[MUA1] How To: Fix Sabretooth's animations

Started by Maegawa, June 03, 2018, 05:36PM

Previous topic - Next topic
June 03, 2018, 05:36PM Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 08:49PM by BaconWizard17
If you've ever played as :stooth:, you might have noticed that in most of his melee attacks it looks like he's punching rather than using his claws, here's a representation of what I'm saying:

That happens because he borrows animations from :wolverine:, who closes his hands when attacking. Nevertheless, it's still very weird to see him attacking with punches instead of his claws, especially during the Xtreme where his melee combat moves are used with claw effects...

However, I came up with an idea to fix this minor issue: why not hex-out the finger bipeds from Sabretooth's skins?

For those who don't know how to do it, I'll explain in a few steps:
1) Open each of Sabretooth's skins with a hex-editor.
2) Search for R Finger using Ctrl + F.
3) Type ? once and press F3.
4) Do the same until you replaced every R from R Finger with ?.
5) Repeat steps 2, 3 and 4 but with L Finger instead.
6) Save the alterations and the skins are good to go!

Here's how it looks in-game:

Much better if I might say so myself...

There is but one drawback to this, which is the fact that he will always be with his hands open, however it won't look bad as it fits his attacks. The only animation that will look weird is when he is picking up weapons, but honestly I don't care lol :jumping:
Click here for my releases.
And here for my workbench.

June 04, 2018, 07:19AM #1 Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 02:04PM by UltraMegaMagnus
Nice found, thx!

I tried this and now my hands are missing lol

Quote from: powpowpower on January 01, 2020, 06:47PM
I tried this and now my hands are missing lol

I assume you tried this mod in X-Men Legends II. It won't work there, because when you hex-out a biped it makes that part of the skin disappear in XML2.
Click here for my releases.
And here for my workbench.

Yes I assumed it worked for both

Looks great on mua though

Any thoughts on what it would take to get it to work on xml2?

Quote from: powpowpower on January 02, 2020, 02:46PM
Yes I assumed it worked for both

Looks great on mua though

Any thoughts on what it would take to get it to work on xml2?

The only way to get it to work in XML2 would be to make all new animations for the character (which no one has quite figured out yet). In XML2, if the bones aren't named in the animation, it will hide anything attached to those bones.