Official Characters - ALPHA RELEASED!

Started by BliZZ, September 30, 2007, 08:50AM

Previous topic - Next topic
No it's good. The slot is 96.
(I'm very impatient for vilain)

how do i overwrite the defaultman i have two of them i don't see it on my herostat except for the very first couple of lines of code:
stats {
   autospend = support_heavy ;
   body = 1 ;
   characteranims = 00_testguy ;
   charactername = defaultman ;
   level = 1 ;
   menulocation = 0 ;
   mind = 1 ;
   name = default ;
   skin = 0002 ;
   strength = 1 ;
   team = enemy ;
      talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = fightstyle_default ;
      }

}

I think you have to copy the herostat entry of the hero you want (from the readme) and paste it over the defaultman entry.
Alternatively, delete the entry you're showing us and paste your hero's entry (with menulocation = 0).
The important thing is, the defaultman entry you've shown us must be deleted.

Hello there. I am trying to install this great pack. But I already have Cyclops, Nightcrawler and Hawkeye as I said before. Do you suggest doing the following steps?

1.- replace Nightcrawler back with Deadpool (I can do this, I saved the backup files for it) HEROSTAT + FILE CHANGES
2.- replace Hawkeye with Black Widow HEROSTAT CHANGES
3.- replace Cyclops with Dazzler (I can do it I keep the files there so that I do only have to modify herostat) HEROSTAT CHANGES
4.- search and delete all files from old NC, old Cycl. and old Hawkeye
5.- copy the files in this pack
6.- edit herostat entries for new Hawkeye, Cycl., and NC.

Of course first of all I must do a full backup of my current configuration. I would like to do this and not re-install everything again because I have maaaaaany mods already installed, and ready to be played with.

Do you guys think it should work?

Many thanks for all your contributions to making this game a real hit.

Quote from: parrastaka on October 01, 2007, 01:25PM
1.- replace Nightcrawler back with Deadpool (I can do this, I saved the backup files for it) HEROSTAT + FILE CHANGES
2.- replace Hawkeye with Black Widow HEROSTAT CHANGES
3.- replace Cyclops with Dazzler (I can do it I keep the files there so that I do only have to modify herostat) HEROSTAT CHANGES
4.- search and delete all files from old NC, old Cycl. and old Hawkeye
5.- copy the files in this pack
6.- edit herostat entries for new Hawkeye, Cycl., and NC.

it should work, although you could skip step 4., and just overwrite the files that overwrite and leave the ones that dont.

Quote from: wolverine_93 on October 01, 2007, 01:25PM
does nc replace deadpool
depends on whether or not you remove him from the herostat or not. For this mod the files themselves DONT overwrite deadpool

October 01, 2007, 02:03PM #38 Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 02:06PM by parrastaka
ok thank you very much.

I will try it soon, I'm pretty busy currently with some stuff, and I am also preparing the video + article on marvel mods. But you guys are nonstop raising the stakes... I cannot write or take captures, there is always something new!

:lamer:

:rockon:

Umm... need a bit of help....

just installed this mod and tried to get it running.

I got the hulk, colossus, and moon knight.... but none of my other characters were changed/added.

I didn't get the others... nightcrawler black widow etc... is there something special i have to do?

hulk, colossus, and MK come packaged as playable because they are defined in the herostat file. If you are unaware what that means, see the main page instructions on how to add a mod. All you have to do is edit the herostat if you already have all the files.
http://marvelmods.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=29&Itemid=43

Follow the walkthrough on the main page. It should be simple enough to follow. And I also believe you have one more space available before you have to start replacing characters.

Ok... thanks for that bit of help... just need a bit more.

Followed the instructions given on the page you linked for me... and was able to successfully replace luke cage *who i didn't like in the game* with the juggernaught as they said on that page.

So confident in my work, i went, and changed the 'defaultman' to nightcrawler and all i got was a title 'defaultman'.  when i selected him the image of the hulk... and when i took him in game,  i got what looked like iceman's classic image... the white blob form... with absolutely no powers.

help?

Under what number did you put Nightcrawler? menulocation = 96 or menulocation = 26?
Also, decompile and check herostat.engb again, just to be sure all changes were applied. 

October 02, 2007, 11:44PM #44 Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 12:01AM by keilian
96... why?
i just copied it straight over from the readme file...
i'll try 26
edit:
I think i know what i did. I exported to an XMDB instead of the EGDB file extension... thus... it doesn't have the right file to work from *snickers* oops. *fixes*