IRON FIST mod v1.4 (fixed the no-power bug)

Started by iammingy, December 13, 2007, 01:44AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just like i thought! Either the model or the skin would look awesome!

The colors are less heavy so he looks much better IMHO! Glad to see Iron Fist with a new lighter look! Great Work Iammingy!!!

Cheers

In pinyin:

Na tiao long kan qi lai hao kan.

This is sweet Iammingy!!! Incredible/ Unbelievable job buddy! I like the lighter texture on Ironfist.

Thanks.
The reason I make it so dark in the previous version is because Iron Fist's costume was really dark in his early appearaances in the mid 70's. Since you guys like them, I will use them as the default skins in v1.2.

February 25, 2008, 06:47AM #125 Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 07:48AM by Teancum
Quote from: iammingy on February 19, 2008, 04:53PM
Sure.

What are you gonna do with the two skins (Classic and Modern)?

EDIT: Great! I hope it works!!!

If I can't find a model that has the right cowling around his neck I'll probably reskin Astral Professor X.  Then I'll use Ultimate, Tournament, a green reskin (this'll be my mannequin) and a red reskin as the four skins.

Oh, and what replaced the Daredevil animation set?  (I want to make sure it's not a PSP/DLC animation set)

February 26, 2008, 06:42PM #126 Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 06:45PM by iammingy
Teancum, I used Shaolin Monk's animation set instead of Daredevil's. So, the mods uses animations from:

Nick Fury
Shaolin Monk
Elektra

All came from MUA-PC. Do animation sets from PC version work on the XBOX? How about skins from the PC version?

I will be away for a few days... 3 midterms in a row... :(
After that I will try to put together an update.

No, but so long as they appear in MUA I can use the Xbox counterparts.

WOW! MINGY YOU ARE A GENIUS!!! HOW ON EARTH DID YOU DO ALL OF THAT!!! IF I HAD MONEY I WOULD PAY YOU JUST FOR THAT MOD!!!!

February 28, 2008, 10:58PM #129 Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 07:36AM by Vooc
P.S. i wanted you to check out this icon of iron fist. also would it be possible to make the ties of his mask and belt longer?  http://eckmi.deviantart.com/art/Iron-Fist-48499554

That would require a new model.  So it's possible, but the model is Tommy's so that would be his decision.

February 29, 2008, 02:36PM #132 Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 02:41PM by iammingy
Quote from: Teancum on February 26, 2008, 07:24PM
No, but so long as they appear in MUA I can use the Xbox counterparts.

Ok, thanks for the info. That means I would have to "PS2" everything (including skeletons) whenever I can. :)

Quote from: Vooc on February 28, 2008, 10:57PM
WOW! MINGY YOU ARE A GENIUS!!! HOW ON EARTH DID YOU DO ALL OF THAT!!! IF I HAD MONEY I WOULD PAY YOU JUST FOR THAT MOD!!!!

Nah, I am not greedy, just a comment of appreciation would be enough for me. :)
I added Shaolin Monk move you requested to the mod as the ending combo to Dashing Dragon Punch, just letting you know if you haven't noticed. Also, the combo is actually a 6-hit, instead of 4-hit, combo when I looked at the code and watching the animation over and over again. :ifist:

EDIT: As a by-product of the Shaolin Monk animation, Iron Fist will do cartwheels occasionally when he's AI-controlled. These are actually the step-left and -right animations. :D

I am really tired and feel a little bit dizzy after reading assembly codes over and over again... @_@ I will put together the update when I get home tonight (Pacific time).

February 29, 2008, 10:45PM #133 Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 11:31PM by iammingy
OK, updated the mod to v1.2:
http://www.box.net/shared/8lu3tl80sc

Please let me know if there is anything that you think may be missing.

Notes for V1.2:
A. Removed "Rising Dragon punch" and added 2 new powers:
   - "Indestructible Fist"
   - "Dragon Spirit"
B. Reskined Classic and Red costumes with the texture of the Iron Fist model from Spiderman:FoF.
C. The dashing part of "Dashing Dragon Punch" is connected with a 6-hit combo instead of an uppercut.
D. New menu and idle animations
E. New mannequin
F. Added an Xtreme yell, sounds for the new powers, etc.

I am using my Tournament skin for the mannequin because some parts of the Classic costume (especially the collar) are warped in that pose... :( So, I used a skin without the big collar instead. You can use the classic/red/modern skins as mannequin if you want, but they will just have a basic stance.

V1.1 is still available for download if you prefer it over V1.2.