Converted X-Men Legends 1/2 Characters Galore

Started by BliZZ, January 26, 2007, 09:55AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I've tried it. I've also tried Genis' Star Fall and Torch's Fantastic Fire as bases.

I'll give it another week of thinking/testing; if there is no cigar, I'll probably either

a) Use a different XML2 gun attack or
b) release him with only 4 attacks

If you do plan B, you could always give him another boost to even things out.

Ohhhhh I can't wait till crawlers done! Then I will have my perfect team! Are you going to make him more balanced then he was in legends 2?
I love you guys! Giving me Gambit and night cralwer :).

Okay, I can't seem to build up to an xtreme.  No many how many bad guys I kill with NC the bar doesn't grow.  Other than that he's nearly done.

http://www.momoshare.com/file.php?file=787344d5a7a07257f6f4b1e3f7993eac

Someone do that and we will be like W00t! Then make me a hero stat with him and gambit :P... Ok just kidding about making the hero stat I will do that lol.

Teancum - I think I can fix that. I've had that issue before. Have you named the Xtreme team_xtreme? And is it using the ch_team_xtreme handler?

I believe renaming it from "xtreme" or whatever the default XML2 file is to team_xtreme solved it for me.

Ah!  I'll check that out.  Thanks Cates

Heh, sure enough that was it.  I got the extreme to "work" this morning before work.  Nothing special, it just played.  Now I've got to get down to really tweaking it.  I only had one enemy around, so I don't know if it has the same problem mentioned before, but he did hit the enemy more than once. 

To-Do List:
-Finish the Xtreme *1st priority
-Replace the second boost with Nightcrawler's 'Worship' boost from XML2
-Lining up the icons with the right powers
-Prep the Spacesuit skin just cuz.... well, why not?
-Portraits (inserting em', making ones that aren't done)

Fixed:
-Nightcrawler is an independant character, he's no longer a Deadpool replacement
-He now puts up his sword after using Divine Blades
-General tweaking of power values so he's not overpowered/underpowered.

Just out of curiosity, why'd you choose to do Nightcrawler? Too impatient for the DLC one? :nightcrawler:

Anyway... Rogue/Bishop still each have one broken move, as well as minor tweaks left. Yeah. I'll distance myself from them for now, and get to work on Toad's tongue/Phoenix's rage. Maybe some time will give me fresh ideas.

PS: Once these 4 are done, I think Beast'll be my next one. Just so (hopefully) no one else jumps on that gun. I've got plans- involving Beast, Panther, and a toilet plunger.

May 24, 2007, 02:24PM #324 Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 02:27PM by cvc
hehehe I don't care about good guys but what powers does that plunger have #$%^ suck  *ss vacuum??

ps:on a real note Blizz do you think you could take a look at Toxin 1.1 it's got me stumped and iammingy really likes the character??
And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!

@ BliZZ -- I wanted to get it ready for the Xbox, and I thought Fluid's was actually pretty impressive.  I figured if there was anything cool from the 360 version I might use it, but more than likely the animations won't work on the Xbox, plus we don't have sound files for the 360 Xtreme, but we do for the XML2 version

@Teancum- Right. I keep forgetting you're working towards the XBox :laugh:

@cvc- Not atm, I'm kinda swamped w/ work & these XML2 conversions & RL. Maybe in a week or 2, though.

QuoteI got the extreme to "work" this morning before work.  Nothing special, it just played.  Now I've got to get down to really tweaking it.  I only had one enemy around, so I don't know if it has the same problem mentioned before, but he did hit the enemy more than once. 

Great. I think if you got it to hit more than once, you're further along than me.

Just out of curiosity, have you tried adding Leap of Faith as a costume bonus? I think that would be cool, but I had no success (albeit in only a handful of attempts.)

Will this version be available for us PCers? I loved XML2 Nightcrawler.

Oh yeah, I'm developing him on the PC.  It's easier to use MUAPC then convert to Xbox.

I thought about adding Leap Of Faith, but didn't really go much further than that.  I might look into it... dunno.

Quote from: BliZZ on May 24, 2007, 01:37PM
Anyway... Rogue/Bishop still each have one broken move, as well as minor tweaks left. Yeah. I'll distance myself from them for now, and get to work on Toad's tongue/Phoenix's rage. Maybe some time will give me fresh ideas.

I seem to recall that Rogue's problem was Torpedo Strike, wasn't it? Well, if it was, maybe you could check the files for the underwater smash attack. Bare in mind I'm nowhere near as familiar with these files as you probably are, and this was just a thought that came to mind while reading another topic.