Expanded Game (EXG) v1.2

Started by Outsider, December 31, 2022, 09:58PM

Previous topic - Next topic
There's something I'm very curious about and I forgot to ask you. How come you added Victorious in Castle Doom and not another dark hero? This game did take place in 2006 and she first appeared in 2018. Could this mean she's from the future?

Quote from: spidermatt on August 02, 2023, 11:54AM
There's something I'm very curious about and I forgot to ask you. How come you added Victorious in Castle Doom and not another dark hero? This game did take place in 2006 and she first appeared in 2018. Could this mean she's from the future?

Four reasons.
1. Because Victorious is known to be the herald for :doom: Doctor Doom.
2. Because there aren't that many female villains in the game that you fight.
3. Because she looks cool.
4. Because the game needed more actual followers of Doom instead of just more clones of heroes or brainwashed heroes, for variety.

I know Victorious was created years later, but since Doctor Doom is changing reality to suit his personal preferences, it matters little. One could say that she was already serving Doom around that time and we just didn't know about her until 2018. Though if you want to say she's from the future, you can do that as well since he's disrupting time.

I know this isn't the place to ask, but (after reading a couple of pages of messages) my mind is blown by your level of helpful responsiveness...can't hurt to try.

1 question: do you have or know where to get the mannequin file for the Professor X featured in the "50 char holy f-n grail" title pic?

Professor X, 90's TAS style...he appears to be wearing the green suit and everything.

can't find it. Downloaded every mannequin file I could find, but I have not had that 1.

Quote from: trimega on August 14, 2023, 05:34PM
I know this isn't the place to ask, but (after reading a couple of pages of messages) my mind is blown by your level of helpful responsiveness...can't hurt to try.

1 question: do you have or know where to get the mannequin file for the Professor X featured in the "50 char holy f-n grail" title pic?

Professor X, 90's TAS style...he appears to be wearing the green suit and everything.

can't find it. Downloaded every mannequin file I could find, but I have not had that 1.

That :xavier: Professor X mannequin was done by SSJKratos. However, he seemingly didn't post it anywhere on this forum, at least not in his thread. I personally requested him to create that mannequin, and he was nice enough to do it. He posted it on our Discord. If you joined us there (where we're mostly active), I can show you where he posted it so you can get it. Or you can send him a message and ask him to post it on his thread so everyone can get it.

There is something that confuses me. How come the enemies in the Astral Plane mission don't have hud heads? There is a hud head of the Astral Shade inside UltraMegaMagnus's Update and Random Stuff mod.

Quote from: spidermatt on October 05, 2023, 10:10AM
There is something that confuses me. How come the enemies in the Astral Plane mission don't have hud heads? There is a hud head of the Astral Shade inside UltraMegaMagnus's Update and Random Stuff mod.

There weren't decent pictures of them to create HUDs for them. Doesn't make sense to do one enemy type and not the others -- it's all or nothing. And since the enemies are psychic in origin, a theory can be made that they don't show up on camera anyway. If I find decent pics for all three enemy types, then I'll add them.

October 15, 2023, 04:21PM #36 Last Edit: October 29, 2023, 05:37PM by scottsum
Just did a play through this on a clean game to get a look.  Very cool mod!  Big fan of the Astral Plane and Time Warp missions.

A couple of things jumped out at me as possible bugs/glitches, not sure if they can be fixed or if it's due to limitations of the game:

1) Doomstark- This is after already completing the whole onslaught of doom ironman bots and dark ironman- Every time I come back to the main Stark tower area, Fury repeats his script of "well if Doom didn't know we're here he does now.."  Not sure if there is a way to make that only happen once.

2) Hank Pym's lightning protection didn't work when fighting Doom.  I kept getting struck by the random green lightning, even though I brought Pym the dampener and manual in the tower, and the related objective showed as completed.

3) Upon defeating Doom, he lay there knocked out and I had to keep fighting the F4 clones for a good 10-15 seconds before the final cutscene kicked in.  Normally that scene kicks in the very moment you take out Doom.
This one appears to be the result of an edit to the end of game script in the OCP pack, not from the EXG mod.

This is based on a clean game. The only mods were OCP 2.4 and the EXG mod.

Quote from: scottsum on October 15, 2023, 04:21PM
Just did a play through this on a clean game to get a look.  Very cool mod!  Big fan of the Astral Plane and Time Warp missions.

A couple of things jumped out at me as possible bugs/glitches, not sure if they can be fixed or if it's due to limitations of the game:

1) Doomstark- This is after already completing the whole onslaught of doom ironman bots and dark ironman- Every time I come back to the main Stark tower area, Fury repeats his script of "well if Doom didn't know we're here he does now.."  Not sure if there is a way to make that only happen once.

2) Hank Pym's lightning protection didn't work when fighting Doom.  I kept getting struck by the random green lightning, even though I brought Pym the dampener and manual in the tower, and the related objective showed as completed.

3) Upon defeating Doom, he lay there knocked out and I had to keep fighting the F4 clones for a good 10-15 seconds before the final cutscene kicked in.  Normally that scene kicks in the very moment you take out Doom.

This is based on a clean game. The only mods were OCP 2.4 and the EXG mod.

One or two of these may be due to limitations in the game due to the added stages, etc. I'll speak to you on Discord in regards to it.

I would like to know how you managed to change the pictures of the Objectives through image2igb. Because I would like to do the same for one of them without messing up all of them.

Quote from: spidermatt on October 24, 2023, 12:29PM
I would like to know how you managed to change the pictures of the Objectives through image2igb. Because I would like to do the same for one of them without messing up all of them.

The files are located at your game's "textures/ui" folder. The igb files with the pictures are "quest_icons_act1.igb." That's for Act 1. The last number depends on the act, so you will also see 2, 3, 4, & 5 -- connected to each act. I don't know which one you're trying to change, but be careful when changing any of them, as any new pictures you replace may come out distorted.

October 26, 2023, 03:48AM #40 Last Edit: October 26, 2023, 01:02PM by spidermatt
Alright well, the images I want to change in quest_icons for now are New York and Astral Plane. Is there any way on how to do so without accidentally altering the images of the Sanctum Sanctorum, MurderWorld, Mephisto's Realm, Attilan, Shi'ar, and Skrull?

Quote from: spidermatt on October 26, 2023, 03:48AM
Alright well, the images I want to change in quest_icons for now are New York and Astral Plane. Is there any way on how to do so without accidentally altering the images of the Sanctum Sanctorum, MurderWorld, Mephisto's Realm, Attilan, Shi'ar, and Skrull?

As long as you only replace the textures for the icons that you want to change, it shouldn't be a problem

Makes sense. However, I can't seem find the textures and/or tools for editing quest_icons in this website. Is it okay if I can have the images of the quest_icons so I can edit them in Photoshop and turn them into quest_icons files please?

October 29, 2023, 06:22PM #43 Last Edit: October 29, 2023, 09:27PM by DeerTrap
I'm having a repeatable issue with the Logistics Facility stage, the "trap" where the door closes behind you and you have to destroy the panels, multiple times now the door has closed with half or more of my team behind the door outside of the room so even if I make it in my team forces me to teleport outside the room.

It's not the end of the world but it's happened a few times now going through runs to test things out, I would recommend disabling that sequence or at least putting a timer on it so the door eventually opens again and can't softlock the player from that stage.

Otherwise great mod!  :thumbsup2:
:warbird: "There's a lot of holding back in my life. Not using what I have, or at least not all of it. Keeping myself in check. Most days require a measured response. Restraint, not release." :warbird:

Quote from: spidermatt on October 27, 2023, 09:58AM
Makes sense. However, I can't seem find the textures and/or tools for editing quest_icons in this website. Is it okay if I can have the images of the quest_icons so I can edit them in Photoshop and turn them into quest_icons files please?

Sorry, it's inconvenient for me to somehow send those to you, as you aren't even on our Discord. It's much easier for you to just follow the Alchemy Replacement Method.
https://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11009.0.html

Quote from: DeerTrap on October 29, 2023, 06:22PM
I'm having a repeatable issue with the Logistics Facility stage, the "trap" where the door closes behind you and you have to destroy the panels, multiple times now the door has closed with half or more of my team behind the door outside of the room so even if I make it in my team forces me to teleport outside the room.

It's not the end of the world but it's happened a few times now going through runs to test things out, I would recommend disabling that sequence or at least putting a timer on it so the door eventually opens again and can't softlock the player from that stage.

Otherwise great mod!  :thumbsup2:

Thanks for the report. I have not heard this issue before since it came out, so it's possible there is a workaround, but I'll look into this.