PS3/360 (Vicarious Visions' version) talk and Official News [renamed]

Started by jonchang, July 25, 2008, 03:31AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just to point something out:

Vicarious Visions is only making the 360 and PS3 versions so I expect it to be a repeat of Wolverine Origins - we get all the news for those two versions and absolutely nothing on the rest. I know that the Wii version of Wolverine Origins is a completely different game to the 360 and PS3 versions so I suspect the same will be true for MUA2 and PS2, Wii, DS and PSP.

In short:

If you don't own a 360 or PS3 don't expect to be playing the game you've been following for all this time.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

May 26, 2009, 05:36PM #212 Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 06:10PM by piutebob
Oh, well, it's not for PC anyways...

I've bought the Wii version of Wolv. Orgi. last week, and after playing the game I saw a review of the X360 version on the telly. Indeed a completely different game, and I'm not talking about graphics, but also controls and levels (story-wise).

I guess VV focus on the newest-gen consoles to promote their qualities like "looky me, I made a bad*ss game for the latest gen-consoles". At least, that's the impression I get.

I would say it's more of a "It costs tens of millions of dollars to make this game, and we don't have enough money or time to develop for all platforms ourselves, so lets call in some friends to help us out."

Quote from: BLaw on May 27, 2009, 01:05AM
I guess VV focus on the newest-gen consoles to promote their qualities like "looky me, I made a bad*ss game for the latest gen-consoles". At least, that's the impression I get.

depends on if the story is better or not i think. i bought Splinter Cell: Double Agent for PS2, my friend bought it for X-Box 360. I learned that in order to make the graphics super hi-tech on the 360, parts of the story were cut out. so half of the game didnt make sense. But the PS2 version kept it, making it a better game IMO :)

Still, that was at the beginning of the 360's life, so they didn't know what they were getting into.

Quote from: Dihan on May 26, 2009, 04:32PM
Vicarious Visions is only making the 360 and PS3 versions so I expect it to be a repeat of Wolverine Origins - we get all the news for those two versions and absolutely nothing on the rest. I know that the Wii version of Wolverine Origins is a completely different game to the 360 and PS3 versions so I suspect the same will be true for MUA2 and PS2, Wii, DS and PSP.

In short:

If you don't own a 360 or PS3 don't expect to be playing the game you've been following for all this time.
This isn't necessarily true.
I have MUA1 for the PS3, PS2, (both of which were by Raven) and PSP, (which was by Vicarious Visions) and they were all - essentially - the same game, only the PS3 had shinier graphics, and the PSP had a few more characters.
Layla Miller is love.

May 27, 2009, 05:24PM #218 Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 09:51PM by Venom
Just read that MUA2 will be on Activisions list of games to present at E3 so hoefully we get alot more good info about game.

Edit: On the Official site under pre-order, it says you get Juggernaut (only available with pre-order) and MUA2 VIP membership.
So we better all grab VIP membership when that section of the site is up.

Yeah, and the bios are damn excellent!

Also, Venom in this game is Mac Gargan, the former Scorpion! Let's hope he has some unique moves.
CosmoChakra's mods !

Skins of HULK,PUNISHER,LUKE CAGE so far!!!

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3114.0

looks good.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Quote from: CosmoChakra on June 03, 2009, 12:08PM
Yeah, and the bios are damn excellent!

Also, Venom in this game is Mac Gargan, the former Scorpion! Let's hope he has some unique moves.

I much prefer Eddie Brock as Venom. I hate Mac Gargan and honestly I can't wait till he dies in the comics. No offense to you Mac Gargan fans. Nice to see Eddie though as Anti-Venom in the comics. It would be a cool alternate skin for Venom in the game. The Invisible Woman flying in the mural also gives hope that in the game she can fly.

June 03, 2009, 02:32PM #224 Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 02:49PM by Dihan
I'm watching the Gamespot preview of MUA2 with actual gameplay footage. I've noticed something very evident:

Juggernaut uses the exact same animations for his grab smash as Colossus and the Hulk. The one where he grabs an enemy and uses them as a weapon.

Identical.

EDIT: It just finished.

Some things: They showed the beginning and they had Juggernaut, Storm, Captain America and Songbird playable. Two fusions were shown: Captain America reflecting lightning off his shield and Juggernaut running around in a pink spiked hamster ball. The game is very zoomed out - it may be a bit difficult to tell where everything is but that may have been the low quality of the stream.

The first boss is Deadpool. Once he's beaten he offers to join your team at which point you have different responses.

The trailer for Green Goblin was shown. He looks quite cool.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.