An obscure Marvel antihero created by Steve Englehart and Herb Trimpe in the late 1970s as a heavily influenced mashup of DC Comics' Batman and the pulp-era hero known as the Shadow, the similarities in the Shroud's origin story with the two characters in question are very much evident.
But in spite of his fairly derivative origin, Max Coleridge more than makes up for it in his ambitious ideals as the Shroud to bring down big-league supervillains in any manner he deems necessary for crimes against humanity and in his interesting mashup of martial arts, mysticism, gadgets and connection to the Darkforce Dimension through a combination of trials during the course of his career as a crimefighter.
While he frequently finds himself a little too in over his head at worst, not once has the Shroud wavered in his devotion to justice for the common man.
Realizing he was starting to lose himself mentally from the stress of being a vigilante and previous traumatic events which had not been properly resolved, his superhero girlfriend, Julia Carpenter, decided to intervene and took Max to see someone who could properly help him in learning to accept the events of his past and come out of the experience, a hopefully stronger man for it.
Making numerous appointments with renowned psychiatrist and occasional superhero in his own right, Doctor Leonard Samson, the Shroud gradually found himself becoming more at peace during his therapy sessions as he described to Leonard Samson, all the major events which had led him to becoming the Shroud in the first place.
Eventually re-examining his stance which had served as a primary motivator in his life for so long, Max decided it was time to hang up the Shroud costume and retire from crimefighting to a lifestyle better suited for him, putting his bachelor of science in law to good use as a seemingly blind but surprisingly solid legal counsellor for those desperately in need.
However, the superhero life managed to find its way back to Max after some time as Julia, now his wife and the new Madame Web (who had become legally blind as a result of the transferred powers from Cassandra Webb), suddenly received a precognitive vision of a series of events which would lead to the eventual destruction of the omniverse if not prevented by a strong alliance of heroes and villains from an assortment of places across time and space.
Rushing from his work desk to help Julia up from a crouching position, Max inquired about what she saw in her vision.
Explaining everything she could describe to the best of her ability, Max knew then and there that he needed to be there for his wife.
Ensuring his young stepdaughter, Rachel Carpenter, was sent off to Julia's parents for her own safety while the two of them were off assisting SHIELD, Max would venture into the basement of their home and suit up as the Shroud once more.
No longer the vengeful man he once was, the Shroud instead chooses to fight for the ones he loves most and bring all evildoers to justice the right way, in order to be decided by the courts.
Arming himself with plenty of bombarangs and taking flight via his newly strengthened connection to the Darkforce, the Shroud and Madame Web set off for the Helicarrier high above New York City...
-4 powers, 2 boosts and an Xtreme
-Ability of flight
-1 hex-edited skin, HUD, loading screen, icons and sound/voice file using archived audio of Ron Perlman's voice for Batman from Justice League Heroes.
-Uses assigned number #32 (will clash with Phil Coulson, The Flash and Gredin in mannequin).
1. Snapped Bones: The Shroud grabs an unlucky enemy and slams them to the ground, dealing physical damage.
2. Bombarang: The Shroud flings one of his custom boomerangs as they immediately explode, dealing fire damage to surrounding foes within the vicinity of the blast.
3. Brutal Counter: Being very well-trained in a wide assortment of martial arts, the Shroud pays close attention and anticipates an enemy attack. Countering it, he reverses the damage and kicks an enemy back, knocking them down as physical damage is dealt.
4. Insane Combo: The Shroud performs a powerful six-hit martial art combo attack, dealing physical damage to struck threats.
5. (Boost) Psychic Perception: His natural eyesight replaced with enhanced mystical perceptions, The Shroud reveals all nearby enemies on the map (thanks to being able to see through walls). Damage inflicted by the Shroud and his allies are also increased whilst this power is active.
6. (Boost) Darkforce Shadow: The Shroud uses his power over the Darkforce to become seemingly invisible to foes, decreasing damage received whilst boosting critical hit chances by 33%.
7. (Xtreme) Thick Fog: The Shroud opens a mystical portal from the Darkforce Dimension, generating fog so thick that all light sources are temporarily gone as he successfully knocks out all minor enemies on-screen.
Ceamonks890- Mod creation & coding, HUD, icons etc
Maegawa- Voice and sound files from Justice League Heroes
Outsider- Xtreme powerstyle coding and effects from Cloak
Zignutus- Shroud skin
Download link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/nx6m3luddn01qsb/The_Shroud_%2528Ceamonks890%2529.7z/file