New downloadable content

Started by aerophex, January 25, 2007, 08:09AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Yeah, *if* it comes out for Xbox1/PS2 we can port it.  It won't come out for Xbox1 though since new games haven't been made for it for over a year.  Let's pray for PS2 tho.

If Venom's life is always draining, i think it would be a problem when there is dialogue and when you're using him in the base areas... maybe it should just be a boost where he kicks into overdrive for the price of his body's life force, or at least the passive should stop draining when he's in critical condition....

April 30, 2007, 10:02PM #242 Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 11:11PM by fluid_static
Hulk sounds mighty disappointing.  I was (long ago) trying to build a version where he uses Rage (like Wolverine), and a combination of Thing, Colossus and Cage.  The DLC version is basically what the awesome folks at MarvelMods came up with for the Avengers.  Pretty crap of the "professional" developers, IMHO.  :mad:

ETA : the power listing can be found at http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=932586&topic=34953796&page=1

I own an Xbox 360 and have downloaded the new content. (Even though I prefer playing MUA on the PC).

As many of you already know, these new characters have recycled powersets. No idea why Raven didn't want to give them their own "uniqueness" but perhaps they simply ran out of ideas? After some playtesting (nothing extensive), I can honestly say that I felt extremely let down.

For example:

The Hulk plays like an exact replica of Colossus - his mediocre melee damage and powersets effect poor old Hulk too. Although I must admit that using Hulk Stomp and Fury provided some amusement. One of the characters I was looking forward to playing the most, turns out to be the biggest cut/paste job.

Venom plays much like Mr. Fantastic with a dash of Spider-Man and Colossus - Venom Thrust and Claw (a boost ability) paired together work identical to Elastic Crush and Fantastic Fists. Has a Web Throw ability like Spidey. Has a Take Down like Colossus, but bites instead of punching. Powerful character.

Dr. Doom seems to borrow his powersets for numerous ranged characters, while I forget the names of the powers, his first available power (chargeable, ranged blast) and a boost ability adding chances for critical strikes work none too shabby.

Sabretooth plays much like Wolverine in terms of melee and powerset damage. Not much else to say about him than that.

I found Magneto to be the most disappointing of the bunch, and quite possibly the worst in the game next to Dr. Strange and Blade.

Magneto's highest damaging powerskill, Magnetic Pulse (chargable, on par with Spider-Woman's Venom Blast and ect.) is only effective at a medium to close range and requires you to hold the control stick either forward or back or perform either a potent direct blast or a wide weak blast able to damage multiple enemies. What makes this horrible is the fact that Mags can easily get the attention of monsters quickly and being in close proximity with a low hitpoint character can mean his demise quickly if enemies are in packs. He also has an ability much like Dr. Strange's "Levitate" - using his magnetic forces, he can drag around and throw enemies or objects around - but the damage is so completely minor, that it makes you wonder what it's even doing in there to begin with. How could Raven make one of the most powerful villans into such a crummy character?

I can't comment on Hawkeye since I haven't played as that character yet.

Cyclops is a fun new addition - if augmented with the right equipment, costume and use of powersets he is an extemely deadly ranged class. Unlike other ranged classes, you cannot move Cyclops in a 360 degree rotation while stationary when his Optic Beam is being charged. My really only dislike, thus meaning his Optic Blast skill takes careful aim (based on Mags' forward/back scheme to do a charged single/wide area blast, but doesn't suffer from medium range syndrome) and can lead to frustration if an enemy moves from Cyclops' view.

Finally, Nightcrawler. What an absolute surprise he turned out to be. Considering his uselessness in the Legends series of games, Raven turned him into an impressive melee character in MUA. His Acrobatic Kick can be charged (works similar to Elektra's) then at any time you release the button, he teleports to his target performs a roundhouse kick (twice) which is a nearly guaranteed instant kill. Another one of his powers allows him to teleport forward, plunge his two swords into his enemy from above and teleport back to his original location, high on energy use, but a decent damaging ability. I wasn't too fond of his "sword" powersets, their damage was decent, but only if augmented with the "Sword Mastery" power boost.

There are a lot of powers I didn't note, I've tried to test out most of them, the ones that are the most effective are mentioned, the ones that aren't, well, weren't worth mentioning. But hey, maybe that's just me. Those of you who may play around with these new additions may think differently about them.

Was it $10 worth spent? Yes, if you have a 360 and have access to Xbox Live. Overall, I'd have to say no. The Gold Edition of MUA(remains unknown as to which platforms it will be coming to) would not be worth re-purchasing it (if you already own a copy of MUA). Unless of course, they price it at $20, or if you're a diehard fan...  :P

Night crawler sounds like the only one I'm intrested in, I am still waiting on info on how to get the stuff from my xbox to my pc, I may just bite the bullet and buy one of those cables to do so.

Ok people, I am gunna be awesome here... I think.
I can get this tool http://www.divineo.com/cgi-bin/div-us/zz-360-tk
I can then buy a memory card
Then I can use this tool and said memory card and put the files on my pc.
But the question is... Will the dlc fit on a memory card? And seeing as it will be locked to my xbox will it be tearapartable?
Don't want to spend money for no reason so waiting for answers. :jumping:

Hey man you might be on to something there only 20 buck wow that sounds so sweet hope it'll work. :thumbsup2:
And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!

May 02, 2007, 07:49PM #247 Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 10:41PM by Piotyr
I just need someone with the dlc to tell me how big the patch is.

Wait... I just thought of something, couldn't we just buy the gold version rather then go through the hubub?

I've been using Hawkeye pretty religiously and he's been a pleasant surprise...his paralyzer arrow is incredibly effective against bosses...he's better than I thought he'd be

Quote from: Piotyr on May 02, 2007, 07:49PM
I just need someone with the dlc to tell me how big the patch is.

I don't have it but I would estimate around 8MB per character x 8 characters = 64MB.

Quote from: Piotyr on May 02, 2007, 07:49PMWait... I just thought of something, couldn't we just buy the gold version rather then go through the hubub?

Has it been confirmed?

To anybody who's played with DLC Hulk: can you tell me exactly what his fury does, and also what bonuses you get from it for each additional skill point you add to it?

Best place to ask that would be the gamefaqs xbox 360 MUA forums.  Those guys talk a lot about the DLC and how it plays.

- He grows in size
- Does more damage
- Takes less damage
- Moves faster

Overall a pretty potent boost.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/file/932586/45567

Request for anyone with the DLC: Mind taking snaps of the 32 new costumes? (preferably in the menu, either team select or in-game team menu) It'll be much appreciated.
And, of course, the whole donor thing. But that is a different/separate request.

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/9725/shnewsletter05030733jd7.jpg

Super Hero Newsletter - May 4, 2007:

This month, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance GOLD EDITION will be released for the Xbox 360™. If you don't already own Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, this is your chance to buy a remastered version of the original game including all of the 8 new characters.