Enigma's Jubilee Mod

Started by Enigma, April 14, 2022, 11:41AM

Previous topic - Next topic
April 14, 2022, 11:41AM Last Edit: March 15, 2024, 02:46PM by Enigma
:jubilee:Enigma's Jubilee Mod v5.0 :jubilee:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t_MsA9sN_OFGYt4mgC7LoOErwG0QOPAu/view?usp=sharing

This is a new and updated version of nodoubt_jr's Jubilee mod. It contains the following improvements over the original mod:

Sound Changes:
*Now includes a voicepack featuring her XML1 voices along with additional lines taken from her NPC lines.
*For her power sounds, I've used her Marvel Heroes power sounds. The only one of her XML1 power sounds I've used is her Independence Day Xtreme sound, as it's the only one of her XML1 power sounds that actually sounds like fireworks and not just generic ill-fitting sound effects.
*Fixed a lot of issues with the coding of her power sounds being broken.
*Her sound file is now jubilee_m instead of jubile_m.
*Molecular Detonation now has a sound that plays when the detonation/popup happens.
*Scorching Sparklers now has a sound that plays when the power lights enemies on fire.

Power Changes:
*She no longer uses a custom fightstyle. Instead, she uses the same fightstyle she uses in XML1, which is fightstyle_hero.
*She no longer uses a 2nd skeleton. She now only uses her XML1 skeleton, and her power animations have been changed to accomodate this and so that each animation fits each power.
*Removed the power Rapid Globules. It was designed for use with animations from the 2nd skeleton and none of Jubilee's fit it very well. It's also kind of an awkward power and pretty redundant since it's so similar to Fireworks Fling, which is a better power anyway.
-I have replaced it with another boost, as I felt she needed another one. So I've created Energy Nullication, a boost that nullifies all Energy Damage. I have also created effects for it.
*Added a new unique passive that also replaces Critical Chance: Lumikinetic Mastery, which increases the damage and Critical Chance of all of her Energy Powers and increases her Resistances. In the alternate icons, it uses an icon that went unused originally.
*Added a new unique passive that she has in XML1: Point Blank, which is a modified version of the version used in BliZZ's MUA1 Jubliee mod, which is included in the MUA1 OCP Mod.
*She now also resists Mental damage as well as Energy damage, which she can do in the comics.
*Renamed the following powers: Energy Blast > Fireworks Fling, Photo Flash > Strobe Flash, Exploding Pafs > Exploding Fireworks, Paf Shield > Lumikinetic Shield (also changed Xtreme in-game display text to match the new name.), Energy Combat > Lumikinetic Combat,
*Rewrote power descriptions to fix grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors, as well as to better explain what her powers actually do and to sound better.
*Bugfix to Lumikinetic Combat's damage level up numbers in talents file.
*For Scorching Sparklers, the talent file said it did Physical damage but the powerstyle file said it did Fire damage. I have changed the talent file to say Fire damage, as that makes more sense for this power.
*Redid some of the coding for her Independence Day Xtreme so that there can be 3 different types of fireworks, each of a different single color.
*Molecular Detonation's coding for it's knockback was broken. I have made the power do popup instead, as I felt that made more sense.
*Exploding Fireworks now does knockback.
*Rebalanced Pep Rally so that it isn't so overpowered.
*Independence Day is now properly listed as a blast.
*Corrected various coding mistakes with Indepedence Day.
*Reduced the number of blasts per firework in Independence Day from 2 to 1, meaning the power now has 6 blasts total instead of 12. This is because I didn't want to risk running into an effects limit and to make the power less overpowered. To compensate for this, I have increased the range of each firework blast from 225 to 250.
*Changed level up information for Independence Day to make it clear that the damage is per firework.
*Fixed various other coding bugs in her powerstyle file.
*Added missing AI coding to Molecular Detonation.
*I rebalanced the levels at which her powers unlock.*Rewrote combo text.
*Fixed issues with how Lumikinetic Combat worked.
*Removed weld from Scorching Sparklers because weld is only used in XML1.
*Scorching Sparklers now requires Strobe Flash.
*Exploding Fireworks now requires Scorching Sparklers.
*Molecular Detonation now requires Exploding Fireworks.
*Streamlined Scorching Sparklers's coding.
*Scorching Sparklers now damages objects using its leveled up amount of damage, which is how it already damaged enemies, rather than a fixed amount.
*In additon to Movement Speed, Pep Rally now only increases non-powered Melee damage. Previously, it said it increased Movment Speed and Melee damage but actually increased Movement Speed and all damage.

Visual Changes:
*Includes new skins, conversation huds, 3D heads, icons, and a character select portrait by BaconWizard17
*Now includes a loading screen. It's a higher quality non-letterboxed version of her XML1 loading screen from the original artist's portfolio.
*I changed her packages and talent file to allow for her icons to appear in higher quality in the character select menu.
*I changed her packages so that she can have a unique conversation hud and 3D head for each skin.
*Because Pep Rally now has a more fitting animation, I've altered the effects and their coding to compensate for that.
*I removed the arc effect that her Fireworks Fling power used, because it looked very out of place.
*I removed the fullscreen blue flash effect from Strobe Flash, as I found it pretty annoying and also unnecessary and out of place.
*She no longer shares 2 effects files with Gambit and Scarlet Witch.
-One of these is an effect of Gambit's that was used for her Lumikinetic Combat (melee energy attacks) Passive. I have made this no longer be shared with Gambit and recolored it pink to match her power effects colors.
*Removed the weird green spitting effect that comes out of Jubilee's mouth in her Bait boost, because it doesn't fit in very well, and it's disgusting.
*I redid the colors for all of her effects. Before, they were a random mix of many different colors which didn't look good and really didn't fit her. I didn't make them the colors they were in XML1, which her effects were orange and purple with a little blue thrown in here and there. Instead, her effects are now all a combination of yellow and pink, which I feel suits her much better.
*Altered and redid the effects for Scorching Sparklers, which originally had many different radial effects in various different colors and many of those effects were only seen for less than 1 second. Now, there's a yellow burst when the power starts, then the main effect is a swirling pink radial with a yellow cloud underneath it.
*I removed the weird out-of-place "splat" effect from Exploding Fireworks.
*I created a new effect to replace a glitched effect that was used as part of the effects of multiple different powers.
*I removed effect p4_charge from her Indepenence Day Xtreme because it was out of place and to reduce the number of effects.
*Replaced custom dazed effect with standard dazed effect.
*I removed the camera shake from the explosion effect of her Molecular Detonation power.
*Removed Scorching Sparklers's impact effect, because it appeared on objects that couldn't be damaged, because default characters that have powers that make enemies burst into flames don't have an impact effect like that, and so that I could reduce her number of effects.

Misc Changes:
*She now has 9 packages. She only has 7 skins included in this mod by default, but the option for 9 is now available to you.
*Removed all unused files.

Bonuses:
*Bonus Conversation Huds: I made new conversation huds based on a higher quality non-letterboxed version of her XML1 loading screen and a higher quality version of her XML1 concept art.
*MUA1 Omega Base Good Epilogue LS: This epilogue image from MUA1 features Jubilee, so I've included it as a bonus 3nd loading screen.
*Concept Art: I remastered her XML1 in-game concept by replacing the color full-body part of it with a higher quality uncropped version I found online and AI Upscaled the rest of it and merged everything together. You can replace any of the XML2 concept art with this. Just rename the file to which ever file you want to replace and then change the name of that concept art's entry named in review_paths to "Jubilee."
*Alternate Icons:
-My modified version of the original mod's icons. I replaced the 4 that were from XML1 with the higher quality XML1 versions and for the rest of the icons, the same ones are used in BliZZ's MUA1 Jubilee mod, but they're much higher quality there so I used those versions. I created 1 new icon. Also, there was an unused icon that is now used. I also changed which icons are assigned to which powers to be more fitting. The XML1 icons are now used with the powers that are most similar to her XML1 powers.
*Menu Breaks: The current version of x_voice only added 1 custom Menu Breaks for her, so I've added several more.

Changelog:
Spoiler
*v5.0:
-Rebalanced Strobe Flash and Scorching Sparklers.
-Rewrote a few power descriptions.
*v4.9:
-Rebalanced Fireworks Fling's number of projectiles.
-Rebalanced Scorching Sparklers and made levelup info more clear.
-Added some missing AI coding.
-Streamlined powerstyle coding.
*v4.8:
-Rebalanced Fireworks Fling.
*v4.7:
-Fixed bug with Lumikinetic Mastery.
*v4.6:
-Fixed a typo in talents.
-Removed some unneeded lines of coding in powerstyle.
*v4.5:
-I've added some Menu Breaks because the current version of x_voice only added 1 custom for her.
-Minor typo fix.
*v4.4:
-Rewrote some power descriptions to be more clear.
-In additon to Movement Speed, Pep Rally now only increases non-powered Melee damage. Previously, it said it increased Movment Speed and Melee damage but actually increased Movement Speed and all damage.
*v4.3:
-Fixed streamlined and fixed various coding issues with Exploding Fireworks.
*v4.2:
-Scorching Sparklers now has a fixed maximum range instead of one that levels up but is unbalanced and isn't listed in the level up information.
*v4.1:
-Rewrote some power descriptions to be more clear.
-Removed Scorching Sparklers's impact effect, because it appeared on objects that couldn't be damaged, because default characters that have powers that make enemies burst into flames don't have an impact effect like that, and so that I could reduce her number of effects.
-Streamlined Scorching Sparklers's coding.
-Scorching Sparklers now damages objects using its leveled up amount of damage, which is how it already damaged enemies, rather than a fixed amount.
*v4.0:
-Her Bait boost now uses the standard XML2 weakened effect for enemies it affects, both to fit in better with the default characters and to reduce the number of effects she uses.
-Removed weld from Scorching Sparklers because weld is only used in XML1.
-Lumikinetic Mastery now affects Scorching Sparkers. I also changed its description to compensate for this.
-Rebalanced and fixed issues with how Lumikinetic Combat works.
-Rebalanced and fixed issues with how Point Blank works.
-Scorching Sparklers now requires Strobe Flash.
-Exploding Fireworks now requires Scorching Sparklers.
-Molecular Detonation now requires Exploding Fireworks.
-Fixed a couple of typos.
*v3.7:
-Fixed an issue with how her Lumikinetic Combat passive worked.
*v3.6:
-Made Lumikinetic Mastery resistance text more clear.
*v3.5:
-Changed how coding for Xtreme 2 callout works.
-Fixed bug with Energy Nullification.
-Add some missing AI coding.
-Fixed minor errors with package files. (Thanks to BaconWizard17 for doing this).
*v3.4:
-Replaced packages with the X-Men Legends II streamlined packages.
*v3.3:
-I rebalanced her resistances to match other characters.
-I added coding for her resistances to her herostat.
-Removed unnecessary coding from one of her passives.
*v3.2:
-I removed the camera shake from the explosion effect of her Molecular Detonation power.
*v3.1:
-I rebalanced the levels at which her powers unlock.
*v3.0:
-Added missing AI coding to Molecular Detonation.
-Corrected various coding mistakes with Independence Day.
-Reduced the number of blasts per firework in Independence Day from 2 to 1, meaning the power now has 6 blasts total instead of 12. This is because I didn't want to risk running into an effects limit and to make the power less overpowered. To compensate for this, I have increased the range of each firework blast from 225 to 250.
-Changed level up information for Independence Day to make it clear that the damage is per firework.
-I removed effect p4_charge from her Indepenence Day Xtreme because it was out of place and to reduce the number of effects.
-Replaced custom dazed effect with standard dazed effect.
* v2.1:
-Corrected various capitalization errors in her talent file.
*v2.0:
-Added new icons by BaconWizard17. The original set of icons are now a bonus.
-Fixed some issues with her talent file's formatting and rearranged the order of her boosts so they would unlock in a better order.
-Rebalanced Pep Rally boost to be less overpowered.
-Increased the amount of Energy that her Energy Nullification boost requires to use, at it was way too low.
-Gave Molecular Detonation a more accurate power description.
-Independence Day is now properly listed as a blast.

Credits:
*nodoubt_jr: original Jubilee mod
*BaconWizard17: new skins, conversation huds, 3D heads, icons, and character select portrait
*BliZZ: MUA1 Jubliee icons, MUA1 Jubilee Point Blank Passive
*ak2ny: effects troubleshooting
*Ninja Kyden: effects troubleshooting
*Logan: bug report, testing

April 22, 2022, 04:33PM #1 Last Edit: June 04, 2022, 01:41PM by Enigma
Here's her power list:

Powers:
Fireworks Fling - Jubilee throws charged fireworks at enemies.
Strobe Flash - A Radial Light attack that confuses enemies.
Molecular Detonation - Jubilee manipulates Energy to detonate matter at an atomic level, causing objects and enemies to popup and even explode.
Scorching Sparklers - Releases a radial wave of Lumikinetic Energy that causes anything it touches to ignite and spontaneously combust.
Exploding Fireworks - Jubilee launches a firework which causes nearby objects and enemies to explode violently.

Boosts:
Bait - Jubilee taunts her enemies, reducing their stats and baiting them into attacking her.
Pep Rally - Enhances party speed and increases Melee $DMG.
Energy Nullification - Nullifies all incoming $DMG_ENERGY.

Xtremes:
Independence Day - Jubilee fills the sky with brilliant fireworks that rain down upon enemies and explode.
Lumikinetic Shield - Jubilee envelops the party in a protective shield of light, making them invulnerable for a time and increasing their max EP.

Passives:
Lumikinetic Combat - Adds additional $DMG_ENERGY to Melee attacks.
Lumikinetic Mastery - Increases the damage and Critical Chance of all of Jubilee's Energy Powers and increases her Energy and Mental Resistances.
Point Blank - Adds damage to all powers that hit enemies within 6 feet of Jubilee.