BaconWizard17's Custom Models (Latest: Magma - Fiery Form)

Started by BaconWizard17, July 15, 2019, 07:26AM

Previous topic - Next topic
4 more skins are available for Sunfire! I've added his look from X-Men Vol. 6 and an unmasked version, as well as his Age of Apocalypse look and his Ultimate look found in the concept art of XML2

And the last 3 skins for Sunfire are here! Ultimate XML2 (and its unmasked version) and X-Treme Gear

wooow muy epicas las skins de sunfire, me encanta tu trabajo. :sunfire: :sunfire:

You're truly a wizard!
Canino passed away in April 2022. He will be dearly missed by the community

September 22, 2021, 11:27AM #185 Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 05:52PM by BaconWizard17
Stan Lee
For XML2

Here is where I'll post my custom models for Stan Lee! These include assets for XML2. Each has two versions of the skin (with and without cel shading), a conversation portrait, a 3D head, and a character select portrait.

Click the image for a full preview, or click the name to download!

Main Universe Skins

Gray CoatGreen SweaterTan Coat
Alternate Universe Skins

Senator Lieber

Credits
- Raven Software: Stan Lee XML1 assets

September 22, 2021, 11:28AM #186 Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 05:52PM by BaconWizard17
Stan Lee
For MUA1

Here is where I'll post my custom models for Stan Lee! These include assets for MUA1. Each has two versions of the skin (for PC and for consoles), a conversation portrait, and a mannequin.

Click the image for a full preview, or click the name to download!

Main Universe Skins

Gray CoatGreen SweaterTan Coat
Alternate Universe Skins

Senator Lieber

Credits
- Raven Software: Stan Lee XML1 assets

Some pretty big updates to the thread in general, with new stuff coming from the recently-discovered XML1 prototype:

Cyclops's 90s, 90s (Jacket), New X-Men, and MUA3 skins have received a new hairstyle using the hair from an unused 3D head in the game. Ultimate XML1 and Ultimate XML1 (Civilian) have new boot and glove textures using textures from the prototype. I also added his MUA2 and MUA3 (Alternate) skins, since they were simple palette swaps.

Additionally, I've added Professor X's House of X (Unmasked) skin, which I forgot to upload before, and his unused Ultimate skin from the XML1 prototype. Sabretooth has new skins as well based on the prototype. The first one, Future, comes directly from the prototype, but I added a wheelchair since he didn't really work without it. There's a version in the download without a wheelchair as well. I also made an alternate version of that skin with full limbs.

Downloaded several of these for my recent playthrough of the game, including some of these Cyclops skins. Always hated that 90's spiked hair look he had in XML2.

Fantastic work, BaconWizard. Hope to see some skins for Toad, Avalanche and maybe for Mastermind/Lady Mastermind.

Thank you for the feedback! I'm currently focusing on default characters mostly, so you'll see Toad very soon.

Hey @BaconWizard17
I've been trying to get a couple of these to work in XML2, but I'm running into a weird issue issue. The skins take over the primary skin slot, which makes sense based on the ReadMe files since they're assigned XX01 in the hex, but for some reason they don't have access to their powers/skills when I use them. Even if I hex edit them to be XX25, for example, it still overwrites the skin as being the primary skin and still doesn't have the skills.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong here. I'm rather new at this, but I've managed to get other mods working already but can't seem to figure this one out.

Quote from: sleepycub34 on October 10, 2021, 11:52AM
Hey @BaconWizard17
I've been trying to get a couple of these to work in XML2, but I'm running into a weird issue issue. The skins take over the primary skin slot, which makes sense based on the ReadMe files since they're assigned XX01 in the hex, but for some reason they don't have access to their powers/skills when I use them. Even if I hex edit them to be XX25, for example, it still overwrites the skin as being the primary skin and still doesn't have the skills.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong here. I'm rather new at this, but I've managed to get other mods working already but can't seem to figure this one out.

When a character doesn't have access to their powers, that means that they are missing packages for that skin. This often happens when you add a new skin to their herostat (rather than replacing an existing one). You can find packages in packages/generated/characters, and you can copy them, rename them, and edit the contents with XMLBCUI or raven-formats to line them up with the skin number.

My skins are designed to work with any skin number, not just XX01. To use it with a different number, you have to hex edit the skin and also rename the file.

So basically, for a skin to work in the game, it must have at least the following:

• The skin itself, hex edited to the same number as the file name
  • A reference to the skin in the herostat using the same number as the file name (or last two numbers of the file name if it's not the primary skin)
  • Packages with the same number in their file name as the skin file name, and also with the contents of the packages referencing that same skin file name

The 3D head and conversation portrait will have the same numbers and go in the corresponding folder, and the packages also need to reference those.

If you have more questions, you can come by our Discord server to get some real-time help.

Quote from: BaconWizard17 on October 11, 2021, 06:54PM
When a character doesn't have access to their powers, that means that they are missing packages for that skin. This often happens when you add a new skin to their herostat (rather than replacing an existing one). You can find packages in packages/generated/characters, and you can copy them, rename them, and edit the contents with XMLBCUI or raven-formats to line them up with the skin number.

My skins are designed to work with any skin number, not just XX01. To use it with a different number, you have to hex edit the skin and also rename the file.

So basically, for a skin to work in the game, it must have at least the following:

• The skin itself, hex edited to the same number as the file name
  • A reference to the skin in the herostat using the same number as the file name (or last two numbers of the file name if it's not the primary skin)
  • Packages with the same number in their file name as the skin file name, and also with the contents of the packages referencing that same skin file name

The 3D head and conversation portrait will have the same numbers and go in the corresponding folder, and the packages also need to reference those.

If you have more questions, you can come by our Discord server to get some real-time help.

*Doh!* That's what I was missing (the package files). Added those and now I got these working perfectly! You are amazing, man, thank you so much! Love your skins by the way!!