Lord Frankie's works for MUA - help me retrieving them if you can!

Started by Lord Frankie, October 06, 2007, 11:13AM

Previous topic - Next topic
i found reference pictures for Steampunk Doom

more steampunk marvel here http://www.toymania.com/customcorner/cc14/marvels.shtml, here http://www.joeacevedo.com/docs/customzone/customcon/customcon15/d10izzo1.htm, and here http://www.toymania.com/customcorner/cc16/marvels.shtml

if you'd like to see one of these made, right now i would be glad to make it.

Whoa! I like them all...! Nightcrawler and Spiderman would probably look good in MUA.

man i love steampunk! here's a Doom preview, what do you think?

that's with and without advanced lights btw

Looks pretty good, but the specular and normal maps could use some polishing (e.g. get rid of the bolts on his gauntlets and make the buttons more 3D).
You may freely use and modify my work as long as you give me proper credit - there's no need to ask for my permission.

LOL I love steampunk too. I never knew there was a name for it. In any case, they look good. Not to be bothersome, but I think the bolts are fitting for the steampunk look. I agree about the buttons, though. Nice job either ways.  :thumbsup:

Quote from: ThatGuy on February 14, 2009, 11:15PMI never knew there was a name for it.

me too till last weekwend :D

yeah, agreed on the bolts, they're a primary element of steampunk.

agreed also on the buttons, but they're not easy to make because that area is all messy and moving and they keep distorting and deforming.
i catch the moment to ask wether it's possible to modify exixsting models, cause it would be great and very useful

i'm a big fan of steampunk too.
those steampunk marvels are amazing.
i like the iron man and spider man ones
it would be great to have them as skins.
nice job with the doom one. my advice is you should make his metal more steampunky (rusted and/or copper/bronzish)
hope to see more.

Hi, I know this seems like a retarded question but where exactly do i paste the .igb files for the alternate skins?? Thanks in advance :)

in the Actors folder. Backup any skin you want to replace it with.

Steampunk Doom is released, but i'm not 100% satisfied. update likely coming soon. Check the first post in the thread for the donwload link, as always.

I'm working on Steampunk Thor. maybe i'll post something later tonight

You're bringing a completely new theme to the game, which is mighty cool.

IMO Doom looks great, nicely done. Wondering why you aren't satisfied

well thansk :D

hrm, i dont know why i'm not satified, maybe it needs some gears. steampunk needs gears.

anyways, Steampunk Thor is now complete and downloadable from the first post.

And on a side note, this is beyond awesome:

something can be done with the basic 1901 doom, but there's no model that reallymatches it.

Quote from: Lord Magneto on June 01, 2009, 12:38PM
anyways, Steampunk Thor is now complete and downloadable from the first post.

Woooow, makes me proud I suggested it. LOL

No, really, thanks a lot. I'm glad to see new great Thor skins!

(On a side note, LM,if you don't mind me asking: have you ever completed the Dracula mod (in progress) you showed a LONG time ago?)

oh crap, no, i'm really sorry but i abandoned it.. :/

i made another character though... but it's not marvel and i know i can't release him here. i'll upload it and give a link on my youtube channel when i have a demo video of him.

hint: check again the steampunk thor picture closely.