DAREDEVIL upgrades v1.1 (Baton Swing; swing like Spider-man)

Started by iammingy, March 13, 2008, 04:20AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I tried running this mod, but it doesn't seem to be working. DD jumps, double jumps, ropes shoot out of his hands, and then he floats in the air with the ropes switching from hand to hand until he falls. Any tips on where I went wrong installing the mod?

Since it's a special ability you probably have to start a new game.

Quote from: Midnight Curse on March 27, 2008, 10:33PM
Not to mention Gladiator.

and Mephisto's Pet...
and Silver Surfer NPC...
and Modok...
and Dragonman...
and Archangel from XML2...
You can go on and on...

True, true...

When did M.O.D.O.K. fly? I didn't see him fly when I defeated him at Omega Base.

He 'floats' on the Omega Base, which is technically flying (though in this case it's probably animation trickery).

But anyways, we digress.  Guess we should focus on what the topic is about.

Just decompile the npcstat and search for the term "flight", no need to guess/argue.

I made Daredevil swing when he's on AI without using any script. He seems to be overusing it and forget about fighting the enemies...lol. After I have fix this, I will upload it right here.

Quote from: iammingy on March 28, 2008, 10:48AM
Just decompile the npcstat and search for the term "flight", no need to guess/argue.

I made Daredevil swing when he's on AI without using any script. He seems to be overusing it and forget about fighting the enemies...lol. After I have fix this, I will upload it right here.

how did u do tht? anyway once it fixed could u put up something tht lets spidey do that?

Quote from: muafan on March 28, 2008, 10:59AM
how did u do tht?

Well, I guess you wouldn't disagree that Daredevil should baton-swing instead of sprinting when he's in AI mode, right? Since the character under player's control would never "sprint", I can declare a new "sprint" that points to the baton swing section. So, whenever the AI chooses to "sprint", he would perform a baton swing instead.

anyway once it fixed could u put up something tht lets spidey do that?

Yes, I can do the same for Spidey, Venom, and Toxin as soon as I fix the bugs.

sounds interesting but how do you plan on keeping the ai from getting stuck at walls or doors,when i swing with spider i try to fall near the floor and swing so i can pass trow doors normaly,i can see the ai getting stuck like that.

Quote from: spiderman_rj on April 14, 2008, 05:20PM
sounds interesting but how do you plan on keeping the ai from getting stuck at walls or doors,when i swing with spider i try to fall near the floor and swing so i can pass trow doors normaly,i can see the ai getting stuck like that.

No, I don't know to do it.

The AI's don't avoid walls even when they are on their feet either...haha. Some AI's still want to running into a wall for like a few seconds, then they start to turn around.... :rofl:

I fixed a few bugs in this mod. Read the first page for more details.

I didn't make DD swing under AI-control because he spends more time swinging in the air than hitting enemies, which makes the AI even less useful than before.

I found a new bug

When I tried to use Daredevils XTREME attack he didn't use it - instead he froze in place and everyone went SUPER SLOW. I had to restart the mission and every time I've tried to use his XTREME the same problem has happened.

I figure its this mod since this is the ONLY mod for Daredevil that I've installed... after all, he was one of the VERY FEW 'complete' characters in the game (or to be exact, nearly complete - after you gave him swinging he was totally complete lol)

Quote from: Grig 32 on July 28, 2008, 07:59PM
I found a new bug

When I tried to use Daredevils XTREME attack he didn't use it - instead he froze in place and everyone went SUPER SLOW. I had to restart the mission and every time I've tried to use his XTREME the same problem has happened.

I figure its this mod since this is the ONLY mod for Daredevil that I've installed... after all, he was one of the VERY FEW 'complete' characters in the game (or to be exact, nearly complete - after you gave him swinging he was totally complete lol)

I just tried it and I didn't get perma-slow...@_@
Hmm......