Alternate Skin Downloads

Started by BliZZ, November 27, 2007, 01:16PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Or you could just take a looky in topics that mention SKINS... I believe there are a few but I pretend that I don't know where. Try search function in the Mod Releases and Conversions board.

PS: Not being rude, just an advice :D

March 15, 2009, 07:41PM #181 Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 07:44PM by nodoubt_jr
excuse me for being pathetic but...where can i get all these to download? my mouth is watering for these

thanks

March 15, 2009, 07:44PM #182 Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 11:38PM by nodoubt_jr
dont quote the whole thing, let me edit that for you

edit: just click on them to download
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

April 12, 2009, 04:35PM #183 Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 04:39PM by sonicphist
okay so just to be absolutely clear these new ign skin files go into  the "actors" folder and the  in the "packages" folder

then I can for example go to open my hero stat file
and following the last skin name type new line(s) and the corresponde ing two digits of the skin number in  for instance STORM ....   skin = 0401 ;
   skin_01_name = Astonishing ;
   skin_02 = 02 ;
   skin_02_name = Retro ;
   skin_03 = 03 ;
   skin_03_name = Ultimate ;
   skin_04 = 04 ;
   skin_04_name = Classic ;

NOW adding  
               skin_05 =  21
               skin _05 name = original

for the skin 0421  from   Alternate Skin Downloads?

does this create a new costume icon in the character's "outfit" menu in the character roster?
or will it just show up  if i scroll down somewhere?

I used the cheat to unlock all the locked costumes so that is  not the trouble but mabye there is a bug with adding new skins and using cheats?

i tried this with jean grey 's white costume and with spiderman 2099 but nothing appeared even though i added those lines in the herostat file and added the files to their respective folders.

any idea what could be wrong?

thanks anyone!

Don't forget to add the semi-colans (these things ; ; ; ) at the end of the lines

Quote from: sonicphist on April 12, 2009, 04:35PM
               skin_05 =  21
               skin _05 name = original
Should actually be:
skin_05 = 21 ;
skin_05_name = Original ;

Thanks Rajucajun,

works fine now.
I say Mystique skin on this site somewher but i dont see her downloadable mod anywhere.
what up with that, is it just one of those things that no one ever released?

There's one being made slowly by someone for MUA. There's one already released for XML2.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

Quote from: sonicphist on April 13, 2009, 05:03PM
I say Mystique skin on this site somewher but i dont see her downloadable mod anywhere.
what up with that, is it just one of those things that no one ever released?

It's taking me a looooong, and right at the moment I have 2 news:
-I won't be having much time to work on her for the next couple of months, mainly because I've started a new job in a new city (new continent, even).
-I'll still be releasing a working version, hopefully by tomorrow or the day after, but it's definitely not a complete version. All powers are working almost correctly, but it's still missing most of the aesthethical stuff (Icons, sounds, etc).

I'm currently writing the readme, making sure all the files are in the right folders and taking most of the unnecesary files out. Just so you know, currently it includes over 20 skin files (considering that for skin changes to work correctly, you sometimes need to have a second copy of the same skin) and one modified script per map (that means 4 for the Helicarrier, 5 for Atlantis, etc.). Probably there will be more than 100 files in the .rar.

Also, I have this other problem that I really need a lot of time to write stuff, in general. If I'm excited about it, I tend to write much more than what people would really care to read (for example, this post :D), and I have to check thouroughly if I'm writing things correctly. I'm not an impulse writer, which means that a post like this can take me more than 15 minutes, and even then I need another couple to ponder if I'm posting something relevant or not.

Well Gevth best wishes with this process of trans continental acclimatization.

and with regards to your work for MUA its good to have any update on this very time cosuming process of creation.

i look forward to it   

Am i the only one who gets this:

Or it is from the skin?
Now learning:
Mesh - (15%) stopped
Making a LoadScreen - (100%) done!

Get what ? The missing hud that means you havnt added it correctly.

hud_head_0302.igb is the name of the hud
Quoteskin = 0301 ;
   skin_01_name = Modern ;
   skin_02 = 02 ;
   skin_02_name = X-Force ;
   skin_03 = 03 ;
   skin_03_name = Astonishing ;
   skin_04 = 04 ;
   skin_04_name = Ultimate ;

I've replaced it with the classic.

Everything from 0310 is renamed to 0302 like wolverine_0302.pkgb.
Now learning:
Mesh - (15%) stopped
Making a LoadScreen - (100%) done!

i downloaded wolverine x-force, ironman stealth, hulk WWH and spidermans 2009, unlimited and bag-man skins from this link and only the WWH worked. does this have something to do with my hulk which is the only one among these characters that i downloaded while the other 3 are original characters from my PC game?

No it means you havnt added them correctly.
Re-read the first post carefully and see if you made any errors.

that's what i did!
i downloaded them by clicking on the images of the skins i want..unzipped it using WinRAR..copy pasted it to the destination where i installed the game..decomplied "herostat.engb" using XMLCBUI..clicked on edit to open the notepad for herostat..added, say:

skin_05 = 05 ;
   skin_05_name = X-Force ;

for wolverine..complied it again
when i tried it, it just gave me another Ultimate wolverine skin (but kinda different in some way like i think it's a bit bigger in size). for spiderman it gave me a dark_spiderman (i think) and for ironman..well it crashed my game