Enigma's Thor Mod

Started by Enigma, February 25, 2023, 03:37PM

Previous topic - Next topic
February 25, 2023, 03:37PM Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 07:22PM by Enigma
:thor:Enigma's Thor Mod v1.5 :thor:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15wRiIkIlkJWkgX0_Pk_kyNbff2yYFDwY/view?usp=sharing

This is my Thor mod. For this mod, I've used elements and ideas from the MUA1 Prototype and MUA1 Retail.
He contains the following (I've also listed what's different from him versus his default MUA1 version where applicable):

Sounds:
*He uses his MUA1 voiced lines and grunts, voiced by Cam Clarke.
-He uses his unused MUA1 Bored lines.
-His Stats lines are reused for other things, since that type of line isn't used in XML2.
-His No Work lines are also used as No Power lines because No Work lines aren't used very much and they also fit very well as No Power lines.
-I've expanded his set of lines using more lines taken from his MUA1 NPC conversations.
-I've used 2 Taunts from the MUA1 Dark Thor boss that I felt fit in very well.
-He uses his MUA1 Dark Thor grunts, which are by the same actor.
-He has an callout for his new 2nd Xtreme, By The Power of Odin. I edited 2 clips together to make it and added reverb onto it.
*I've made various changes to the power sound coding where necessary so that they would work properly in XML2.
*He uses his MUA1 Retail flying takeoff and landing sounds.
*Mjolnir's Might uses its MUA1 Prototype charge and power sounds.
*Mjolnir Slam uses its MUA Prototype power sound and its MUA1 Retail impact sounds.
-It doesn't use a 3rd sound like in both MUA1 Prototype and Retail because I felt it wasn't needed and 3 sounds was too many for this power.
*Thor's Rage uses its MUA1 Prototype impact sound.
-Since my Thor's Rage power is completely different from the MUA1 Prototype and Retail versions, I only needed one sound and this one fit the best.
*North Winds uses its MUA1 Retail charge sound, and its MUA1 Prototype power and release sounds.
-The release sound now also plays when the tornado disappears.
*Hammer Throw uses its MUA1 Prototype charge, power, and impact sounds.
-Unlike in MUA1 Retail, where this power only has a unique power sound and reuses the charge and impact sounds from other powers.
*God Speed uses its MUA Prototype power sound.
*Asgard's Blessing uses its MUA1 Prototype power sound (In MUA1 Retail, it reuses multiple sounds from other powers.)
-I've changed this to only use 1 power sound like it does in the MUA1 Prototype, and not multiple ones like it does in MUA1 Retail.
*Wrath of the Gods uses its MUA1 Prototype charge sound and Mjolnir Slam's MUA1 Prototype impact sound. (In MUA1 Retail, it reuses sounds from other powers.)
*By the Power of Odin uses its MUA1 Prototype charge and power sounds.

Powers:
*He uses the wrestling fightstyle, as I felt that fit him best out of the options available to me.
*He uses his MUA1 idle in the character select menu and the wrestling fightstyle idle in-game. This is because the animation that contains his MUA1 idle has him putting him hammer away and it looks weird and unnatural in-game but I needed a menu idle so that he wouldn't be invisible in the character select menu. This animation works well enough as a menu idle, and it was the best option.
*He can see cloaked enemies.
*His hammer appears in his hand and on his back when appropriate.
-I used some herostat coding from nodoubt_jr's mod to get this working for in the character select menu and when's he's idle in-game.
*I've hex edited his skeleton to remove Melee animations that don't work in XML2 and so that some would work.
*He uses all MUA1 Melee attacks that work in XML2 and for the ones that don't, I've modified the ones from the wrestling fightstyle so that they use his hammer.
-The only ones that don't are the jump attack and ground attack becauase it doesn't make sense for him to use his hammer with those animations.
*I've redone the AI coding and combo text and added them in where they were missing.
*I've rewritten all power descriptions.
*I rewrote some of the combo text and added it in where it was missing.
*I've rebalanced all powers.
*He now starts out with a 5% resistance to everything.
*For all powers and boosts that I'm using from MUA1, I've used the MUA1 Prototype versions of them as starting points, because they all have minor coding differences that made it easier for me to get them working in XML2.
-I've also removed weld from all powers that had it because weld is only used in XML1.
-I've recoded all powers to get them to work properly in XML2.
*He has his MUA1 Block.
-I've modified it so that the hammer will disappear when you stop blocking and not before then.
*He has his MUA1 power Mjolnir's Might.
-I've completely recoded it so that it's no longer a "hold the button to charge" power and to streamline its coding.
-I've replaced the instant kill chance with a Deadly Strike chance.
*He has his MUA1 power Mjolnir Slam.
-It's now listed as a Radial because it is one.
-The power said the radius leveled up but it actually didn't. Now it does.
-It now has energize and damages enemies on the ground.
-The amount of knockback it does now levels up.
*He has his MUA1 power Hammer Toss.
-This works differently than in MUA1 due to do limitations with how XML2 works. He throws it, it hits an enemy, then it's back on his back. This is as close as I could get it, as XML2 doesn't support it working like a boomerang that comes back to him like it does in MUA1.
*He has a new power called Thor's Rage which is completely different from the MUA1 power of the same name.
-The way this power works in MUA1 simply won't work in XML2. So I've completely replaced it with a simple tap the button Blast power.
-It also doesn't have dmgmod_force_fx like the MUA1 Prototype version does because that doesn't seem to do anything.
-It can damage enemies on the ground.
*He has his MUA1 power North Winds.
-The end of the power uses its unused finishing animation.
-In MUA1, holding the button increases the size of the tornado and increases its damage but that doesn't work in XML2, so instead, I've made it so that holding the button causes enemies who touch Thor to be damaged by the tornado and it also gives a chance to reflect beams and projectiles. Releasing the button creates a tornado that attacks enemies.
-The tornado can now damage enemies on the ground.
*He has his MUA1 boost God Speed.
-In MUA1, it uses his menu action animation, which isn't in his power animations skeleton, so I've had to use a different animation.
-This power also now gives a chance to dodge all powered and non-powered Melee attacks.
*He has his MUA1 boost Asgard's Blessing.
*He has his MUA1 Xtreme Wrath of the Gods.
-I've removed the part of this power that restores the whole party's EP (which this power also doesn't have in the MUA1 Prototype) as it didn't work in XML2, and I felt it didn't really fit in as part of this power anyway.
-I've added energize to it.
-I've slowed down the speed of the power, because I felt it was too fast.
*He has his unused MUA1 Prototype Xtreme Power of Odin.
-I've renamed it "By The Power of Odin" to match the new Xtreme callout I made for it.
*I've added a Hammer Mastery passive.
-This is similar to his MUA1 Prototype passive Hammer of the Gods but it also now increases the Critical chance with hammer attacks to be more similar to how XML2 Mastery passives work.
-I've renamed it to be more similar to the XML2 Mastery passive naming conventions.
-It's coded like the other XML2 Mastery passives instead of the strange way that the MUA1 Prototype codes it.
-This passive affects all powers that feature him having his hammer in his hand as well as all his Melee attacks.
*He has his MUA1 Prototype Gift of the Gods passive, which raises all resistances.
-I changed its level up information to work in the same way XML2 resistance passive work.
-I've removed its scaling because XML2 resistance passives don't scale.
*I've added the XML2 Regeneration passive.
*He can use his powers while flying.
*Wrath of the Gods requires Mjolnir Slam.
*North Winds requires God Speed.
*By the Power of Odin requires Asgard's Blessing.
*Gift of the Gods requires By the Power of Odin.
*I've changed the order the powers unlock in.

Visuals:
*For his icons, I've combined his MUA1 icons with his 2 MUA2 Wii exclusive icons and BaconWizard17's higher quality versions of the generic Block and Regeneration icons. Since the MUA1 and MUA2 Wii icons are smaller than the XML2 icons and don't fill the full icon circles, I've extended the icons by painting in what's missing. I've also touched up the MUA1 and MUA2 Wii icons to fix various issues.
-I didn't end up needing to use the MUA2 Wii icons, since Thor has a couple of icons that aren't used for anything (except maybe for his MUA1 passives, I'm not sure) but they're in the icons file regardless.
*I made a character select portrait based upon his MUA1 Ultimate loading screen.
*I've made packages for all 9 default skin slots that allow his icons can appear in higher quality in the character select menu and so that each skin can have a unique hud and 3D head, which they all now do.
-These are also the X-Men Legends II Ultimate Patch-style streamlined packages.
*He uses his MUA1 Prototype flying effects and coding.
-I've recolored the effect to be similar to the colors that the rest of his effects are.
-I've made it just appear on the hand holding the hammer rather than both hands like in the MUA1 Prototype.
*His icons appear in higher quality in the character select menu.
*He uses his MUA1 Prototype Cel Shaded Ultimate skin.
*He uses a Cel Shaded version of his Classic skin by tubular-spaceman.
*His 5 MUA1 skins use their MUA1 conversation huds.
*BaconWizard17's Golden Armor skin uses the unused MUA1 Golden Armor conversation hud. (The Golden Armor skin was cut from MUA1 and replaced with the Asgardian Armor skin but it's hud was left in the game.)
-Since the Asgardian Armor skin uses the Golden Armor hud in MUA1 by default, I've used the Official Character Pack's Asgardian Armor hud for this skin.
*I made a hud for BaconWizard17's Modern skin.
*He uses his MUA1 Prototype Ultimate 3D head.
-I've made 3D heads for all his other skins.
*Mjolnir Might uses its MUA1 Prototype power effect as well as my version of his flying effect for the charge and Thor's Rage's MUA1 Prototype impact effect.
*Mjolnir Slam uses its MUA1 Prototype power and impact effects.
-I've removed the camera shake from the impact effect.
*Hammer Toss uses its MUA1 Prototype power effect and its MUA1 Retail impact effect.
*Because I've changed Thor's Rage so much, I couldn't use either the Prototype or Retail effects for it. Instead, this power uses my version of his flying effect for the charge and uses new power and loop effects I've created in the same style as the Thor's Rage MUA1 official effects.
*North Winds uses its MUA1 Retail charge and power effects, which I've modified to remove the clouds of smoke, which I felt didn't really fit in. (This is how the Prototype effects for this power look, but something was wrong with how they worked, so instead of using them, I removed the smoke cloud to make the Retail versions look like them.)
*God Speed uses its MUA1 Retail power and aura effects.
*Asgard's Blessing uses its MUA1 Retail power and aura effects.
*Wrath of the Gods uses its 2 of its 3 MUA1 Retail effects. (The other one didn't seem to do anything.)
-I've altered the timing on one of the charge effect so that it won't last too long anymore.
*Power of Odin uses God Speed's charge effect for the Melee trail effect like it does in the MUA1 Prototype, although I'm having it use the Retail version of that effect.
-Since it has no other effects, I've had it use Thor's MUA1 Prototype flying effect for the charge and aura effects, and a version of the power effect I created for Thor's Rage that I modified to fit the timing of Power of Odin.
*He uses the following loading screens by default:
-MUA1 Thor Ultimate: Originally, this image has a bust of him on the left and a full body image of him on the right. Because of the dimensions of XML2's loading screens, I couldn't have both images on-screen, so I've cropped out and painted out the full body image.
-MUA1 Thor Classic: I've cropped this to only use the full body portrait of Thor on the left. An alternate cropped version using the version of Thor on the left side is available as a bonus loading screen.
-MUA1 Beta Ray Bill

Bonuses:
*Alternate Hammer Throw Model:
-These are alternate hammer models for the Hammer Throw power.
-There are models for the hammers used for the Classic, Beta Ray Bill, and Asgardian Armor skins.
*Non-Cel Shaded Default Skins:
-This is the non-Cel Shaded version of his Ultimate skin from MUA1 PS2 Retail.
*Bonus Loading Screens:
-MUA1 Asgard Character Select: This is the character select loading screen MUA1 uses for the Asgard act of the game.
-MUA1 Bifrost Bad Epilogue: This is an image used in the Bifrost bad epilogue. I've AI Upscaled it.
-MUA1 Bifrost Good Epilogue: This is an image used in the Bifrost good epilogue. I've AI Upscaled it.
-MUA1 Thor Classic Alternate Cropping: This is a version of his MUA1 Classic loading screen but is cropped to use the version of Thor on the left side of the image.
-MUA1 Thor Versus Grey Gargoyle
-Unused MUA1 Beta Ray Bill Alternate 1: This is an unused and completely different Beta Ray Bill loading screen image that I scanned from the MUA1 strategy guide, cleaned up, color corrected, and edited to fix its issues.
-Unused MUA1 Beta Ray Bill Alternate 2: This is an unused variant of MUA1's Beta Ray Bill loading screen with a different head and helmet for him, as well as little big on the right edge of his cape. I found it in artist Glen Angus's portfolio. I AI Upscaled the image, cut out the parts that were different, and edited them onto the higher quality used MUA1 version of the image.
-Unused MUA1 Thor Ultimate Alternate: This is an unused alternate version of Thor Ultimate loading screen.
-Unused MUA1 Volla's Ring Bad Epilogue Alternate: This is an an unused alternate version of the image used in the Bifrost bad epilogue I found. It's from the artist Mitch Cotie's portfolio. I've AI Upscaled it and denoised it.
*Bonus Conversation Huds:
-Beta Ray Bill 1: Based on the MUA1 Beta Ray Bill loading screen.
-Beta Ray Bill 2: Based on the Unused MUA1 Beta Ray Bill Alternate 1 loading screen.
-Beta Ray Bill 3: Based on the Unused MUA1 Beta Ray Bill Alternate 2 loading screen.
-Classic 1: Based on the MUA1 Thor Classic loading screen.
-Classic 2: Based on the MUA1 Thor Classic Alternate Cropping loading screen.
-MUA1 Cover: Based upon Thor's MUA1 cover art. I took different parts from different versions of the cover and combined them together.
-MUA1 Promo Card: Based on Thor's MUA1 promo playing card art. I scanned the card myself and cleaned it up.
-MUA1 Prototype: Based on a higher quality version of the comic cover used for Thor's MUA1 Prototype character select portrait.
-Ultimate 1: Based on the MUA1 Thor Ultimate loading screen.
-Ultimate 2: Based on the Unused MUA1 Thor Ultimate Alternate loading screen.
-Volla's Ring 1: Based upon the MUA1 Volla's Ring Bad Epilogue loading screen.
-Volla's Ring 2: Based upon the Unused MUA1 Volla's Ring Bad Epilogue Alternate loading screen.
*Bonus Character Select Portraits:
-Beta Ray Bill 1: Based on the MUA1 Beta Ray Bill loading screen.
-Beta Ray Bill 2: Based on the Unused MUA1 Beta Ray Bill Alternate 1 loading screen.
-Beta Ray Bill 3: Based on the Unused MUA1 Beta Ray Bill Alternate 2 loading screen.
-Classic 1: Based on the MUA1 Thor Classic loading screen.
-Classic 2: Based on the MUA1 Thor Classic Alternate Cropping loading screen.
-MUA1 Cover: Based upon Thor's MUA1 cover art. I took different parts from different versions of the cover and combined them together.
-MUA1 Promo Card: Based on Thor's MUA1 promo playing card art. I scanned the card myself and cleaned it up.
-MUA1 Prototype: Based on a higher quality version of the comic cover used for Thor's MUA1 Prototype character select portrait.
-Ultimate 1: Based on the MUA1 Thor Ultimate loading screen.
-Ultimate 2: Based on the Unused MUA1 Thor Ultimate Alternate loading screen.
-Ultimate 3: Based on the MUA1 Thor Ultimate loading screen.
-Volla's Ring 1: Based upon the MUA1 Volla's Ring Bad Epilogue loading screen.
-Volla's Ring 2: Based upon the Unused MUA1 Volla's Ring Bad Epilogue Alternate loading screen.
*Concept Art:
-This is an AI Upscaled version of Thor's MUA1 concept art from the in-game gallery. I've removed the SHIELD frame so that it will fit in with the character concept art in XML2's in-game gallery. I've put it on an AI Upscaled blank version of the background that the concept art in the XML2 gallery uses and added the same blue border around it that they use too.
*Alternate Pronouns:
-Because I'd like to make a female Thor voicepack at some point, I've added 2 bonus versions of the talent file: 1 that uses female pronouns and 1 that uses gender neutral pronouns.

Skins List:
-Skin: Ultimate (MUA1 Prototype) (17901)
-Skin_Astonishing: Modern (BaconWizard old PS2 skin) (17902)
-Skin_AOA: None Right Now (17903)
-Skin_60s: Classic (MUA1 PS2) (17904)
-Skin_70s: Asgardian Armor (MUA1 PS2) (17905)
-Skin_WeaponX: Golden Armor (BaconWizard old PS2 skin) (17906)
-Skin_Future: Beta Ray Bill (17907)
-Skin_Winter: Dark (MUA1 PS2) (17908)
-Skin_Civilian: None Right Now (17909)

Changelog
Spoiler

*v1.5:
-Fixed a typo that was causing a bug with Hammer Toss.
-Minor correction to Thor's Rage's levelup info.
-Removed unneeded lines of coding from powerstyle.
*v1.4:
-Added a Cel Shaded version of his Classic skin by tubular-spaceman.
*v1.3:
-Mjolnir Slam now actually does Electricity damage. It said it did in MUA1 Prototype and Retail but it actually doesn't.
*v1.2:
-Fixed a couple of typos.
-Because I'd like to someday do a female Thor voicepack, I've added 2 bonus versions of the talent file: 1 that uses female pronouns and 1 that uses gender neutral pronouns.
*v1.1:
-Fixed a typo with Mjolnir's Might's description.

Credits:
*Official Characters Project: Asgardian Armor conversation hud
*BaconWizard17: Modern and Golden Armor skins, higher quality versions of Block and Regeneration icons, feedback
*tubular-spaceman: Cel Shaded version of Classic skin.