Cable Mod (Released) V1.2

Started by Norrin Radd, February 16, 2008, 10:20AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I finally had a chance to play around some more with the Cable mod and I found some additional issues.  Again I am not complaining as I think this mod is friggin awesome.  But I'm hoping that maybe addressing the issues I'm having will help lead to whatever I might've done wrong:

1) Along with the previously addressed issue of Cable's bolton plasma rifle being stuck in his hand once he uses it, the gun has a massive delay. 
   You activate it and about 3-5 seconds later it fires.
2) A lot of Cable's basic melee animations seem to be missing.  I can walk up to a destructible object, hit the button and destroy it but Cable makes no swing.  This is prevelent with the basic and strong attacks.  Most of the other melee attack seem to work.

So again this may just be how the mod was written and if so, that's cool.  But if not I'd like to figure out what's wrong and resolve it.  Thank you to anyone who takes time out to listen and pontificate with me about this.

For the first issue, the gun move was made to do that.

For the second issue, you could try installing the latest version of the "official" character mod, since you may need some files from there. Also you should make sure to start a new game because he uses a new fightstyle.

Ok cool, I'll definately install the Official characters MOD and I'm assuming that as long as I don't edit the herostat.engb I can take advantage of those files without actually adding any of those characters.  I was also wondering how to go about changing up Cable's passives.  Currently, the Dominus Objective and the Cone of Silence passives are attached to his X-Force skin, and just because I'm a big Cable geek I thought they would make more sense attached to his Tech Support skin.  Just wondering if I could switch those around.

decompile the file cable.engb in /talents
look near the end of the file and you will see how the passives are setup. You can change them from there.

Much abliged, Norrin.  As always, you rock.

Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know that after installing the Official Character mod, Cable now handles like a dream; all his animations are present and his bolton gun works properly as well.  Thanks again to everybody who took time out and answer this newbie's questions and thanks again to everybody involved in making this awesome mod.

just an idea...have u ever thought about making a Cable model where he's super jacked...maybe using Colossus as a base...
http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/Cable/Cable1cover.jpg.jpg

The problem is that most models are symmetric. We were lucky to get a couple that weren't so that iammingy and boreman could make some great Cable skins.

Quote from: Norrin Radd on May 01, 2008, 09:34AM
decompile the file cable.engb in /talents
look near the end of the file and you will see how the passives are setup. You can change them from there.

Just wanted to report that I successfully moved Cable's passives around.  Then I got to thinking....

I never liked the idea of certain passives assigned to certain costumes.  I usually pick my favorite skin and stick with it.  So why not move them around for everybody?  Then I got to wondering if you could add more than 3 passives to any one skin.  Has anybody ever tried that?  Is it even possible?  Just wondering.

Mod updated with small fix to talent file and powerstyle (for first power). If you have the older version just overwrite the talent and powerstyle files.

Sorry to bump this, but the download link is gone

Use the link in the mod catalogue.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

i cant download it!
can anyone tell me why or make a new download? plz
i want to play with cable
You dare to steal from Galactus?!

Please use the link in the character mod catalog as said right before your post.