Shard/Longshot/Polaris/X23/Shadowcat/Angel/Banshee/Domino Mods Released

Started by Norrin Radd, January 21, 2008, 05:32PM

Previous topic - Next topic
FYI, Thing and Colossus can throw Wolverine.

If Kitty has been thrown once and can be added in, does that mean Cable can fly once as well and have a flight ability added in on him?

Quote from: Midnight Curse on July 14, 2008, 12:35AM
FYI, Thing and Colossus can throw Wolverine.

No kidding, where do you think i took the line 'canbeallythrown=true' from.

Quote from: Midnight Curse on July 14, 2008, 12:35AM
If Kitty has been thrown once and can be added in, does that mean Cable can fly once as well and have a flight ability added in on him?
What do you mean thrown once? Anybody can be made to fly.

July 14, 2008, 10:59AM #137 Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 11:31AM by Norrin Radd
New Longshot skin and mannequin and loadscreen, see first post for mod link

New skinOld skin
New mannequinOld mannequin

Added loadscreen:

Quote from: Norrin Radd on July 13, 2008, 06:23PM
Thanks. For the throwable part, just add the line:in the herostat entry. Make sure to put it in alphabetical order. I haven't tried it, but i assume that should work.
thats work, but angel dont make damage, i should mod something more?

You'll probably have to go into Wolverine's fightstyle and copy and paste the appropriate part.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

Quote from: Norrin Radd on July 14, 2008, 12:42AM
What do you mean thrown once? Anybody can be made to fly.

I think he's talking about Kitty Pryde being thrown only once in comics and thus shouldn't be made throwable in the game... lol.

MC, adding the throwable ability or not is just zvitor's choice... Either way, I think it's great to learn something new. :)

Quote from: Norrin Radd on July 14, 2008, 10:59AM
New Longshot skin and mannequin and loadscreen, see first post for mod link

Great improvement!!! :applause:

Quote from: Dihan on July 14, 2008, 02:34PM
You'll probably have to go into Wolverine's fightstyle and copy and paste the appropriate part.

No, it's his powerstyle. The codes in fightsyle_wolverine and fightstyle_default are same.

I think these are all you need to add in Shadow Cat's powerstyle:

FightMove {
   animenum = ea_lunge ;
   handler = ch_fastball ;
   lockangles = true ;
   name = fastball ;
   playspeed = 2 ;
   sequenced = true ;
      trigger {
      arc = 180 ;
      damage = 3 4 ;
      knockback = 190 ;
      name = punch ;
      tag = 1 ;
      time = -1 ;
         damageMod {
         name = dmgmod_auto_knockback ;
         }

}

chain {
      action = special2 ;
      result = fastballhit ;
      }

chain {
      action = touch ;
      result = fastballhit ;
      }

chain {
      action = idle ;
      result = fastballland ;
      }

}

FightMove {
   animenum = ea_lunge_land ;
   lockangles = true ;
   lockchaining = true ;
   name = fastballhit ;
   startchaintime = 0.8 ;
      chain {
      action = idle ;
      result = idle ;
      }

}

FightMove {
   animenum = ea_lunge_land ;
   lockangles = true ;
   name = fastballland ;
   startchaintime = 0.7 ;
   takeimpactdamage = false ;
      chain {
      action = idle ;
      result = idle ;
      }

chain {
      action = walk ;
      result = walk ;
      }

chain {
      action = run ;
      result = run ;
      }

}

I knew it would have been one or the other. I just took a chance and got the wrong one.

Oh well, I'm still learning.

Don't worry about it. I'd prefer to be corrected instead of having faulty knowledge.

Just tried your Angel, Norrin Radd. It works fine so far, no more losing power in the middle of the game for me yet! Good job! :)

Quote from: iammingy on July 27, 2008, 11:13PM
Just tried your Angel, Norrin Radd. It works fine so far, no more losing power in the middle of the game for me yet! Good job! :)

Great to hear, and thanks for letting me use your original skin

July 31, 2008, 05:14AM #147 Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 05:19AM by colossusjames
High there. I downloaded angel and saved him on my desktop. Then since my free trial for Microsoft Word 2007 expired, I tried opening it on wordpad. When I did it showed up with type like this:
"Rar! ÀÂ,Ü¢ŠjDDTtŽQÖ\'ìtã¤P@SJiAÜ#øV?€ã¸t—w,wf.8èÌtã§xã´t ßjª^b–.å] ¯žèëÞ½ûä<,,¹ÉÊåwͧ'óƏò5'uWòIÜ©òùß*UIýW%Š&tgAÿÃàGÿÐX" , etc.

I assume it shouldn't be this way, and I as curious why it is. If you could let me know if I need a different program to read it's text, or if it wasn't ment to be read and can only be used as a playable character, etc. than I would be very greatful.

EDIT: Might I also suggest if it isn't too much that you put the Morlock Goth's voice from XML One for X-23s voice instead of storms. Strms sounds a little mature fo her, and not as "vicious"/feral. The morlock goth has a higher, more youthful, and vicious voice that would fit her better.

Of course, this is just a suggestion, and I don't know if you have the tme, or if maybe you jut really like how it already is. I just thought it would fit better myself. I haven't got to play your characters because I don't own the game on computer yet, but I find it very imrpessive how you've spent such time coding and editing to make these characters for what you did.

It's impressive in all honesty, and I'd like to say thanks in advance :)
-------

Dude!

You need WinRAR to open the archive.  I don't know what else you're wanting to open, but everything is binary data that can't be opened with a text editor unless decompiled.

Oh, and off-topic, but if you're looking for an Office Suite that doesn't have a trial and is free, might I suggest Open Office.

Updated X-23 sounds using clips of anola provided by Teancum. She doesn't have as many sounds as she did before (since before it was pretty much a full set), but they better suit the character. Same link on first post