Hello

Welcome, Guest. To unlock the rest of the forums
please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Enigma's Omega Red Booster  (Read 775 times)

Offline Enigma

• Marvel Modder
  • Fantastic Member
  • Upvotes: 2
Enigma's Omega Red Booster
« on: January 23, 2022, 03:37pm »
:omega: Omega Red Booster v5.1: :omega:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BTMDNBrDDcQc0aPP9Mtfc00FjWGYyv1g/view?usp=sharing

This is a booster for edward's Omega Red mod. It contains the following:

*A voice and soundfile use voiced lines, grunts, and power sound selected from the following sources: Mark Hamill's cut portrayal from X2 Wolverine's Revenge, Steve Blum's portrayal from X-Men Legends II, and Len Doncheff's portrayal from Marvel vs Capcom 2.
-Also includes voiced callouts for both his Xtreme powers.

Also includes:
*An updated herostat that's setup for his new soundfile.
*The original Omega Red mod replaces his boss soundfile. This booster uses a new sound file that doesn't do that and restores his original NPC soundfile if you already replaced it.
*A talent file with corrected spelling and grammar, as well as renaming his 1st power from Carbonium Release to Carbonium Blast.
*An updated powerstyle file. I made edits to allow for him to have unique power sounds and make as many fixes as possible to his Xtreme power sounds. I also switched his 4th power, Carbonium Whips, from a hold to charge power to a tap power instead, which fixed all of its animation and usage issues and made the power work properly now, as well as actually be fun to use now.
-I also changed his 2nd Xtreme from Omega Form to Omega Strike because there was a callout for a power with that name from MVC2.

*Removed the puff of smoke from his Red Armor power because it makes no sense for that power to have it.
*Includes a texture file from MUA1 PS2 which fixes Omega Red's missing texture issues.
*Includes 2 loading screens: a version of his default one that I remade using a higher quality source and an unused alternate Omega Red loading screen.
*Includes a character select portrait based upon his unused alternate XML2 loading screen.

Bonus:
*There's an announcer file of Patrick Stewart saying "Omega Red" that I ripped from X2 Wolverine's Revenge, as well as some Menu Breaks. You can add these to your x_voice if you know how. If not, don't worry about it.

Credits:
edward: Omega Red mod
Tubular Spaceman: troubleshooting

Changelog:

Spoiler
*v5.1:
-Minor icons fix
*v5.0:
-Did a complete overhaul of his voices. I rearranged some to fit better and added some more.
-Upscaled the icons and altered the packages files and talent file so that the icons how appear in a higher resolution in the character select menu
*v4.1:
Xtreme on-screen text is now all capitalized just like all the default characters.
*v4.0:
-Corrected review_paths install instructions
-Switched around and changed Low Health and No Power voice clips to be more fitting
-Added Menu Breaks
*v3.0:
-Added a character select portrait based upon his unused alternate XML2 loading screen.
-Renamed 2nd Xtreme from Omega Form to Omega Strike, as that power had a voiced callout in MVC2.
-Sound file now properly goes into the right folder (I had forgotten the "eng" folder).
-More powerstyle fixes related to sounds.
-Added another texture file from MUA1 PS2 to fix a missing texture issue.
-Reordered herostat so that skins are in numerical order.
-Added announcer file that you can add to your x_voice if you know how. If not, don't worry about it.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 02:00pm by Enigma »

Offline Enigma

• Marvel Modder
  • Fantastic Member
  • Upvotes: 2
Re: Enigma's Omega Red Booster
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2022, 02:00pm »
Updated to v5.1. Details are in the changelog above.