DISCONTINUED: Edited Mannequins Layout

Started by UltraMegaMagnus, April 08, 2019, 04:33AM

Previous topic - Next topic
April 08, 2019, 04:33AM Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 01:22AM by UltraMegaMagnus
DISCONTINUED as 36 roster 2.0 and 50 roster already now have the edited layout, I'll just leave the source here + 27 version version for anyone who wanna tweak it :

Credits to Nikita488, who provided all the tools necessary to make this & thetommyboy2002 for his 50 team select stage, I took lots of inspiration from his layout + everyone who contributed to OCP Pack & character edit + Tommymesh for the light code+Mellomods for the mesh

https://www.mediafire.com/file/t6ukwjgjtu1dhgs/Team_Select_Mannequins_Layout_Edit_update_12-12-2019.7z/file

Compatibility :
It is now useless to install this with 36/50 roster hack, the 27 roster version (from Official Character Pack) is still available.
-other team stage file with riser not provided by me are not recommended, because the layout I edited is not adapted to other team stage.

How to Install
Drag & drop to your install location
-You don't need to start a new game unless your make change to the herostat.
-You need to edit the herostat to change menulocation to your liking

The default layout gave me so much headache to found the perfect location for mannequins, (have you spend hours setting herostat just to change menulocation like me lol ?) because of several issue when using custom mannequins :
-the default layout is just too tight, too many mannequins hidden by front mannequins
-When using advanced lightning with shadow to max, mannequins have big ass shadow, this is very annoying when front mannequins obcur backrow mannequins that are just behind them
-menulocation 23 of the Thing is not facing you, every mannequins you put in here face to the right (or left I don't remember)

What I did to try to resolve those issue :
-spacing as much as possible mannequin location
-avoiding mannequins being exactly behind front mannequin to try to minimize mannequin shadow obscuring backrow mannequin when advanced lightning is on with max shadow
-edited the team stage ripped from the remastered file + ripped the bench of Mellowmods, I did enlarge the bench to fit more mannequin, retextured some part to black, because it was eyesore with advanced lightning with max shadow to me,
used vanilla texture, instead of remastered, because I found the remastered texture too detailled, enlarged walls to fit the screen
-changed the angle of menulocation 23, so every mannequin you put in here face you, like any other mannequin spot, instead of facing to the right
-removed the Ghost Rider & Human Torch effect, because too tedious to me to change their effect location, optional file provided in case you still want them

Mannequin positioning recommendation :
-Always put taller mannequins behind smaller mannequins to avoid bad shadow with advanced lightning, because with advanced lightning + shadow to max, mannequins will have big shadow behind them, thus if you put a mannequin in the front that is significantly taller than the mannequin behind, the shadow will obscur the backrow mannequin.
- The Thing Menulocation 23 is now facing toward you, instead of facing to the right, so you can put any mannequin here without worrying about its facing angle
- backrow menulocation are best for large mannequins
- When creating mannequins, avoid to make manneuins that are placed too high in 3DS max

Known issue :
- Spider-Man menulocation 16 always put the green arrow indicator below the mannequin, instead at the top of it, since the vanilla Spider-Man mannequin is upside down, probably hardcoded
- Camera Spin always spin and expand at certain location, probably hardcoded, meaning cannot edit it.

-Updated the layout for OCP a bit, moved down some spot a bit to touch properly the bench/riser & some small tweaks.
-Added optional file to enable the Ghost Rider & Human Torch team select effect
-Added optional file for MUA GOLD with new mannequin and setup
-Also added a version for the 33 roster hack or MUA GOLD (Not satisfied with this, but I can't think of any other layout).

There is also a small issue found out by Baconwizard, the camera after selecting some characters or moving too much to the side does not reset exactly at the center, might be hardcoded stuff I dunno.

EDIT V3 added :
-spaced more the mannequin on very left & right and adjusted team stage.

Amazing job with "Team Select Layout Edited for OCP Pack 27 characters only" tested and approved  :applause: :bowdown:  :rockon:
Marvel Skins Here

DC Skins And Others Here

Love this, will definitely be using it!

September 29, 2019, 01:38PM #6 Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 03:04PM by UltraMegaMagnus
Updated the layout with a version for 36 roster hack and removed the 33 roster version

Credits to nikita488, Mellomods, Tommymesh for the tools, code & mesh.

The custom mannequins from the preview are not provided yet.

Updated link in first post with lightning boosted less than previous version.
Shadows sucks, I have not found a good workaround for that, besides removing walls.

Updated in main post :
Only 36 roster version has been updated :
-More uniform spacing for menulocation
-Adjusted Human Torch fire effect menulocation
-Team Stage modification with new background
-Team Stage modification with added glow on the stage and background
-Mannequins revamp for the 36 official characters, resized texture from 1024 to 512 to avoid slower loading of team select menu (mannequins with big file size make team select load slower, especially normal texture because of their alpha channel), added only spec and glow texture on them
-Remade mannequins where I saw ps2 mannequin leftover with their PC counterpart (Moon Knight, Mr. Fantastic were PS2 leftover), Captain America is also a PS2 mannequin by default, but I left it unchanged because too hard to make this pose with PC skin.

Is there a version of PC mannequin for Mr. Fantastic with his menu-goodbye pose where he stretches out? It would look more similar to the original and this pose just looks cool.

Dude, you just single handedly saved the presentation of the menu for my planned DC Let's Play of the game. I'm gonna have to give you some MAJOR shout outs, bruh.

Quote from: BloodyMares on December 18, 2019, 07:51AM
Is there a version of PC mannequin for Mr. Fantastic with his menu-goodbye pose where he stretches out? It would look more similar to the original and this pose just looks cool.

Nightcrawler's is also different from the default. The pose comes from his selection animation, where he's upright with his hand behind his back