PS3/360 (Vicarious Visions' version) talk and Official News [renamed]

Started by jonchang, July 25, 2008, 03:31AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: marvelfan12345 on September 05, 2009, 10:04AM
Guys if anyone (I mean you Dihan since I know you are in UK) get the strategy guide don't post scans or at least pm then if you must. It gives an instant ban on Hero Hq so you have been warned.

Why me? Strategy guides are a waste of good money. I don't even know if I'm going to get the game at all, so where do you get off giving me a warning?
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

IMO it was something worth discussing, we dont want people to not post important news here because they are afraid they may get banned over there.  But yes this is not the place to discuss this as its not "official", so back on topic.

I kind of like Penance's alternate skin, Speedball would have been cool but i dont think it would work with his current powerset. It looks cool to me. Lol poor guy is going to be running around without shoes.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Quote from: Dihan on September 05, 2009, 01:04PM
Why me? Strategy guides are a waste of good money. I don't even know if I'm going to get the game at all, so where do you get off giving me a warning?

The strategy guide is in Uk and u r in UK.

News Lad has said that they hadn't even finished writing it. Again, why would I get a strategy guide when they're a complete waste of money and I probably won't even get the game?

Some other interesting things I noticed about the Wii version:

• The minimap looks exactly the same.  Those red X's are an exact copy
  • All eight characters shown in the video have at least some of the same animations from MUA1
  • The little arrow over during the "use turret" sequence is the same
  • Objectives are shown in the 100% exact same style, just with a different font
  • The enemy health HUD looks the same, just a different border
  • The little mini-cutscenes move in the exact same manner as MUA1
  • Some of the effects used are 100% the same
  • The health/power orbs are the same
The more I look at this the more I'm hopeful that the Wii/PS2/PSP versions use the same Alchemy version they did in MUA1, as it really looks like they didn't change the engine much at all, just a few gameplay mechanics here and there.

And they will be using MUA and XML powers it seems

Yep, looks like it.

Man, I hope that at least the PS2 version uses Alchemy 3.2.  I'd be ecstatic if I could use a couple'a MUA2 characters in the Xbox MUA1 mod, not to mention XML2.  The good thing is that if it used 3.5 or lower we could port part of the game to MUA1PC.  We don't have even 1/4 of the manpower we'd need to do the whole game, but it would be fun to play around with.

Quote from: Teancum on September 05, 2009, 02:41PM
Yep, looks like it.

Man, I hope that at least the PS2 version uses Alchemy 3.2.  I'd be ecstatic if I could use a couple'a MUA2 characters in the Xbox MUA1 mod, not to mention XML2.  The good thing is that if it used 3.5 or lower we could port part of the game to MUA1PC.  We don't have even 1/4 of the manpower we'd need to do the whole game, but it would be fun to play around with.

Im more excited about this than the actual game being out. I really hope that the skins and skeletons work in XML2, but if they dont i hope that they at least work in MUA1. I may start modding MUA1 if this is possible.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0

And I'm hoping a certain archer will at least be a NPC ally in MUA2 so we can do a more fitting mod for him.  Nonetheless I'll be upgrading most MUA1 Xbox characters where I can, and dropping in Venom at bare minimum.  Looks like before too long I'm going to have to learn how to crack the 27 character limit in some way.

Quote from: Teancum on September 05, 2009, 02:41PM
Yep, looks like it.

Well I'm back so we have more manpower.  We did lose BliZZ though it looks like.  But me and him were working on the original XML->XML2 and the XML->MUA project along with you, so at least I have some experience porting.  I'm honestly just more or less looking forward to new effects from MUA2, and maybe a few new models.  As for porting the whole game I don't know if I want to do that just yet, I'd honestly rather get back to XML1 and port the entirety of XML1 + XML2 to MUA's game engine.  But that was a hell of a long project and an uphill battle at best.  :runaway:

We'll figure out how to crack MUA's limits at some point in time.  I'll get back to trying to work the .exe in the future once I finish Emma, Rogue, Gambit, and updating Psylocke.  Before I get the character limit done I want to figure out a way to port the handler for Power Theft over to MUA, or at least come up with a script that will work in it's place.  I refuse to accept defeat and I *WILL* get Rogue's Power Theft working in MUA some how.  *shakes fist at MUA*
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

I don't think it is possible to port XML to the game as their was a project lead by Teancum but it got abandoned. Also all effects and powers for PS2 will already be from XML and MUA so that won't be new only the new characters.

Anyway lets get back on topic

Some models may be the same, but im sure there be plenty of models, effects, skeletons, etc that will be completly new. Then theres npc's and maps. We could do a lot with that stuff if it does work in MUA1.

Quote from: marvelfan12345 on September 05, 2009, 04:13PM
I don't think it is possible to port XML to the game as their was a project lead by Teancum but it got abandoned. Also all effects and powers for PS2 will already be from XML and MUA so that won't be new only the new characters.

Anyway lets get back on topic

Yeah, I started the project.  I know about it.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

I'm looking forward to seeing if Songbird's wing effects will work in MUA1. If they do then that can be an option for a Pixie mod that I'll eventually make.