Anyone into Marvel Legends?

Started by shafcrawler, March 01, 2008, 12:55AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Well, I've always been into action figures, and the Legends line is a dream come true for me. Anyone else into ML?

My favorites among my own figs are:

Psylocke (only coz I love her)
Bishop
Black Panther
Marvel Girl
Ultimate Nightcrawler
X3 Colossus

and I hate my Emma Frost figure coz it's UGLY!!!!!!

March 01, 2008, 01:01AM #1 Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 01:10AM by iammingy
Me, me, me, here! :D

I agree that Black Panther and Marvel Girl are pretty good. The only thing I didn't like was Rachel's knees. Other than that, she's perfect. I didn't buy any Hasbro ML figures, just the movie Ghost Rider and Iron Spidey from the Origins line. Not that I hate Hasbro, but the character selection just doesn't grab my attention. Dr Doom is good, but I still haven't got the chance to hunt him down at retail, yet. :(

Though Psylocke is one of my favorite character, I don't like the figure. Her face looks wrong, ugly hip-joints, no ears, no psi-blades, hands in awkward positions... just not my cup of tea :( The prototype that was shown in SDCC was perfect, but the Toy Biz dudes had to make unpleasant changes to the fig. @_@

Moon Knight (non-variant version) and Iron Fist are my favorites. Iceman from the Toybiz X-men line and Toxin from the Toybiz Spider-man line are pretty good, too.

And yes... that Emma Frost's head looks like a man who doesn't know how to put make up on his face...haha She's wearing a diaper, too.... lol

Quote from: iammingy on March 01, 2008, 01:01AM
And yes... that Emma Frost's head looks like a man who doesn't know how to put make up on his face...haha She's wearing a diaper, too.... lol

LMAO!!!! So true about the diaper! Since u'r into Marvel Legends, here's pic of a custom psy-knife I made for my Psylocke fig. It's not all that great, but anything is better than nothing!

I actually got myself a bunch of Hasbro ML this Jan. U don't get ML figures in Bangladesh and I used to order 'em from eBay (which cost me a small...er LARGE fortune coz of all da s&h price added and all) so getting my hands on em in a retail store in Germany was like heaven to me! And luckily, I got the black variant Marvel Girl along with the regular one! I also got Cyke, Colossus Emma and Xorn.

March 01, 2008, 01:37PM #3 Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 01:42PM by iammingy
Great job!! Your psi-blade looks way better than the ones I have seen on other customs and some lying around on ebay! :thumbsup2: What did you use to make it?

Yeah, Marvel Legends seem to be only "easy" to find at retail stores in the US. People in the US always says the whole aisle is full of MLs, but I have never seen this in Canada... lol I am really happy if I can find all the standard (non-variant) versions already.

Have you see the previews of First-Appearance Storm, AoA Sunfire, Silver Samurai, Magneto, etc. that was shown in ToyFare (magazine) a few months ago? Those ones look great!!! Can't wait to get my hands on them!! :xmen_logo:

EDIT: Do you plan on making a head swap for Emma? haha

Quote from: iammingy on March 01, 2008, 01:37PM
Great job!! Your psi-blade looks way better than the ones I have seen on other customs and some lying around on ebay! :thumbsup2: What did you use to make it?

Yeah, Marvel Legends seem to be only "easy" to find at retail stores in the US. People in the US always says the whole aisle is full of MLs, but I have never seen this in Canada... lol I am really happy if I can find all the standard (non-variant) versions already.

Have you see the previews of First-Appearance Storm, AoA Sunfire, Silver Samurai, Magneto, etc. that was shown in ToyFare (magazine) a few months ago? Those ones look great!!! Can't wait to get my hands on them!! :xmen_logo:

EDIT: Do you plan on making a head swap for Emma? haha

What's the point of making a head swap for her? She still has the diaper on! hahaha

I made the psy-blade using a broken clear plastic box. I just used the blowdryer on it till it was soft around the edges, then shaped it with a blade. Then I put rose-red glass paint on it and finally, I added some CORRECTION INK around the middle to make the focused part! Weird or what?

I badly wanted the FA Storm, but it didn't get enough votes. Neither did Aurora. Now my only hopes lie with the Sunfire fig. It'd better be as good as the pic shows.

Btw, is Hasbro ML wave4 out in the US and Canada yet? Y'know, the one with Astonishing Beast? I want the Beast fig!!!!!

hahahahaha!!!!! Black Queen shares the same body, but the diaper doesn't look as bad on her... probably because of the black color...?

Interesting idea... but wouldn't the wite-out come off easily after a while (because the surface is plastic)? I think you should use acrylic paint for models (Tamiya, etc.). They stay on plastics pretty well, and you can thin them with just a few drops of water, too.

I think they will release the rest of the gang later anyway. I don't think they will waste the money they spent on the sculpts... haha

No, I haven't seen them, yet. They postponed the inclusion of Astonishing Beast in later shipments... How are people gonna complete their BAF's? That's really stupid... -_-"||

I am looking forward to Spiral though I don't which wave she's in.

yep im into them too, although im picky with the ones i buy. right now i have the urban legends set that consists of daredevil, spider-man, punisher, and an Elektra with white outfit. also have psylocke and iron fist. problem with iron fist, is that his legs only move horizontally. Who does that! "lets make a kung fu toy and only have him move his legs in one direction, not like he needs to kick or anything". I had a hard time trying to put him in different poses, in fact, i broke one of his legs in the process. :(

I am picky, too. That's why I've never completed any BAFs...haha

That's too bad... Toy Biz's plastics are more fragile than Hasbro's plastics IMO and their joints are very loose, too.

Quote from: iammingy on March 02, 2008, 08:26PM
I am picky, too. That's why I've never completed any BAFs...haha

That's too bad... Toy Biz's plastics are more fragile than Hasbro's plastics IMO and their joints are very loose, too.

Tell me about it! My Ultimate Nightcrawler's falling apart! One of it's arms comes off if you pull it a little hard. As far as BAFs go, I haven't completed any either. The only one I really want is the Sentinel (duh I'm an X-Men fan). It was the best BAF in my opinion. I'm only missing it's right leg and left arm. Other than that, I have a Mojo piece, 1 from Galactus, 2 of Blob and 3 of Brood Queen. Sometimes I take the insects torso out, stick her right "arm" in the head peg and pretend it's a mutated snake! lol

As for the ink coming off, I doubt that. It hardens in about an hour and stays on forever. I normally use acrylics for minor adjustments. Used the glass paint 'coz I wanted transparency in the blade, and it sets very well.

I wish i could get some marvel legends figures there awesome but i havnt seen any in the retail stores in australia that i live near and im not gonna pay a fortune to get them off ebay

Yeah, I have heard that Legnds are hard to find in the retails at New Zealand and Austraila... I think you would have to rely on your local comic book stores that order them.

Yeah last time i saw in retail shops was like 6 yrs ago , Comic book stores are also very small in numbers over here i think really theres maybe 1 or 2 in major cities or surrounding them

Yeah, it's mainly due to the painful cost of shippings to Austrailia and New Zealand. Imports have to come either by sea or air and the oil prices are so high... @_@

Dude, we don't even have comic book stores out here in Bangladesh!!!! I rely entirely on the net and contacts in Europe and America to get comic books!!!! As for toys, I dunno why but only the Marvel Legends lines don't show up here. Everything else is pretty much available at retail stores.(e.g. Spidey movie line, F4 movie line, DC stuff)

Quote from: shafcrawler on March 03, 2008, 02:26AM
Dude, we don't even have comic book stores out here in Bangladesh!!!! I rely entirely on the net and contacts in Europe and America to get comic books!!!! As for toys, I dunno why but only the Marvel Legends lines don't show up here. Everything else is pretty much available at retail stores.(e.g. Spidey movie line, F4 movie line, DC stuff)
Dude, we have the same thing here in Poland (Central Europe!). We get most of our Marvel Legends related stuff from ebay.
You may freely use and modify my work as long as you give me proper credit - there's no need to ask for my permission.