The Big Icon Making Thread

Started by Noelemahc, February 23, 2007, 09:26AM

Previous topic - Next topic
You didn't have to insert ALL of the XML2 quest icons - some of them would be better off as fodder for character-specific sets, not the talent list. IMHO, naturally.

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

QuoteYou didn't have to insert ALL of the XML2 quest icons - some of them would be better off as fodder for character-specific sets, not the talent list. IMHO, naturally.

I was trying to pick ones that could be used as other things, like the abyss one for a rage or confusion power, or the hourglass one for time-related things. I did leave off holocaust, sinister, apocalypse, etc. Eh, it was fun to play around with it.

Anyone up for collaborating on an Angel iconset?  In the meantime I gotta finish up Apoc's icon file for Cates, then it's on to throwing together the Beast iconset since we've got enough pieces to get one started. 

What I'm mostly concerned about is the banner for Angel.  Anyone have some ideas?  All I got is the cliche wing idea.   

May 05, 2007, 08:53PM #63 Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 08:57PM by Burning Rage

I made a new set for Rogue.  Being that BliZZ said he wasn't able to get Rogue's Power Theft or Torpedo Strike working, I figured I would give it a whirl.  *shrugs*  I also want to play as her, so I have motivation.  What do you guys think about the icons?
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Very cool looking. Good luck getting those powers going.

Man them look great banner too,very sweet.+ very clear.
And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!

Banner needs to be 512x64 shrunk to 256x64. I need to make some kind of huge message somewhere where noone will miss it.

Rogue's Torpedo Strike was fixed.... I think I've almost figured out the Power Theft too. But, if you want to do it, well, that's your prerogative.

The main thing I was waiting for (for Rogue AND Scarlet Witch, who are the 2 of my 4 wips who are the closest to done) is new skins. Classic Rogue (I think, since there are no proper females w/ the jacket, we'll have to just drop it, in all of its brown glory :ugh:) and Ultimates Scarlet Witch.

May 06, 2007, 10:47AM #67 Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 02:57PM by Burning Rage
Quote from: BliZZ on May 06, 2007, 06:33AM
Banner needs to be 512x64 shrunk to 256x64. I need to make some kind of huge message somewhere where noone will miss it.

No it doesn't.  It looks fine in game to me.  The alpha channel will take care of the sides.  I ripped a few other icon sets, and they were all the same size as the one I did.

QuoteRogue's Torpedo Strike was fixed.... I think I've almost figured out the Power Theft too. But, if you want to do it, well, that's your prerogative.

I'm only working on her because I wanted to use her since I bought the game.  I'm not knocking on you.  Did you get everything else working, i.e. grab-smash, team xtreme, etc.?  I got most of her powers working.  Torpedo Strike I can't get to do damage, and I can't figure out Power Theft either.  Everything else works like a charm.  Besids, I'm sure our work is different enough to where that fact doesn't matter.  *shrugs*

QuoteThe main thing I was waiting for (for Rogue AND Scarlet Witch, who are the 2 of my 4 wips who are the closest to done) is new skins. Classic Rogue (I think, since there are no proper females w/ the jacket, we'll have to just drop it, in all of its brown glory :ugh:) and Ultimates Scarlet Witch.

Nah.  I got 3d Max now, so I'll be doing Rogue's classic skin, as well as her green and white outfit.  The only problem is I got 3d Max 9, so the Alchemy plug-in doesn't work.  Not to mention if I did get Max 4 or 5, I can't install the plug-in because Noel hasn't told me how he was able to do it (the site is down, and I can't get an activation number).  I can do the models though.  I began work on Emma Frost's astonishing outfit last week in my modeling class.

Quote from: Burning Rage on May 06, 2007, 10:47AM
No it doesn't.  It looks fine in game to me.  The alpha channel will take care of the sides.  I ripped a few other icon sets, and they were all the same size as the one I did.

Yes, it does. It has nothing to with the sides; it has everything to do with the game stretching it out to twice its width. The other icons were the same size because the banner was 512 SHRUNK to 256, so that when the game expands it it looks natural.

Grab-smash, everything, done. Just the power theft left to go.

how can i put an icon to sabretooth
My deviant art page!!!
$$$ http://sabrerine911.deviantart.com/ $$$

You have to make them.

I know we have no "official" rules regarding, but I HATE large signatures. Please shrink it or choose another one. Please.

Quote from: BliZZ on May 27, 2007, 12:02PM
I know we have no "official" rules regarding, but I HATE large signatures. Please shrink it or choose another one. Please.

I second that.  I had requested that in another thread, but deleted my post because I wasn't sure if I was the only one bothered by that or not.  But please do shrink it.

can someone make icons for jean relating to fire

this thread is two years old, we dont bump up old threads here, just start a new thread.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it