New downloadable content

Started by aerophex, January 25, 2007, 08:09AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Of course it is logistically smart. But no TAS Cyc (even if it is useless to us) is a huge disappointment

We have the following:
All Nightcrawler costumes (except that 3 of em have no swords bolted on their backs)
All Cyclops costumes
Magneto's Ultimate & Xorn (which we should be able to reskin to Classic, and, from that description, Helmetless can be reskinned to 80s)
Modern, AoA, and Ultimate Sabretooth (Original is gonna be a problem. I assume it is FA (First Appearance), yes?)
Ultimate & Classic Hawkeye (Plus West Coast/Thunderbolts in place of Modern/SG)
Classic Doom (And, honestly, Doom is last on my personal list)
Classic Venom, courtesy of darkm (I'd need to see the shapes of the other 3 to see if they are possible as reskins)
AND... Classic Hulk, courtesy of tommy (although, if tommy is reading this, my #1 request atm (if he gets back to meshing) would be to re-do him more in Activision's style (the arms were shaped oddly, plus he was scaled large, which'd throw off Hulk's 'increase size' boost))

Yeah I would help by trying to get the content on a thumb drive but my x-box blew up -_-

Blew up as in BLEW UP? Or died?

PS: Looks like Hawkeye is a heavily tweaked version. Seems to have a move named "Adamantium Arrow". Hopefully when (if) durfal returns, he'll hook us up with a complete rundown (powers and the like)

April 26, 2007, 05:40PM #228 Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 06:01PM by BliZZ
Quote from: GameFAQs
Hulk:

Cyclone Punch: Melee: Devastating punch that will stun enemies for a time. (Chargable)
Blizz's note: hits twice, like Colossus

Hulk Stomp: Radial: Stomps the ground doing radial damage and sends a shockwave forward

Hulk Smash: Radial: Jumps into air and comes down hard doing radial damage.

Hulk Knock Down: Special: Charges forward, tackling an enemy and beating him mercilessly

Hulk Roar: Debuff: Ferocious scream that frightens opponents for a time.

Hulk Boost: Boost: Reduces damage taken by the entire team for a time.

Fury: Boost: In a rage of fury Hulk gros in size increasing his speed, power, and defense

Hulk Smash: Xtreme: Leaps into the air and comes back down doing massive radial damage.

Venom:

Venom Thrust: Projectile: Venom throws out his tendrils, stretching them to a great distance, damaging all enemies in the way.

Symbiote Flail: Radial: Venom's tendrils flail out in a radial attack damaging all surrounding enemies.

Venom Swing: Radial: Grab and enemy with Venom's tendrils and swing him around doing damage to all in the way. When enemy is released, enemy goes flying

Venom Heave: Special: Venom throws his tendrils at an enemy and can then heave him high into the air.

Symbiote Bite: Special: Venom lunges forward knocking down an enemy and biting him multiple times.

Claw: Boost: Venom's hands turn into the shape of claws. All Venom's attacks have increased damage.

Terror: Debuff: Venom terrorizes nearby enemies and increases his defense against physical damage.

Symbiote Sludge: Xtreme: Venom sends off pieces of his symbiote self and adheres his adversaries to the ground.

So, basically, Hulk IS Colossus. With an extra boost. I'm gonna go ahead and call LAME/heavily disappointed on this one.

Venom looks interesting, though.

April 26, 2007, 06:14PM #229 Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 06:28PM by Burning Rage
Venom does "feed" on people.  I still say one of his powers should have been some sort of absorbing power, grabbing an enemy, and stealing his life.  That would've been sexy as hell.  I know in Ultimate Spider-Man, Venom's life constantly drains and he needs to feed on people.  Some sort of system like that would've been cool.  Constantly eating enemies.  :laugh:  I guess this DLC is a huge disappointment...  Now the only reason I would want it is to try and find some way to break that character limit.  These new characters aren't all that new... and since the models can't be used, the DLC is worthless beyond the effects files.  :(
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Cyc's. Looks like he isn't a disappointment? They made Hulk a Colossus clone, but gave Cyclops new moves? Pass the bong my way, Raven. Must be some quality stuff.

Quote from: GameFAQs
Cyclops

Optic Beam: Beam power that you can focus or spread.  Focus for more damage, spread for wider effect.

Optic Stream: Pure concussive force.  He stands in place and pummels enemies back with a straight blast of power.

Roundhouse Kick: (Chargable) A roundhouse kick.  Charge for more damage, attack knocks enemies into the air.

Ricochet Blast: Large blast that bounces off of surfaces.  Rapid tap, it does a lot of damage if you can get it to bounce into an enemy after its initial strike.

Optic Explosion: (Radial, chargable) Cy leaps into the air and fires an optic blast strait down into the ground, causing a circular spread.  Fully charged, it knocks back enemies and does more damage.

Beam Power: Increases beam power damage for a duration.

Combat Xperience: Decreases damage for the team for a period of time.

Optic Incineration: Xtreme.  Cy spins in a circle firing his blasts.

Now that I think about it, Venom's life constantly draining can be achieved by making a new skill like Healing Factor, only reversing the healing to life drain.  Then I could probably whip up a powerstyle definition for a life drain attack (call it "Soul Feed" or something like that?  Hold the button down longer, increasing the damage and life gain over time?), and get something like that going.  What would you guys think about that?

Quote from: BliZZ on April 26, 2007, 06:25PM
Cyc's. Looks like he isn't a disappointment? They made Hulk a Colossus clone, but gave Cyclops new moves? Pass the bong my way, Raven. Must be some quality stuff.

:rofl:
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

April 26, 2007, 07:34PM #232 Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 09:14PM by Piotyr
It got the 3 red lights of doom.

O and if you get night cralwer out I will be able to start playing asap! I mean my perfect team is Deadpool, Night crawler, Gambit, and X-man but I can live without x-man seeing as he seems to be a pain and 3 outta five aint bad.

The Freaks - +5% Health Regen
Hulk, Cyclops, Night Crawler and Wolverine

Quote from: BliZZ on April 26, 2007, 01:50PM
Of course it is logistically smart. But no TAS Cyc (even if it is useless to us) is a huge disappointment

We have the following:

Magneto's Ultimate & Xorn (which we should be able to reskin to Classic, and, from that description, Helmetless can be reskinned to 80s)

:nod:

The main let down on my part is "WE GOT ALL THOSE" still the new skins can't hurt,oh yeah and Doom. 
And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!

April 28, 2007, 08:08PM #236 Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 08:13PM by Piotyr
Ok I got a replacement 360 and am now able to help with this if someone knows how to grab crap off the hardrive with a tumbdrive or non-takeapart hardrive means and can tell me. I will look it up myself right now.
Aim me at Piotyrholyblade to help out.

Well, fyi, success = immortality. Just something to keep in mind. :thumbsup:

PS: I've got no clue; I take it Noel does, but he has been busy/offline for a couple o' days...

Quote from: BliZZ on April 28, 2007, 08:41PM
Well, fyi, success = immortality. Just something to keep in mind. :thumbsup:

PS: I've got no clue; I take it Noel does, but he has been busy/offline for a couple o' days...

Basically there has to be a way I can do it without modding or taking apart anything. If there is a way I shall drop the points(I already spent) and get this thing.

Quote from: Teancum on April 26, 2007, 09:30AM
Yeah, me too.  The models themselves will be useless, but the fx and xmlb's, as well as the anims will should be able to be ported.  From there we'll just need a few new models.  Heck, we can even rip the textures from the models themselves.  It's just the actual model data that we'll be stuck on.

This is unfortunate to hear.

I know nothing about modifying game content, but I'm going to assume that the models cannot be used due to some form of encryption or unreadablefile format on the Xbox 360?

On another note, what if the MUA Gold edition is available for the PS2/Xbox, would/could those models be pulled off of those and used for the PC?