Official Characters -- Beta v3 RELEASED (Mar 21, 2008)

Started by Teancum, March 21, 2008, 05:55AM

Previous topic - Next topic
for some reason i can't donwload the pack, i think the file is break,can someone upload it again?

I really hate to ask such a newbie question, but...sigh...
I install MUA, I put in the Next gen pack that adds Colossus and Moon Knight. I extract Official beta3 pack, and then I extract the hotfix beta 3. I use the heroselect program and I choose the characters I want, then I start a new game. I am forced to start with Spiderman, Thor, Captain America and Wolverine, so I make my way to the first place I can switch out characters and I do see Hulk/Colossus and Moon Knight, but I can't find Magneto, Dr. Doom, Venom, Nightcrawler or any of the others. (I had to 'add character' Venom and Doctor Doom with Heroselect but it didn't make a difference).

What am I doing wrong? How can I fix it?

April 13, 2008, 05:13PM #92 Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 05:15PM by Sasquatch
Do you see Hawkeye? If you can see he probably your heroselect was installed wrong and your computer isn't creating a new herostat.engb. Go to "actvison" folder, after go to "marvel ultimate alliance" folder and inside this go to the data folder search for the "herostat.engb " file click with the right buttom of the mouse and click in properties now look for the day and hour it was created. After this, use the heroselect and look for the "herostat.engb" file again and see if it day and hour changed for the time you did that. I hope you understand because my english isn't good.

I also think you need to get that XMLBcompile file and throw that in your windows directory so you can get the Heroselect working properly. When I had that in place and the Heroselect zip/folder in the MUA directory, everything ran like butter.

i just donwloaded v3. The problem is after applying the mod, my saved game is affected. All my items were gone. Except the ones that are currently equiped on my characters. Another thing is that my bits went down to ZERO! What the hell happened here??

Well you would of had to start a new game anyway with the mod like you have to do with all mods .

Thanks to Teancum for PMing me on how to get this, I'm flipping backwards in my chair over and over again at the greatness of this!

QuoteWhen I'm finished with that I'll package it along with Iammingy's Sabretooth fix and all previous fixes into a new patch.
Will the new patch require starting a new game?

At least I hope Sabretooth's animation fix won't require a game restart!

Quote from: Minsc on May 13, 2008, 04:11PM
At least I hope Sabretooth's animation fix won't require a game restart!

No, you just need to download this file I posted, and place it in the "powerstyles" folder under "data".

Quote from: iammingy on March 26, 2008, 05:10PM
Yes, I have the same issue when using that move, too. I don't think the person who did Sabretooth changed the powerstyle code for that move. So, it should be the same as the Gold Edition. I am not sure whether this is a powerstyle problem or an animation problem... However, I will take a look at this to see if it is can be "fixed".

EDIT: Gevth, I think I "fixed" it... :laugh:
http://www.box.net/shared/jxk6lgd8g0
It's just the powerstyle.

^ Yay.

I just levelled up Mageneto, Venom, Sabretooth, and Dr. Doom to 11.

Magneto and Sabretooth received their extreme powers fine at 10. But Dr. Doom and Venom won't let me put a point in Xtreme attack no matter what I try at level 11 or 12.

When Xtremes say "Requires level 10", it means it. I guess if you wait until level 11 like I did, you can never put a point in again. Fixed it with the "all powers" cheat code. It puts 1 point in everything but it's the only way I knew how.

May 13, 2008, 08:34PM #100 Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 08:39PM by iammingy
Quote from: Minsc on May 13, 2008, 07:19PM
Magneto and Sabretooth received their extreme powers fine at 10. But Dr. Doom and Venom won't let me put a point in Xtreme attack no matter what I try at level 11 or 12.

When Xtremes say "Requires level 10", it means it. I guess if you wait until level 11 like I did, you can never put a point in again. Fixed it with the "all powers" cheat code. It puts 1 point in everything but it's the only way I knew how.

I don't seem to have this problem and I didn't use any cheat except the "unlock all costumes " cheat.
You need to spend 2 points for the Xtreme for all characters.

EDIT: I looked at the code and compare with other characters. They look fine to me. Try to start a new game with default stats and see if that problem exist for you.

Oh my fault I forget they take 2 points and kept trying with 1.
P.S. I love this mod where you can be the villians and more, since there's no PC Gold pack. Thanks for it your hard work is getting used by new people like me still!

Please re upload this mod to rapidshare.com I download from mediafire.com and always get error...:(

Sorry, got a few Qs:

Since it's a beta version: What happens if a new version comes out, will I need to start a new game again?

What if I swap characters using Heroselect, would I have to start a new game?

Do I need to input the all characters unlocked code to play the characters?

Im new here...and im sure you guys will laugh or even get mad!! but after we download Official Characters -- Beta v3 is it ready to play straight away,with the exception of characters that we swap out,cyclops,magneto etc for cage or any other character?