IRON FIST mod v1.4 (fixed the no-power bug)

Started by iammingy, December 13, 2007, 01:44AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Venom, can you check whether you have:

fightstyle_ironfist.igb

in the actors folder?

The last modified date should be Feb 21, 2008 and the size should be 300+ KB

Did you start a new game?

I swapped the animations around. You must start a new game without saved game stats.

Hmm i thought i started a new game but just to be sure ill start another ...
EDIT: Yeh he works now thanks , i think i must've added him to the herostat again around the first checkpoint

Quote from: Venom on March 22, 2008, 08:56PM
Hmm i thought i started a new game but just to be sure ill start another ...
EDIT: Yeh he works now thanks , i think i must've added him to the herostat again around the first checkpoint

Good. Enjoy the mod! :)

Hello everyone, first of all, congratulations and thanx for that awesome mod, although im not a great fan of iron fist, this mod is really amazing. It works very well in my pc, but sometimes, not very often, it doesnt have any effects or powers at all, they seem to disappear, if i try to activate some power, nothing happens, but the character still can fight normally, im dont know what is causing that. I have installed a lot of mods and changed somethings, but without errors. The same thing happens with quicksilver. I'd appreciate if anyone can tell me what is causing that, 'cause im quite lost at this time. Im not sure if this is the correct place to put this post, so my apologize if im posting it in the wrong place. Thanx a lot and greetings.

Did you start a new game since the last time you installed/updated it? I have tried using Iron Fist from the Hellcarrier all the way to Stark Towers and it works fine so far? When you don't see the effects, does he still deal any damage on the enemy?

Yes, i started a new game when i installed the iron fist mod. When the effects disappear and i try to activate any of them, he doesnt do damage, but fortunately it doenst happens very often. Im not sure in wich point it happens, maybe a conflict with other mods (i've installed a lot of mods, without problems or errors, but who knows). Everytime i see this error, i reload the saved game, and all works ok. Anyway, thanx for your help, i'll keep searching for a posible cause, i'll let you know, greetings.

Thanks for the info. I think I know what the problem is.

Put all these files in:
..\Activision\Marvel - Ultimate Alliance\packages\generated\characters

http://www.box.net/shared/j0dpjrcgsg

This should fix the problem.

What a fantastic job you did on this mod.  Iron Fist looks great, his animations are really sweet, and he's a blast to play.  Great mix of powers.  The Tournament costume and the manniquin look especially cool.  And very funny that you can even play him in a Daredevil costume!  Ha!  Thanks so much for all your work on this!

It's amusing to see DD battling alongside himself using this mod. And their powers are uniquely different!

No, that wasn't meant to be the Matt Murdock Daredevil. Iron Fist wore the Daredevil costume in Civil War. I didn't have time to do a 6th skin. So, I just used the classic Daredevil costume.

From Wikipedia:

QuoteCivil War and Daredevil

Rand disguises himself as Daredevil to convince the media and the public that Matt Murdock is not the masked vigilante (Daredevil #87). Rand believes that he had been hired to pose as Daredevil by Foggy Nelson. In reality Nelson had faked being murdered and was in witness protection.

During the Civil War, he was opposed to the Super-human Registration Act, joining Captain America while still pretending to be Daredevil. Rand was apprehended by Pro-Registration forces, calling Tony Stark 'Judas' and giving him a silver dollar. He was later freed from the Negative Zone Prison, joining Captain America's team for the final battle with Iron Man's forces.