characters dont appear

Started by serenityq2, February 06, 2008, 10:44PM

Previous topic - Next topic
i just got mua on pc monday and when i start the game the characters (heroes and villians) appear as black shadowy minature paper dolls. has anyone else encountered this problem? all i did was install the game and press play and this is what i get. i tried getting technical support from activision but i got nada. help please

February 07, 2008, 04:13AM #1 Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 06:38AM by Midnight Curse
Don't put this type of thread in Game Talk. Put it in the Technical Problems board.

This is because there are no mannequins for these characters. Which mods did you install? Remember you need to install the next-gen. mod or the Official Characters mod first. In case you ask, mannequins are the things that are below your cursor before you select the superhero on the team selection screen.

EDIT: Or what Sanga said.

How old's your computer? It could be a graphics card issues as I had a similar problem when trying to install on a laptop. Double check that you have the latest drivers installed just in case - worst case scenario could be your computer isn't powerful enough

i didnt add any mods its the game itself. i dont know anything about computers really. how do i check for lastest driviers? which ones do i need? i too have a laptop from 2005. it is an hp compaq presario.

The first thing we need to know is your computer specs:

1-Click Start, then Run
2-Type dxdiag and hit Enter
3-At the bottom of a new window will be a button called "Save All Information...".  Hit it.
4-Save the file to your desktop
5-Open the file (it's a simple text file)
6-Attach the file here

here it is. thanks for all the help

thanks a lot. i hope this helps

which one am i suppose to download?