PS3/360 (Vicarious Visions' version) talk and Official News [renamed]

Started by jonchang, July 25, 2008, 03:31AM

Previous topic - Next topic
deos anyone else know who Human Torch, Hulk and Captain America are fighting on the MUA2 homepage??

February 18, 2009, 03:54PM #76 Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 03:57PM by Gevth
There is a strong rumor circulating in the official site, that Psylocke is going to be playable.

The base for it is that the MUA1 site moderator (Kalina) has stated that his/her favourite character is in MUA2, and apparently that character is Psylocke, according to the people who were part of the MUA1 forums.

It's still a rumor, but I'm willing to give this one more credibility than to the most of them.

EDIT:

Here's what Kalina wrote, by the way:
Quote from: Kalina" date="1233732178Hey guys - this is Kalina.  :-) 

Like Alex said, I'm still around and involved in MUA2.  I'll drop in every now and then, but it's Alex you will be hearing from regularly and trust me, you are in good hands!  Alex can give you insight straight from the developer, and he's promised me that he's going to drop in some concept art from time to time so that you can get the real behind-the-scenes look at MUA2, and in some cases, see if you can figure out who the characters are.  Might not be so obvious from the start...

I can tell you this, I'm pretty excited about this sequel to MUA.  There's going to be tons of news in the coming weeks and months, starting with two new characters being revealed at New York Comic Con.  What else can I tell you?  Let's see...

- There are definitely going to be some new playable characters that have never been playable in MUA before.  Stay tuned to Alex on that...

- I'm excited to say my *favorite* Marvel character of all time is in MUA2! I've been pushing to get this character in the game ever since MUA1, and the great thing is that the MUA1 VIPs helped me out because this is a character you voted for on the original MUA community site.  You'll find out who that character is at or before San Diego Comic Con...

- There's some stuff in MUA2 that's all new and is going to take the game to the next level I think.  Keep an eye out later this week for a brand new trailer that is going to show you a little flavor of what I'm talking about.

- If anyone figures out one of the two characters we are going to reveal at New York Comic Con, and comes to New York Comic Con as that character, we are going to give you a special prize (seriously, think a game signed by Stan Lee or something cool like that). We'll be in booth 1331.

That's it from me.  I might drop in from time to time, but until then, I leave you in VERY good hands with Alex! 

Yours,

Kalina

I recall Psylocke being an option on a poll on the MUA1 website and she got a significant portion of the votes.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

February 18, 2009, 07:02PM #78 Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 07:06PM by haydnc95
I hope she is playble! how many girls are there now, Storm, Invis Woman, Maria Hill(mybe) Dagger(mybe) Black widow(mybe) Psylocke(mybe) She-Hulk(mybe)
is that it!?!

Quote from: haydnc95 on February 18, 2009, 07:02PM
I hope she is playble! how many girls are there now, Storm, Invis Woman, Maria Hill(mybe) Dagger(mybe) Black widow(mybe) Psylocke(mybe) She-Hulk(mybe)
is that it!?!

Maybe :)

I have no powers, my body cannot fly. But I no longer mind, for in my heart and soul -- where it truly matters -- I soar higher than the stars!

i hope they enounce more females! we need more! maybe ms.marvel or elektra!
and noone has answered my other question?

Yeah like elektra, ms marvel, jean grey, psylocke, she-hulk, black widow, black cat, and spider-woman.

March 17, 2009, 12:36PM #83 Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 12:57PM by Chikesnit
songbird joins playables in mua 2?
Life's a beach, and then you drown.

INDEED SHE DOES!!

Get ready to sing a happy song, Marvel gaming gurus, as Thunderbolts veteran Songbird will be available as a playable character in Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 when the hotly-anticipated new video game hits consoles this fall.
http://www.marvel.com/comics/onsale/lib/view2.htm?filename=/i/content/st/7257new_storyimage7317082_full.jpg

COPY AND PASTED FROM MARVEL.COM

So apparently, Iron Man and Songbird's fusion will have Songbird creating a prism with her powers and Iron Man shooting through it, having the ray refracted in all directions.

Also, it's curious that in the Marvel.com article they say:
Songbird marks the 14th character revealed from what will be a cast of over 24 playable Marvel heroes.

Quote from: Gevth on March 17, 2009, 05:50PM
So apparently, Iron Man and Songbird's fusion will have Songbird creating a prism with her powers and Iron Man shooting through it, having the ray refracted in all directions.

Also, it's curious that in the Marvel.com article they say:
Songbird marks the 14th character revealed from what will be a cast of over 24 playable Marvel heroes.

On the MUAII offical site, Venom and Green Goblin haven't been confirmed, as they aren't on the trailer and they aren't on the list of characters. But with Songbird confirmed I'm sure that these two are also in it. The site will probably confirm them later on, because even though Mr. Fantastic and Storm were confirmed originally, the site officialy confirmed them after the comic-con. I'm guessing that maybe they haven't been started on or the game's makers don't want anybody to see them yet.

The curious part is the "over 24 playable Marvel heroes". That's a really strange and specific number.  Why not "over 20", or another round number? Did they choose that one just because they wanted to disprove all the rumours of only 24 characters that have been circulating since last year's E3?

Oh I'm sorry for misunderstanding you. I think this confirms that the 24 characters don't include unlockables. That's good news for us then.