Why no Pc version?

Started by Luciano, July 16, 2008, 02:42PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Teancum on September 01, 2009, 09:35AM
Take a look at sales numbers -- the PC version of MUA didn't even get enough sales to bother charting the data:

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/index.php?&results=50&name=marvel:%20ultimate%20alliance&console=&keyword=&publisher=&genre=&order=Sales&boxart=Both&showdeleted=&region=All&alphasort=

Now why would you spend good money working on a PC port when nobody will buy it? 
***And don't say "we" aren't 'nobody'.  I'm talking numbers here.  The 75 active users on this forum don't constitute enough cash to cover the porting of the game.
well, you got a good point there.

No matter what the sales figures are, they should always release a PC version!

I doubt it. Whoever made it would not be able to make it as good as VV did.

*IF* we were to get one we'd be much more likely to get a n-Space port anyways as the 360 port wouldn't be cost effective to optimize for several types of hardware.  With the n-Space port they just set the requirements fairly high and say "here you go"

Quote from: marvelfan12345 on September 16, 2009, 06:25PM
I doubt it. Whoever made it would not be able to make it as bad as VV did.

Fixed that for you.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Quote from: marvelfan12345 on September 16, 2009, 06:25PM
I doubt it. Whoever made it would not be able to make it as good as VV did.
I'm with ya! Oh come on people, why are you so mean with them? They did a great job! They didn't make an XML2 or MUA1 but that was their job! I mean, MUA1 didn't look like XML2 but it's still good!

I guess because they changed a lot of things people expected to stay the same, or to improve.  Instead they pulled those features, or limited them.  I have no doubt I'll have fun playing through it when I rent it, but I'm not buying it until its USD$20.00 used, and then only if the DLC is awesome.

Quote from: Burning Rage on September 16, 2009, 07:08PM
Fixed that for you.

No you didn't. N-Space screwed up and VV did wonderful! I do think they focused on other stuff so they didn't have as much time on the characters costumes and stuff.

N-Space barely did anything besides extracting stuff from other games. You should see their reviews

"N-Space should be shot"

"I hope N-Space is lost in the recession"

"N-Space has ruined all of marvel games"

And even many curse words to them

Quote from: marvelfan12345 on September 18, 2009, 02:12PM
No you didn't. N-Space screwed up and VV did wonderful! I do think they focused on other stuff so they didn't have as much time on the characters costumes and stuff.

N-Space barely did anything besides extracting stuff from other games. You should see their reviews

"N-Space should be shot"

"I hope N-Space is lost in the recession"

"N-Space has ruined all of marvel games"

And even many curse words to them

Their reviews... By you?

No by others. On Hero Hq and on some other sites linked on Hero Hq. I don't think they should be shot and the comments are extreme but they didn't do good at all.

September 18, 2009, 08:09PM #131 Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 08:14PM by nodoubt_jr
Both versions have gotten bad reviews and bad comments, different people like different things. non of us here worked on it, so i dont get why some people get so deffensive about negative comments.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Quote from: marvelfan12345 on September 18, 2009, 07:45PMNo by others. On Hero Hq and on some other sites linked on Hero Hq. I don't think they should be shot and the comments are extreme but they didn't do good at all.

So what?  I think VV's modeling sucks, and I think they strayed too far from the beaten path.  Does that mean the 360 version sucks?  You, my friend are beggining to be a biased fanboy.  The reality is that had n-Space not taken the Wii/PS2/PSP/DS ports, they probably wouldn't have existed.  Activision knew exactly what was going on -- hire a small dev shop and give them the engine and lots of the assets they need in order to build a game we can make money on.  If you're gonna blame anyone, blame Activision.  N-Space only has a little over 100 folks on their team, and they handled two consoles and two handheld versions.

Quote from: nodoubt_jr on September 18, 2009, 08:09PM
Both versions have gotten bad reviews and bad comments, different people like different things. non of us here worked on it, so i dont get why some people get so deffensive about negative comments.

Because some of us are blind fanboys, and as long as those blind fanboys exist, so will the defensive outbursts about any kind of criticism about whatever they are fanboys about.  Regardless of whether or not what they say even makes sense or not, you can prove a fanboy wrong and they'll still sing the same song for reasons not even God is sure about at this point.  That's just the way fanboys work.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Personally i think both versions look really good and improved, but if we do get a PC version i hope its n-space version, just because it seems like it would be easier to mod than the VV version.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it