PS3/360 (Vicarious Visions' version) talk and Official News [renamed]

Started by jonchang, July 25, 2008, 03:31AM

Previous topic - Next topic
This means that there will be 25 characters. It's the same thing as all those furniture store commercials saying "Under £500!" when it is actually just £499.99.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

Oh, well 25 is better than 24 anyday.

It's still not impressive, though.  I really expected them to have quite a bit more than MUA1, like a total of 30-40 characters.  If it's under 30 before any DLC I'll be less-than-impressed with the roster.  Especially with characters like Songbird in there.  I mean Songbird?  Really?  I could see her as a DLC character, but not one that comes with the game.  Give me the iconic Marvel characters, not some b-grade characters.

I concur whole-heartedly. Especially when you can easily list over 30 iconic characters with relative ease.

Oh yeah, within seconds you could come up with 30 VERY iconic characters.  Now, that being said not everyone would say they love X or Y character, but they'd agree they're iconic.

B-Grade characters/characters with a specific fan base should be left to DLC.  For example I'd much rather have Cyclops or Gambit in the roster instead of Songbird rather than having to pay to download them later.  Make Songbird DLC, that way I don't have to get her.  Still, it's good business.  Save some heavy hitters for DLC and everyone'll buy the content.

They probably added Songbird because she's a popular Thunderbolt member. I myself was hoping for her to be in the roster, but only cause it is inevitable that the Thunderbolts will be in.

I'm of the opinion that after Spider-Man, Hulk, Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Wolverine, Daredevil, Punisher and the Fantastic Four (and maybe Cyclops and Storm), everyone else is just gravy. I mean, those are Marvel's A-listers, and as much as I like someone like Gambit, for example, he's only popular between a specific generation of fans (those of us who grew up in the 90's).

In the official boards, there are a lot of people who were happy with Songbird getting in, because that means there'll probably be a post-Civil War Thunderbolts team, a book that was both popular and really good, based by the ratings at IGN.

My point is that maybe Songbird is this generation's Psylocke or Colossus, a character that is mainly popular because she's part of a extremely popular team (with all due respect to those who may consider I'm demeaning Psylocke or Colossus).

Quote from: Gevth on March 18, 2009, 07:45AM
I'm of the opinion that after Spider-Man, Hulk, Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Wolverine, Daredevil, Punisher and the Fantastic Four (and maybe Cyclops and Storm), everyone else is just gravy. I mean, those are Marvel's A-listers, and as much as I like someone like Gambit, for example, he's only popular between a specific generation of fans (those of us who grew up in the 90's).

In the official boards, there are a lot of people who were happy with Songbird getting in, because that means there'll probably be a post-Civil War Thunderbolts team, a book that was both popular and really good, based by the ratings at IGN.

My point is that maybe Songbird is this generation's Psylocke or Colossus, a character that is mainly popular because she's part of a extremely popular team (with all due respect to those who may consider I'm demeaning Psylocke or Colossus).

Good point

QuoteOh yeah, within seconds you could come up with 30 VERY iconic characters.  Now, that being said not everyone would say they love X or Y character, but they'd agree they're iconic.

I think I'll do that, but not 30, I'm gonna put every character I think is important enough to be in a game such as this, the core of Marvel Comics (all far more important than Songbird).

Avengers: Captain America, Scarlet Witch, She-Hulk, Wonder Man, Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Iron Man, Falcon, Quicksilver, Black Panther, Vision, Miss Marvel, Hank Pym, Wasp, Hercules

Fantastic Four: Human Torch, Mister Fantastic, The Thing, Invisible Woman

X-Men: Cyclops, Jean, Iceman, Cable, Angel, Beast, Storm, Colossus, Bishop, Jubilee, Nightcrawler, Wolverine, Psylocke, Shadowcat, Rogue, Gambit, Prof. X, Emma Frost

Defenders: Doctor Strange, Namor, Hulk, Silver Surfer

Others: Blackbolt, Adam Warlock, Quasar, Moonknight, Spider-Man, Spider-Woman, Ghost Rider, Shang-Chi, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Sentry, Captain Marvel, Daredevil, Elektra, Deadpool, Black Cat, Punisher, Nick Fury

Marvel probably wouldn't exist without these characters, and the list didn't even include villians.
My Releases - http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.0

"Beneath this mask there are ideals and ideals are bulletproof."

Yeah, but I could easily take of about 10-12 names off that list that non-Marvel comics readers wouldn't know.  There were certainly that many I didn't know before I started playing MUA.

you're right, but if you get too rigid with this rule...my parents hadn't hear of Iron Man until the movie came out.
My Releases - http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.0

"Beneath this mask there are ideals and ideals are bulletproof."

OMG, i just saw this picture, and tell me if you guys think that it is jean/phoenix costume, that ironmam is fireing at? sorry, the pic isnt that big
http://www.toddcountry.com/ebay/ultimate_alliance_2_screen.jpg

It's Spider-Man jumping.

IS IT!? looks like phoenix to me?!? huh...well i was wrong!

It's Spider-Man doing the split-jump-and-web thing that he does. It's definitely not the Phoenix.