Hello

Welcome, Guest. To unlock the rest of the forums
please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: OpenHeroSelect (Includes support for the 36 & 50 Character Mods!)  (Read 123685 times)

Offline Elza_walker
  • Rook
  • Upvotes: 0
Re: OpenHeroSelect (Includes support for the 36 & 50 Character Mods!)
« Reply #120 on: March 18, 2021, 04:44pm »
oh damn... so even tho it works with 50 character roster, i cant have a default 50 just show up? there's no way to automatically load the XML characters from the 50 roster mod? i have to just fill up the remaining 15+ spaces manually? (sorry extremely new to this)

another question- now that ive got antman working, lets say i wanna add Punisher, do i just do the same process? swap the Punisher code into the herostat cfg? do i have to start with a fresh, unmodded herostat xmlb? or does it just rewrite/save over the current one thats already modded with antman?

Offline Tony Stark

• Marvel Modder
  • Incredible Member
  • Upvotes: 71
  • Pizza Time!
« Reply #121 on: March 18, 2021, 07:03pm »
Yes you'll need to add those extra characters. It's not too difficult but you would need to get the herostat info for them which usually comes with character mods, or you can use the xmlb decompiler to get it, there are tutorials for that.

Yes you can add Punisher to the same herostat.cfg. The list of names at the top is what determines which characters and what order they're added in to the herostat. So if you have 60 names at the top and you're using the 50-character version, it'll set up the first 50 characters named at the top.

Offline phix
  • Rook
« Reply #122 on: March 22, 2021, 07:42pm »
Hello to everyone!!
I'm having a problem with open hero select, whenever I add 27 modded characters + defaultman the MUA Game.exe closes after the legal text screen, If only 26 characters + defaultman are added the game works perfect (Already check that the added characters are not causing problems). After a little tinkering with the files, the problem, I think, is in the herostat.engb , if I remove this piece of code the game works perfectly with 27 characters + defaultman :
        "stats": {
            "autospend": "support_heavy",
            "body": 1,
            "characteranims": "00_testguy",
            "charactername": "defaultman",
            "level": 1,
            "menulocation": 0,
            "mind": 1,
            "name": "default",
            "skin": "0002",
            "strength": 1,
            "team": "enemy",
            "talent": {
                "level": 1,
                "name": "fightstyle_default"
            }
        }

Does anybody knows what this is happening?  Or what I'm I doing wrong?

Offline Tony Stark

• Marvel Modder
  • Incredible Member
  • Upvotes: 71
  • Pizza Time!
« Reply #123 on: March 23, 2021, 12:52am »
Yes there are issues with defaultman in certain configurations, it needs to be fixed, and will be in the next major update.

Offline phix
  • Rook
« Reply #124 on: March 23, 2021, 01:02am »
Yes there are issues with defaultman in certain configurations, it needs to be fixed, and will be in the next major update.

Thanks!!

Offline ak2yny
  • Marvel Modder
  • Astonishing Member
  • Upvotes: 9
« Reply #125 on: March 24, 2021, 02:14pm »

I tested with 50, 36, 33 and 27 heroes and only got the defaultman once out of six or so times with 33 heroes. I used the defunct 36 roster hack, except for the 50 heroes setup (probably doesn't make any difference). The game usually works without defaultman in the herostat, but since the new limit allows it, he could be included in the setups where we need the hack anyway (more than 27).
As phix wrote already: Without roster hacks (27 heroes limit), the defaultman should not be included. His info is a bit confusing to me because i understand he has defaultman included (which is not the case and might cause issues I don't know).

Offline phix
  • Rook
« Reply #126 on: March 25, 2021, 12:40am »
I tested with 50, 36, 33 and 27 heroes and only got the defaultman once out of six or so times with 33 heroes. I used the defunct 36 roster hack, except for the 50 heroes setup (probably doesn't make any difference). The game usually works without defaultman in the herostat, but since the new limit allows it, he could be included in the setups where we need the hack anyway (more than 27).
As phix wrote already: Without roster hacks (27 heroes limit), the defaultman should not be included. His info is a bit confusing to me because i understand he has defaultman included (which is not the case and might cause issues I don't know).

To clarify, when I used openheroselect without roster hacks (27 heroes limit), the program includes automatically defaultman, which is causing the crashing issue. If I remove defaultman from the herostat.engb it solves the problem