Black Cat

Started by matt710, September 14, 2007, 09:55AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Does anybody have any ideas on a base for a Black Cat skin?  I would do Medusa but it does the same thing as Phoenix and stretches oddly in the chest.  And since Black Cat requires cleavage, it would just look wierd.  Any ideas?  In the mean time, I will start on the Collossus Booster, it shouldn't take long. 
  From the Ashes she will rise.

darkmythology actually did a skin, somewhere in the depths of that "top 10 skins" thread. Don't know its base model, and it is probably a PC one (so you'd need to convert it to PS2), but it is out there.

September 14, 2007, 03:19PM #2 Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 10:11PM by iammingy
Hey, I have been thinking of some base skins for Black Cat after reading Cable's message in the request thread (plus, I like Black Cat myself, too!). :)

I think Medusa is a great choice for Black Cat. The only draw back is her oddly shaped chest. The cleavage of the model (not the texture) will look nicer if you use female skeletons. This is probably because of how the female skeletons bend at the waist. This is why I used a female skeleton for She-Hulk.

You can also try Black Widow and Ultimate Storm, too. They have different hair styles and and other stuff, too. If I have the time to make my versions of Black Cat skins for MUA, I will definitely use these three models. Spider-Woman would be the best candidate if I could hide the glider wings... :(

EDIT: Textures tend to stretch unevenly near the middle (all the way from neck to the private region) of the female models. So, try not to deviate from the original shades that much... The bigger isn't always better... :laugh:

September 19, 2007, 09:34PM #3 Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 10:03PM by matt710
Thanks.  I have a lot done with her, but I am trying to do the fightstyle thing that nodoubt was talking about so that she could have spiderwoman's skeleton but also use blackcat as her fightstyle.  I set it up as he said but I am unsure if I missed a step.  There isn't really a female skeleton that does her justice for cat like moves.  It was either wolverine or black panther (I chose black panther because he does more cat like moves rather than slashing).  I however do dislike his boost animations and radial animation for her Jinx move.  So I used spiderwoman's skeleton to address that issue.  Anyone familiar with the process nodoubt was talking about that can give me new directions?  I already created the IGB, xmlb, engb, and package files for the fightstyle.  I also renamed black panther's animations to letters if they conflicted with spiderwoman's.  ie. power_1 became power_a in the skeleton so I referenced ea_powera in the powerstyle file.

The skin isn't finished.  This is just the prototype.
  From the Ashes she will rise.

Has this project been abandoned altogether?

October 22, 2007, 11:09AM #6 Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 11:17AM by iammingy
um... People still have a life... :ugh:

EDIT: This is the third time after doing the same thing TWICE in the Blackheart request thread already!!! :soapbox: Not everyone just come and make/release mods every single day.

Quote from: Midnight Curse on October 22, 2007, 01:51AM
Has this project been abandoned altogether?

what do you care?  do you even have your computer back? you dont even have xml2 on pc.  so just leave it alone.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Actually I just got a new one today, and I am aiming on getting XML2 for PC somewhere. Is there somewhere where I can get one?

try ebay or some sort of games shop or target ??

Quote from: Midnight Curse on October 23, 2007, 10:18PM
Actually I just got a new one today, and I am aiming on getting XML2 for PC somewhere. Is there somewhere where I can get one?

liar... :lamer:

Quote from: Midnight Curse on October 16, 2007, 11:56PM
Will try this mod when I get my new PC. I just got XML2 for the PC.

lol, i love catching this guy lying.  he should really keep note on what he has posted in the past.  Keep track of your lies dude.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

It really caught my attention because I'd never get the games before I own a working PC/console...

Ah that. Just...trying to reassure myself I wil get it. Oh well I am getting it soon anyway. Just ordered it online.