The Big Icon Making Thread

Started by Noelemahc, February 23, 2007, 09:26AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Fresh stuffing.

(click to enlarge)
Fixed Rogue's and Xavier's banners, made two alternates for Nightcrawler, made one for Pyro. Like, yay. These are relatively HQ, the JPG compression just didn't agree with them. I suddenly became worried that all my snaps clock in way above a 100 kbs XD
Also, took down all previous archives, made one pack containing all XML2 icons I've MUAed to date for comfyness of use.
Get here: http://www.marvelmods.com/noelemahc/IconsMUAd.rar

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

I think I'm gonna use the Dr. Strange one.

BTW, how about some form of a contorted tongue for Toad?

My idea exactly, I'm still looking for one of high enough resolution so it would look good when stretchified :D

Crimson Dynamo says:

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Also, for Jean, could you drop the bottom row and do her's?

What will we use for the banner? The Pheonix Crest? The Phoenix Raptor?

Crimson Dynamo says:

Either. Decide based on which one you think'll look better.

Noel -

Not that you don't have a million things to do, but is there any way you can switch icon #2--the one with the target--in the pyro_icons file you worked up with the one with the face and fiery head? The head icon works better for the boost I gave to Pyro.

You mind the setup I've made in the previous IGB? (see post #30 of this very thread)
Alright, I can of course move ONE icon. Just explain why do you have five columns of icons in this piccur of yours :P

Crimson Dynamo says:

D'oh!  :wtflol: I wasn't thinking when I linked to that pic. Sorry, dude.

Yes, switching the fiery head for the target icon will work perfectly. The rest look great in game. Thanks!

Let me know when you've got some time to pull together an MUAed Sunfire Icon set.  :naughty:

Having trouble with Phoenix's powerset icons.  I'm using Darkmythology's mod but noticed that I don't have the phoenix_icons.igb.  I've seen her icons here in this thread but need a little help of how to get them into textures/ui.  Is this something I need to use in MUAskinner, etc?  I haven't had a lot of luck with texturefinder and MUAskinner yet (trouble understanding how to find the offsets  :scratchhead: .

Those PNGs in the first few posts are for development purposes only. Unless you wanna wreck the game, I'd suggest you wait it out till we cover those icons as well, 'kay?

Crimson Dynamo says:

Noel, can you move Wanda's icons a little bit higher on your list? She is my pet project of sorts until the DLC is released. For her, remove the clover and the generic red/blue spiny energy thing.

Thanks.

Okay, small request, but a big one on my side.  Can I get gambit_icons.igb (the one in BliZZ's Gambit mod), but in PS2 format?  I can't do anything with this one.

For which game?  MUA, or XML2?  I can get you the ones from XML2 no problem, but being that I didn't convert him to MUA, I don't have that file with the fancy banner and such on it.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Yeah I need the banner/MUA-fied version.  Plus I have the XML2 files for Xbox, the alpha channels get screwy when put into MUA.