Hello

Welcome, Guest. To unlock the rest of the forums
please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Enigma's Psylocke Mod  (Read 921 times)

Offline Enigma

• Marvel Modder
  • Astonishing Member
  • Upvotes: 0
Enigma's Psylocke Mod
« on: January 23, 2022, 03:39pm »
:psylocke: Psylocke Mod v4.0 :psylocke:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Txwa4TZzHVuru5CybXMdudpy9MU1MVjA/view?usp=sharing

This is my Psylocke mod. It contains the following improvements over the original mod by nodoubt_jr:

Picss are included in the mod.

Audio Changes:
*Includes Psylocke's voiced lines and grunts from XML1 by Masasa Moyo, as well as additional voiced lines and grunts by the same actress in the same role from X-Men Next Dimension.
*Includes all new power sounds from taken from Psylocke's power sounds in Marvel Heroes (the only non-MH power sound used is her XML1 Psychic Onslaught sound).
*Fixed the issue of her having missing power sounds. She now has power sounds for all powers, they all work properly, and all of them are now unique.
*Her 2nd Xtreme now has a callout.
*Psionic Blast now has a charge sound.

Visual Changes:
*I've included a remake of her XML1 loading screen I made using a higher quality version of her XML1 loading screen, as well as her unused XML1 X-treme Gear loading screen I made using a high quality version of the image I found.
*I've included a new character select portrait that I made using a higher quality version of her XML1 loading screen.
*I've included her XML1 Prototype conversation hud (as hud_head_15401), which is higher quality than the XML1 retail version nodoubt_jr's mod used.
*She has new icons by BaconWizard17
*She has new skins numbered 01-08 with matching 3D heads and conversations huds by BaconWizard17
*She has new packages so that she can have unique 3d hud heads and conversation huds for every skin.
*She now uses her XML1 boltons, as they have higher quality textures and make the 1 bug in this mod less noticeable.

Power Changes:
*Renamed the following powers: Psychic Knives > Psychic Bolts, Psycho Blast > Psionic Blast, Psionic Whip > Psionic Swipe, Peel From Reality > Crimson Dawn, Telekinetic Katana > Psychic Katana
*Fixed many typos and grammar errors in power descriptions, as well as wrote some of the descriptions entirely.
*Removed the whip part of her Psionic Whip power. I felt that it was very out of place, since she takes out a pink whip, uses it, holsters it on her hip when she's done (which doesn't make any sense), and then she swips with her psychic katana anyway, so it's not needed.
*Her Telekinetic Katana attack now just uses her normal psychic katana and not a separate pink sword bolton instead.
*Fixed redundant and non-working parts of her powerstyle coding.
*Her 2nd Xtreme, Peel from Reality, no longer has a skin swap to a special shadow form skin. After discussing it with BaconWizard17, we decided that it doesn't really make sense and that the invisibility effect that this power gives to all other team members would work better. And the Crimson Dawn mark is an effect and not part of the skin so it will still appear on her face as part of this power.
*She now properly uses her psychic bolt bolton for her Psychic Bolts power, and not her psychic katana bolton.
*Sorted out issues with how her boltons worked and eliminated the need for separate redundant duplicate effects models files.
*Her Psychic Defense boost no longer uses the same animation Dual Wield, which were ill-fitting, but instead uses the same as her Mental Focus boost, which fits much better. This power also no longer uses Dual Wield's effect.
*Sped up the animation for her Psionic Swipe power, so that the animation would fit this power better and sync up properly with its power sound.
*Psionic Swipe and her knockback now do Telekinetic damage instead of Physical damage.
*Psychic Katana now does Mental damage instead of Physical damage.

Misc Changes:
*Removed unused effects and effects model files.
*Eliminated the need for multiple redundant model files and effects model files.
*Removed unneeded coding for skin segments from her powerstyle and herostat.

Bug:
*During her Crimson Dawn Xtreme, she is invisible but the invisibility causes her psychic katana bolton to have a sort of red and black "shell" around it. I was unable to remove it for this power, as this bolton is coded to always appear. And the original mod's coding to remove her bolton for this and other powers didn't work to begin with, so the coding to make her bolton always appears must be interferring with this. But the other effects that occur for this power will mean it doesn't stick out too badly and will sort of be hidden, and as the bug only happens for this Xtreme, it's not too big of a deal.

Bonuses:
*Custom X-Treme Gear Conversation Hud: A conversation hud I made using her X-Treme Gear loading screen.
*XML1 Prototype Boltons: These are alternate unused versions of her Psychic Blades and Psychic Bolt projectile boltons from the XML1 Prototype you can use if you wish.
*Non-Cel Shaded Skins
*Alternate Icons: BaconWizard17 made the default ones. He also remade these alternate ones, which are nodoubt_jr's original icons in higher quality.
*Screenshots: of all her skins, 3D heads, default icons, and the bug mentioned above.

Credits:
*nodoubt_jr = the original Psylocke mod
*BaconWizard17 = X-Men Legends II Ultimate Patch updated powerstyle and talents that I modified for this booster, updated packages, new icons, new skins, new 3D heads, new conversation huds

Changelog:
Spoiler
*v4.0
-Added updated skins, conversation huds, 3D heads, icons, bonus alternate icons, bonus non-cel shaded skins and Skins List screenshot by BaconWizard17
-Psionic Swipe and her knockback now do Telekinetic damage instead of Physical damage.
-Telekinetic Katana has been renamed Psychic Katana and now does Mental damage instead of Physical damage.
-Added a charge sound for Psionic Blast.
-Fixed some minor audio popping issues.
-Made minor fixes to description text.
-Removed 2 unused effects.
*v3.0:
-Upgraded it to a full standalone mod
-Includes new icons, skins (01-08), 3D heads, and conversation huds by BaconWizard17
-Her Bonus XML1 Prototype conversation hud is now no longer a bonus and is set as hud_head_15401
-Her 2nd Xtreme, Peel from Reality, no longer has a skin swap to a special shadow form skin. It uses the shadow effect Nightcrawler uses instead.
-Renamed Peel From Reality to Crimson Dawn.
-Renamed Psychic Knives to Psychic Bolts
-Added her unused p5_power effect to her Telekinetic Explosion power to make it look like more of an explosion.
-She now properly uses her psychic bolt bolton for her Psychic Bolts power, and not her psychic katana bolton.
-Sorted out issues with how her boltons worked and eliminated the need for separate redundant duplicate effects models files.
-Her Psychic Defense boost no longer uses the same animation Dual Wield, which were ill-fitting, but instead uses the same as her Mental Focus boost, which fits it much better.
-Psychic Defense no longer uses Dual Wield's effect.
-Sped up the animation for her Psionic Swipe power, so that the animation would fit this power better and sync up properly with its power sound.
-Fixed some minor audio crackling issues.
-Added XML1 Prototype Boltons as a bonus
-Rewrote readme and explained changes more clearly and included some I forgot to explain.
-Removed unused effects and effects model files.
-Eliminated the need for multiple redundant model files and effects model files.
-Removed unneeded coding for skin segments from her powerstyle and herostat.
*v2.0:
-Removed Can't Talk and Locked lines because they're never used
-Added XML1 Prototype and Custom X-Treme Gear Conversation Huds I made
-Added loading screens
« Last Edit: March 18, 2022, 07:15pm by Enigma »

Offline Enigma

• Marvel Modder
  • Astonishing Member
Re: Enigma's Psylocke Mod
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2022, 02:38pm »
Upgraded it to a full standalone mod, among many other things. See changelog for details.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2022, 07:29pm by Enigma »

Offline Enigma

• Marvel Modder
  • Astonishing Member
Re: Enigma's Psylocke Mod
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2022, 07:17pm »
Upgraded her to v4.0. See changelog for details.