PS3/360 (Vicarious Visions' version) talk and Official News [renamed]

Started by jonchang, July 25, 2008, 03:31AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: marvelfan12345 on July 30, 2009, 07:20PM
And DD is actually very popular. There is a reason he had a movie, and is often shown on marvel merchandise.
but the movie was really not that good. take iron man, he's a popular character, and his movie was good, even spiderman's movies haven't reached dd's level

July 30, 2009, 09:01PM #556 Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 09:25PM by nodoubt_jr
Quote from: deedooo on July 30, 2009, 08:31PM
but the movie was really not that good. take iron man, he's a popular character, and his movie was good, even spiderman's movies haven't reached dd's level

the movie was sh*t, but it doesnt take away from the fact that he is a classic and popular character.

Im kind of done worrying about who is going to make it into the roster as they have already said DLC is a definete yes, so if they dont make it straight away they may be dlc. But i do love reading about which characters you guys want :)
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Quote from: nodoubt_jr on July 30, 2009, 09:01PM
the movie was sh*t, but it doesnt take away from the fact that he is a classica and popular character.
never said he wasn't a classic and popular character just saying you can't judge comic characters by their movies.
(most cases anyways. see, then there's blade...)

Quote from: marvelfan12345 on July 30, 2009, 07:20PM
To create a Thunderbolts team and she was popular in that. Luke Cage is very popular nowadays which is a main reason why he is in. And DD is actually very popular. There is a reason he had a movie, and is often shown on marvel merchandise.

I've seen loads of people complaining on the official forums that Luke Cage is playable and that Daredevil is playable. You know who else have had movies? Ghost Rider (one of the ones you said wasn't popular) and Howard the Duck.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

Luke Cage im pretty sure is still leading the who you wont play as thread.

Quote from: Venom on July 31, 2009, 02:43AM
Luke Cage im pretty sure is still leading the who you wont play as thread.

Quote from: Dihan on July 31, 2009, 12:38AM
I've seen loads of people complaining on the official forums that Luke Cage is playable and that Daredevil is playable. You know who else have had movies? Ghost Rider (one of the ones you said wasn't popular) and Howard the Duck.

Agree, I'm one of those people. I don't see them as "popular", I think that both were included just because the plot of the game (DD and Cage are important to the Civil war), like the Cap, and Ironman. With the difference that the Cap and Ironman are really popular.
Both were (for me) totally useless and probably the most dissapointing characters in the first MUA (especially Cage). I don't now about you, but DD and Cage (along Nick Fury) were the first characters that I replaced with mods.
I can think in a lot of characters who could take their places in the new game, like Emma Frost, Moonstone, Hawkeye and Psylocke, who are more popular and has a strong fan base supporting them in the offcial forums.
Iceman is not my favorite, but I can understand why he's one of the final characters: he REALLY has unique powers and has a strong fan base to be considered. And Ms Marvel is really popular and has cool powers.
I think that both are a "pro" to the game. So I won't complain about it.

And for the movies, also Doctor Strange has his own movie.

:emmafrost:
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

Daredevil will always be included in these games. He's in the border of Marvel's A and B list, that is, he's the last A lister or the first B one. And he's a Stan Lee creation. Frank Miller's run on the book is still considered one of the best writing in comics.

Luke Cage's is really being pushed by Marvel. There's an interview for the first MUA where they say that Marvel insisted on having him in the game (which I'm guessing explains why he's got Powerman icons, I believe they weren't aware of his newest look).

Guh, Daredevil?! He wasn't awful in MUA1, but there would be so many other characters I'd like to see. I even liked DD's comic book mission, it was so different and character-wise. (At least with the fact that there was all dark in it)

Still I'd rather see someone like Iceman or Nightcrawler instead of Daredevil.
Trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it's broken, but you can still see the crack on that motherf*cker's reflection
My Mods for XML2: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3018.0

First of all: count me in for Moon Knight, because I like him too. Luke is just cool. Many Marvel character has it's own movie, which s*cks. And I would rather see Iceman or Nightcrawler playable instead of Daredevil too.

Moon Knight should be DLC, simply for the fact that I would pay extra money for him.  Give me a character I like so-so rather than give me so-so characters as DLC, otherwise you don't get my DLC money.

Well Cage has been a leading guy of Marvel nowadays like Ms. Marvel. Both were not that popular back in the 70s. I think Ghost Rider was popular in the 70s-90s but his popularity downed in the 2000s. I find no needs for Moon Knight or Nightcrawler cause of Gambit and Deadpool. Others may differ with that but that is my opinion. I love the roster right now cause you need Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Spidey, Wolverine, FF, Storm, and DD cause they always have been a big part of marvel. Cage cause he is a leading guy of Marvel nowadays and then Venom and Goblin cause they are part of the Thunderbolts and already very popular and well-liked villains so they made sense. Songbird cause we need the female Thunderbolt, the good Thunderbolt, and she is very unique and so many people have already really wanted to play as her on the MUAII forums. Iron Fist cause he is a little more popular than when MUAI came out and VV guessed that Cage would be liked more if his old partner was back. Deadpool cause he is so popular with a huge fanbase plus you get a teleporter, a gun character, plus with swords. Gambit is very popular and has another huge fanbase and his role in Wolverne Origins the Movie really helped him. Then Jean is one of the heart and soul of the X-Men, has a huge fanbase, very unique with psychic and fiery powers and she was said to be the most asked for and wanted character and she was said to be ironically a character who would have been in the game from the beginning no matter what. Ms. Marvel is very popular right now and is one of Marvel's leading ladies while Penance had a huge role in Civil War and completes the Thunderbolts. I love how Juggs is an exclusive cause he is kind of obscure so many people won't care he is an exclusive for a console they don't have. Many people said he should have been replaced by Psylocke but I disagree as she is very wanted and that wouldn't be good for her to be an exclusive. I hope other exclusives include Moon Knight, Blade, Ghost Rider, etc.

I think Deadpool and Nightcrawler are not the same. Oh no they aren't. Deadpool is more of a shooter and Nightcrawler works with swords. I know that Deadpool has swords too though. AND Deadpool is a merc with a mouth, while Nightcrawler is calm, religious german.

Also the same with Moon Knight and Gambit, Gambit has all those card throw things. And Moon knight, well I'm not very familiar with that character but regarding from him in MUA he works more with staff.
Trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it's broken, but you can still see the crack on that motherf*cker's reflection
My Mods for XML2: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3018.0

Tbh when I bought MUA I did not know who Luke Cage was. I did know who Iron Fist was...

@ TC: I saw it coming.

I didn't know Cage, Spider-Woman, Elektra, DD, Moon Knight, Ghost Rider, Blade, Iron Fist or anyone. I only knew like the FF (including Silver Surfer and Black Panther), X-Men, and classic Avengers.

Moon Knight is more like Batman than Gambit. The only similarity between Moon Knight and Gambit is they both throw an object and they have a quarterstaff.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.