Why no Pc version?

Started by Luciano, July 16, 2008, 02:42PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm sure they know that, but let's say it costs 500,000 US dollars to port it to the PC, but you only earn 575,000 US dollars in sales.  That's what the issue comes down to.  They just don't sell enough for the PC version to make it worth it, especially when they have it for nearly every console.

maybe theyre sick of certain individuals pulling their game apart and changing it :P

Quote from: Venom on February 21, 2009, 08:49PM
I dont see why they would have any intentions on making a pc version seeing as how well this thread on their forums is going : http://www.herohq.com/forums/viewthread/531/
Maybe everyone from MarvelMods should join up and add their names to the list ?
@Remy , I dont think we have thousands of mods here.

K, 999 ^-^
I just canĀ“t accept i have to buy a 360 (for now :-) )

Why would they bother. I doubt that the first MUA sold very well on PC, rare few bought the came, in comparison to console version. PC gaming is niche when it comes to profits these days, piracy is killing the hobby quite effectively. And petitions? Oh please.

And yes, I'm also quite annoyed if it doesn't come out for PC, I'm keeping up the fools hope against all odds.

I hope that MUA2 is developed for the PC.  I have no other platform to play the game.  I'll just stick with MUA for the PC and see if any new mods are developed using information from the sequel.
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

Quote from: fox456 on March 07, 2009, 09:01AM
I hope that MUA2 is developed for the PC.  I have no other platform to play the game.
Same here.. :bawling:
It sucks if they don't fo PC version, as they probably won't. Well I'll then just buy PS3 or something (if I have enough money)
Trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it's broken, but you can still see the crack on that motherf*cker's reflection
My Mods for XML2: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3018.0

I do have a PSP, but it's different. I most likely will get it for PSP, but MUA2 looks like a game that needs some space to show it's power, which PSP is not.

I'll probably get it for the 360.

I just hope there isn't a ton of exclusive characters for each console.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

Quote from: fox456 on March 07, 2009, 09:01AM
I have no other platform to play the game.  I'll just stick with MUA for the PC and see if any new mods are developed using information from the sequel.

This is true for me too, i only have a pc to play it on. If it doesnt get released for pc, then at hopefully at least we can get some stuff from the PS2 version like skins or skeletons to use in MUA1.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Quote from: nodoubt_jr on March 08, 2009, 01:48PM
If it doesnt get released for pc, then at hopefully at least we can get some stuff from the PS2 version like skins or skeletons to use in MUA1.

Hercules comes to my mind first.   :D
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

Quote from: Teancum on February 22, 2009, 08:07AM
I'm sure they know that, but let's say it costs 500,000 US dollars to port it to the PC, but you only earn 575,000 US dollars in sales.  That's what the issue comes down to.  They just don't sell enough for the PC version to make it worth it, especially when they have it for nearly every console.

Well if they know anything about MarvelMods.com or any other custom content, they would know that the PC version would sell better because more people would buy it for customization purposes.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if this is exactly why they don't want to release a PC version.

Maybe it's just their fear that when they release for PC, fans keep making the games better than they do. :D

I think it's all down to the fact pc-warez is very big, and on consoles it's a lot less; so the most money is being made on consoles; so no need for a pc version.
I always hope they think; ah well, console sales are good enough, we can risk a pc version :+

Quote from: megansunfire on March 09, 2009, 08:34AM
Well if they know anything about MarvelMods.com or any other custom content, they would know that the PC version would sell better because more people would buy it for customization purposes.

We have a total of 1,708 members, and only about 1/5 of those have posted more than ten posts.  We're not even a drop in the bucket when it comes to money.  That argument works with something like Half-Life or Unreal Tournament games, but not MUA or XML2.  We don't have 1/100th of the people we'd need to do the sort of sales to influence them.

I wouldn't count on a PC version, at least not from Vicarious Visions.  They're notorious for not porting to PC.  However Beenox and Aspyr often port console games to PC after they're released on consoles, so I wouldn't give up all hope.  I just wouldn't expect to see a port the same day it's released on consoles.

I do really hope they port it to the PC but I'm not sure if they will - I've got a 360 anyway so I can play it but on PC would be cool too.
:gambit: :jubilee: :iceman: :storm: :wolverine: :nightcrawler2: :mystique: :cyclops: :colossus: :dazzler: :polaris: :havok:  :beast: :shadowcat2: :phoenix: :emmafrost: :cable: :blob:
X-Men - best supehero team ever!

Quote from: Dihan on March 08, 2009, 11:24AM
I'll probably get it for the 360.

I just hope there isn't a ton of exclusive characters for each console.

Except you have to figure that MUA2 will eventually do what MUA1 did, and port most of the "exclusive" characters over using Xbox Live.