Enigma's Magma Mod

Started by Enigma, January 23, 2022, 03:41PM

Previous topic - Next topic
January 23, 2022, 03:41PM Last Edit: March 15, 2024, 02:37PM by Enigma
:magma: Enigma's Magma Mod v3.9:magma:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M7jJ6AgVl8n0AP6C1X6MxSSoLE_a7b4N/view?usp=sharing

This is my Magma Mod, which was formerly a booster and is now a standalone mod. It includes the following improvements from the original mod by nodoubt_jr:

Audio Changes:
*A voicepack featuring her XML1 voices and grunts, which I've expanded using more voiced lines and grunts taken from her XML1 conversations.
-Added 1 unique grunt of hers that was only in the XML1 Prototype. I'm using it as a 2nd Pickup grunt.
-Also repurposed 1 of her unused Incoming lines.
-2 of her No Work lines now double as No Power lines because they were a good fit and No Work lines aren't used very much.
*For her power sounds, she uses all her XML1 Retail power sounds, her 1 unused XML1 Prototype exclusive power sound, and Human Torch's Marvel Heroes power sounds to fill in the gaps.
-Her Lava Tracks sound from XML1 is used for something else because it's not very well suited to being a looping sound effect, which is what I've changed this power to have now. I've picked a better suited sound from a sound effects website.
-Changed coding for Lava Tracks so that the power sound loops.

Power Changes:
*I rewrote her power descriptions to be more clear and accurate as to what the powers do.
*Rewrote combo text and added it in where it was missing.
*I've removed all mentions in Magma's power descriptions of her powers being able to create bridges, because it's not possible for her to do so in XML2.
*Renamed Rising Fire to Flaming Geyser.
*Changed her Fiery Form to use skin number 3610.
*Renamed her Earthquake power to Terrae Motu, which was what the ancient Romans called earthquakes.
*Renamed her Magma Might Xtreme to Volcanic Eagle, because her last name in the comics is eagle in Latin.
*Renamed Burning Rage to Flaming Combat, to match the naming scheme of the passives of this type that default characters have.
*Renamed Magma Blast to Lava Flow.
*Renamed Magma Form to Fiery Form.
*Lava Flow is now listed as a Beam.
*Volcano is now listed as a Special.
*Increased Column of Fire's range.
*Rebalanced all powers.
*Added environmental damage and trip to Terrae Motu.
*Fiery Form now increases Fire damage for all Fire attacks and not just Melee attacks.
*Fixed bug with now Novum Inferno works.
*Flaming Combat now also increases her Fire resistance.
*Fixed coding for knockback on multiple powers.
*The knockback for her Terrae Motu and Column of Fire powers now levels up.
*Removed the generic Critical Strike passive, because it's redundant since she also has a Fire Mastery passive.
*Fixed typos, capitalization errors, punctuation errors, and various assorted other text errors in her powerstyle file.
*Fixed coding bug causing her not to swap skins for her Fiery Form boost.
*Removed weld from all powers that had it because it doesn't do anything in XML2.
*Her Fiery Form is now a Boost instead of a Special.
*Fiery Blasts is now a Projectile instead of a Blast.
*Removed Blazing Fury boost, as it's redundant with her Burning Rage passive.
*She no longer has the Critical Strike passive because it's redundant with her Fire Mastery passive.
*I've removed Flaming Geyser because it didn't work properly, it felt awkward to use, and I felt 7 powers was 1 too many for her.
*Sped up Volcanic Eagle's animation.
*Fire Mastery now requires Mutant Master.
*Terrae Motu requires Lava Fissure.
*Smoke Screen requires Fiery Form.
*Pax Romana requires Smoke Screen.
*Lava Flow requires Column of Fire.
*Redid AI coding.
*Added Fire resistance.
*Reorganized talent file.
*Reorganized powerstyle file.
*Fiery Form now adds Might level at the start and levels up to add Might level 2.
*Fixed bug with her Flaming Combat trail effect's coding.
*Fixed bug with Critical chance leveling coding for Fire Mastery passive.
*Column of Fire now has a max range.
*Fiery Blasts now burns enemies.

Visual Changes:
*I remade her character select portrait using a higher quality version of her XML1 loading screen.
*I included a remade version of her XML1 loading screen using a higher quality version of the image, as well as her unused X-Treme Gear loading screen using an AI Upscaled version of that image from the XML1 Prototype.
*Includes new skins, 3D heads, conversation huds, icons, and alternate Fiery Form skins by BaconWizard17.
*Her Age of Apocalypse skin has a fire effect on it.
*Replaced all existing effects with all new effects. I've used a combination of her XML1 Prototype and Retail effects, which I've improved in various ways, as well as creating new unique effects in the same style. She no longer shares effects with other characters.
-I've cut down the number of effects she uses to a bare minimum.
-I've renamed her effects so it's easier to keep track of which effects go with which power.
-Removed camera shake from all effects that had it.
-For her Fiery Blasts power, I've used the XML1 Retail impact effect, which I've recolored to have black smoke like the XML1 Prototype effect has.
-For Fiery Blasts trail effect on the projectile, I've used the one from the original mod by nodoubt_jr, because the Retail trail effect is at a weird angle and nodoubt_jr is at a better angle.
-For Lava Fissure, I've combined this power's XML1 Retail and XML1 Prototype effects together and removed the Prototype's out of place yellow flash part of the effect.
-Her Lava Tracks power now uses its XML1 Prototype effects, which I've added an explosion effect to when it ends.
-In the XML1 Prototype, 2 sets of beam effects are all that remains of a removed beam power. I've used one of these sets for her Lava Flow beam power and the other set is available as a bonus.
-For her Novum Inferno passive, I've used nodoubt_jr's effect because it's just the Retail one recolored.
-Her Volcano Xtreme now uses the XML1 Prototype effects.
-I've kept nodoubt_jr's effects for her Column of Fire power.
-I've kept but recolored nodoubt_jr's effects for her Terrae Motu power.
-Replaced Fire Combat trail effect with a custom effect I made because I couldn't get either her XML1 Prototype or Retail trail effect to work properly.

Misc Changes:
*There are now 9 packages and they ar the new X-Men Legends II Ultimate Patch-style streamlined packages.

Bonuses:
*Alternate Fiery Form Skins: Alternate skins for her Fiery Form boost by BaconWizard17.
*Custom X-Treme Gear Conversation Hud: A custom conversation hud I made using her unused XML1 X-Treme Gear loading screen.
*Custom X-Treme Gear Character Select Portrait: A custom character select portrait I made using her unused XML1 X-Treme Gear loading screen.
*XML1 Prototype Dead Conversation Hud: Originally, XML1 would've used a hud system somewhat similar to MUA1's, except that when a character died, their hud would be replaced with a black and white version of it. This is Magma's Dead Hud from the XML1 Prototype. I denoised the image to improve its quality.
*Magma Concept Art: This includes color concept art of Magma I found online. It also includes a cut out version of Magma's black and white Civilian skin concept art from an image in XML1's concept gallery that had other characters in it, replaced the missing left arm, and AI Upscaled it, then placed both of them on an AI Upscaled version of the background used for the concept art in XML2's concept art gallery.
*Magma Fiery Form Loading Screen: This is a loading screen of Magma's Fiery Form from the comics using art by Peter Nguyen. I've AI Upscaled this image.
*Alternate Lava Flow Effects: An alternate effects for Magma's Lava Flow. Like the one used in the mod, this is also one of Magma's unused beam effects from her removed XML1 Prototype beam power.

Changelog:
Spoiler
*v3.9:
-Rewrote some descriptions.
-Fixed various minor issues with powerstyle.
-Lava Fissure, Column of Fire, Lava Tracks, and Volcano now burn enemies.
-Fiery Form now increases her Attack Rating instead of increasing her Fire damage.
-Fixed issues with how Lava Tracks' power sound works.
-Streamlined powerstyle coding.
-Fixed an issue with the packages.
*v3.8:
-Fixed issues with Fiery Blasts and Lava Fissure
-Removed unneeded coding from entities file.
-Rewrote some power descriptions and also fixed some typos.
*v3.7:
-Fiery Form now adds Might level at the start and levels up to add Might level 2.
-Made Fiery Form's description more accurate as to what it does.
-Fiery Blasts now burns enemies.
-Fixed a minor typo in one of her power descriptions.
-Fixed mistakes I made coding Fire Mastery.
-I've added some Menu Breaks because the current version of x_voice only added 1 custom one for her.
-I'd forgotten to include her grunts in her sound file.
*v3.6:
-Removed a couple of lines of unneeded code.
*v3.5:
-Rebalanced Fiery Form's touch damage.
*v3.4:
-Column of Fire now has a max range.
*v3.3:
-Fixed bug with Critical chance leveling coding for Fire Mastery passive.
-Lava Flow now burns enemies.
*v3.2:
-Renamed Fire Combat to Flaming Combat to match a change being done to Pyro and Sunfire in the Ultimate Patch.
*v3.1:
-Renamed Novum Inferno to Fire Combat, to match the naming scheme of the passives of this type that default characters have.
-Fixed bug with her Fire Combat trail effect's coding.
-Replaced Fire Combat trail effect with a custom effect I made because I couldn't get either her XML1 Prototype or Retail trail effect to work properly.
*v3.0:
-Now a standalone mod.
-Added 1 unique grunt of hers that was only in the XML1 Prototype. I'm using it as a 2nd Pickup grunt.
-Further expanded her voices with more lines and 1 grunt (which I'm using for Pain) from her XML1 conversations and 1 of her XML1 Incoming lines.
-Replaced one of the Level up lines I'd added with a better one.
-2 of her No Work lines now double as No Power lines because they were a good fit and No Work lines aren't used very much.
-Completely redid her power sounds. She now uses all her XML1 Retail power sounds, her 1 unused XML1 Prototype exclusive power sound, and Human Torch's Marvel Heroes power sounds to fill in the gaps. Her Lava Tracks sound from XML1 is used for something else because it's not very well suited to looping. I've picked a better suited sound from a sound effects website.
-Changed coding for Lava Tracks so that the power sound loops.
-Renamed her Earthquake power to Terrae Motu, which was what the ancient Romans called earthquakes.
-Renamed her Magma Might Xtreme to Volcanic Eagle, because her last name in the comics is eagle in Latin.
-Renamed Burning Rage to Novum Inferno, which is Latin for New Inferno.
-Renamed Magma Blast to Lava Flow.
-Renamed Magma Form to Fiery Form.
-Lava Flow is now listed as a Beam.
-Volcano is now listed as a Special.
-Increased Column of Fire's range.
-Rebalanced all powers.
-Added environmental damage and trip to Terrae Motu.
-Fiery Form now increases Fire damage for all Fire attacks and not just Melee attacks.
-Fixed bug with now Novum Inferno works.
-Novum Inferno now also increases her Fire resistance.
-Fixed coding for knockback on multiple powers.
-The knockback for her Terrae Motu and Column of Fire powers now levels up.
-Removed the generic Critical Strike passive, because it's redundant since she also has a Fire Mastery passive.
-Fixed typos, capitalization errors, punctuation errors, and various assorted other text errors in her powerstyle file.
-Fixed coding bug causing her not to swap skins for her Fiery Form boost.
-Removed weld from all powers that had it because it doesn't do anything in XML2.
-Her Fiery Form is now a Boost instead of a Special.
-Fiery Blasts is now a Projectile instead of a Blast.
-Removed Blazing Fury boost, as it's redundant with her Burning Rage passive.
-She no longer has the Critical Strike passive because it's redundant with her Fire Mastery passive.
-I've removed Flaming Geyser because it didn't work properly, it felt awkward to use, and I felt 7 powers was 1 too many for her.
-Sped up Volcanic Eagle's animation.
-Fire Mastery now requires Mutant Master.
-Terrae Motu requires Lava Fissure.
-Smoke Screen requires Fiery Form.
-Pax Romana requires Smoke Screen.
-Lava Flow requires Column of Fire.
-Further rewrote power descriptions.
-Redid AI coding.
-Rewrote combo text and added it in where it was missing.
-I've removed all mentions in Magma's power descriptions of her powers being able to create bridges, because it's not possible for her to do so in XML2.
-Added Fire resistance.
-Redid Custom X-Treme Gear hud to be from a better angle.
-Added Custom X-Treme Gear character select portrait.
-Added bonus XML1 Prototype Dead Hud
-Reorganized talent file.
-Reorganized powerstyle file.
-Includes new skins, 3D heads, conversation huds, icons, and alternate Fiery Form skins by BaconWizard17.
-Her Age of Apocalypse skin has a fire effect on it.
-Replaced all existing effects with all new effects. I've used a combination of her XML1 Prototype and Retail effects, which I've improved in various ways, as well as creating new unique effects in the same style. She no longer shares effects with other characters.
-I've cut down the number of effects she uses to a bare minimum.
-I've renamed her effects so it's easier to keep track of which effects go with which power.
-Removed camera shake from all effects that had it.
-For her Fiery Blasts power, I've used the XML1 Retail impact effect, which I've recolored to have black smoke like the XML1 Prototype effect has.
-For Fiery Blasts trail effect on the projectile, I've used the one from the original mod by nodoubt_jr, because the Retail trail effect is at a weird angle and nodoubt_jr is at a better angle.
-For Lava Fissure, I've combined this power's XML1 Retail and XML1 Prototype effects together and removed the Prototype's out of place yellow flash part of the effect.
-Her Lava Tracks power now uses its XML1 Prototype effects, which I've added an explosion effect to when it ends.
-In the XML1 Prototype, 2 sets of beam effects are all that remains of a removed beam power. I've used one of these sets for her Lava Flow beam power and the other set is available as a bonus.
-For her Novum Inferno passive, I've used nodoubt_jr's effect because it's just the Retail one recolored.
-Her Volcano Xtreme now uses the XML1 Prototype effects.
-I've kept nodoubt_jr's effects for her Column of Fire power.
-I've kept but recolored nodoubt_jr's effects for her Terrae Motu power.
-Replaced packages with new X-Men Legends II Ultimate Patch streamlined packages.
*v2.0:
-Added new packages to future proof for the new way icons will work in X2UP and so that she can have unique conversation huds and 3d heads for every skin
-Added packs for skins 3604 and 3609 (there aren't skins for these numbers in this mod, but the option is now there)
-Changed her Magma Form skin to 3610
*v1.0:
-Added her XML1 voices, which I have expanded using some clips from her XML1 conversation dialogue. (1 more Bored line, 5 more Level Up lines, 2 more Respaffirm lines, and 1 more Too Heavy line.)
-Her 2nd Xtreme now has a callout, by reusing one of her Level Up lines, as there wasn't really anything else that fit, and I feel that the line I picked fits pretty well.
-I rewrote her power descriptions to be more clear and accurate as to what the powers do.
-Renamed Rising Fire to Flaming Geyser.
-I gave her new power sounds using Human Torch's power sounds from Marvel Heroes (but I did still use her XML1 Volcano Xtreme and Lava Fissure power sounds) so that now Magma has unique power sounds for all her powers, including replacing the mod's power sound that had the sound of a man grunting in it. Flaming Geyser has 2 different power sounds that can play, as I had access to 2 similar power sounds and figured why not.
-I remade her character select portrait using a higher quality version of her XML1 loading screen.
-I included a remade version of her XML1 loading screen using a higher quality version of the image, as well as her unused X-Treme Gear loading screen using an AI Upscaled version of that image from the XML1 Prototype.
-I reordered skins in herostat to be in alphabetical order
*Her files are future-proofed for the new way icons will work in X2UP (1 file for menus and 1 for in-game so that the menu ones will be higher resolution.) Once that's released, you can use the icons files from that with this booster (This booster will be part of the X2UP as well.)
-She can now have a unique conversation hud and 3d head for every skin, as well. In this booster, all conversation huds are the same (but you can install the Bonus ones if you wish) and all 3d heads are the same except 03, but the option is now there.
-Changed her Magma Form skin to 3610
-All skins from 3601 to 3609 now have packages. There aren't skins 3604 and 3609 in this booster, but you can add them from elsewhere if you wish.
-Bonus XML1 Prototype Conversation Hud: I remade her conversation hud using the higher quality version of the image from the XML1 Prototype. It's a bonus so you can pick which skin or skins to use it for.
-Bonus Custom Xtreme Conversation Hud: A conversation hud I made using her X-Treme Gear loading screen to fit in with the official huds.

Credits:
*nodoubt_jr: original Magma mod
*BaconWizard17: new skins, 3D heads, conversation huds, icons, new packages, feedback, ideas
*hemlot: feedback
*Enchlore: feedback

:bowdown: :bowdown: Omg amazing job, since she was the protagonist in the first game is really awesome to see this masterpiece.