from the 'box :rofl:

Huh?  My system has it.  I probably have a newer version of the disc.

April 16, 2007, 06:38AM #101 Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 06:46AM by Teancum
I was thinking, I'll probably be more use to everyone if I join in on the character conversions.  I know someone (DM?) was going to get rolling on Beast, but if nobody minds, I'd like to prep/convert him.  It makes things easier for me since he's going on the 'box update for XML2.

So here's what I was thinking:

SKINS:
Original (normal skin)
Ultimate
Spacesuit (dunno what it's actually called, third XML1 skin)
Classic (cartoons)
Astonishing

They're all finished (skin wise) so that should be no trouble at all.

POWERS:
Pinball (even though I hate this move, it's in there, so we might as well use it)
Propeller Kick (Radial)
Claw Strike (Melee)
Roar of the Beast (Radial)
Beastial Feats (Buff)
Concentration (Boost)
Orbital Bombardment (Xtreme)

For the MUA version I think Tommy had a good idea putting BP's anims in there.  Maybe we could use his 4_combat.

Don't forget the AoA/Dark Beast skin. Also, try and keep to the naming scheme I had in one of these threads (add TAS costume as _70s and Astonishing as _astonishing). I purposely had ONLY dark/gladiator costumes in the _future tag, as I was gonna make an 'Ancient Rome' team bonus.

I think (well, know) that you are going to have some animation problems, specifically w/ the Claw Strike. Also, make sure to give him double-jump (like Toad).

PS: his XML1 anims should be named 05_beast_hero. You can use the basic name ps_beast for him (you need to build the talent file based on the values in that file, for his first 2 attacks/primary boost/xtreme, as least. It is almost as if they were planning to add him, but never adjusted his values. ps_beast isn't used in-game, only ps_sin_beast is.) Talent file should be named just 'Beast', like his name. This is the ONLY way he'll get a menu callout.

April 16, 2007, 09:12AM #103 Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 09:17AM by Teancum
Heh, almost forgot about the double-jump ability.  Anyways, what I'll do is finish off one skin for the most part then do an alpha release.  That way I can knock out the bugs.  After that multiple skins will be quick and easy.  I'll rename his skeleton with _hero.  Smart idea.  Claw Strike will probably just be some sort of standard punch animation with added damage and some fx unless I can figure out how to run multiple skeletons for one character in XML2.  I'm assuming it's much like MUA in that so long as the pkgb calls for the skeleton it'll be placed in memory.  So it's possible that I could use BP's skeleton along with XML1 Beast's.  If so that would totally rock!  Porting Beast to MUA would be a 30 minute job then :D

*edit* I've actually thought about using Captain Marvel's skelie since his has a very roar-like radial animation (where he leans back with his arms out).  I'm sure I could find a claw strike anim from his skelie, or at least something comparable.

By the way, what's TAS?

So to recap:

SKINS:
skin_(default) - Ultimate
skin_60s - Original (normal skin)
skin_70s - TAS
Spacesuit (dunno what it's actually called, third XML1 skin)
skin_civilian - Classic (cartoons)
skin_astonishing -Astonishing
skin_aoa - Age Of Apocalypse
skin_future - Dark Beast

POWERS:
Pinball (even though I hate this move, it's in there, so we might as well use it)
Propeller Kick (Radial)
Claw Strike (Melee)
Roar of the Beast (Radial)
Beastial Feats (Buff)
Concentration (Boost)
Orbital Bombardment (Xtreme)

ABILITIES:
Might
Double-Jump

April 16, 2007, 09:23AM #104 Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 09:35AM by BliZZ
AoA = Dark Beast. Same thing. So drop the _future one. Oh, and move _civilian to _70s.

Multiple skelies isn't going to work, IIRC.

TAS = The Animated Series :P

PS: I'd give him 'Block' as a third boost, since most tank-types (Juggs, Colossus, Rogue) seem to have it.

PPS: I always preferred the 'Leveled-Up' name of Beast's boost: 'Bestial (or is it Beastial? I can never remember) Soul'. Just sounds sweeter, imho.

PPPS: Pinball > Everything. Beast's variety, not Fantastic's shitty wannabe kind :nod:

PPPPS: Spacesuit goes to _winter tag, just like all the other chars' spacesuit costumes.

EDIT: Also, almost forgot. For Passives, Give him Might (obviously), Mutant Master, something that increases Defense, and something that increases movement speed.