PS3/360 (Vicarious Visions' version) talk and Official News [renamed]

Started by jonchang, July 25, 2008, 03:31AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Teancum on September 09, 2009, 05:38PM
Ok then, comparison time:

COMIC Sue Storm.  Note the skin tone, facial shape, hair color, etc.

VICARIOUS VISIONS Sue Storm.  Pale skin (even with the blue tones from her powers), a huge flat nose, huge wide eyes, hair from 1987, and her face looks like she's 40 years old, trying to look 20.  She's got huge man hands to boot (and it's not just the angle of the screen)

Do you expect everything to be perfect? Yes she does look a little weird but still great.

Yes, I do actually.  Given the quality of everything else it seems pretty sub-standard to do such a bad job with faces.  Frankly the face and hair are far below industry standards nowadays.  When they can't get some of the most important details right they didn't do their job.

September 09, 2009, 06:49PM #1307 Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 06:52PM by marvelfan12345
Still I think you are expecting to much for absolute perfecty.

That's like me expecting you to do a perfect job on Black Cat's mod with no future updates cause she is perfect, and if she isn't I would come barging in your thread complaining and calling you an amateur modder for her not being perfect.

So I do think you are expecting too much. Do I admit the game could be better yes. Did they do all they could probably not, but I don't expect complete perfection. No one is perfect including me and you. Well except God but I don't want to go to religious matters

Sorry if I sound rude or harsh. I just don't see how you expect them to be completely perfect.

Anyway it seems IW is levitating which gives hope that she doesn't fly but levitate. Same thing I know but they said she can't fly not levitate.

September 09, 2009, 06:51PM #1308 Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 07:28PM by whiteking
Quote from: Teancum on September 09, 2009, 06:44PM
Yes, I do actually.  Given the quality of everything else it seems pretty sub-standard to do such a bad job with faces.  Frankly the face and hair are far below industry standards nowadays.  When they can't get some of the most important details right they didn't do their job.

Agree, when you have the technology and the talent you can create amazing models, with decent hair and excellent proportions, (body, faces)
Have you ever seeing the characters of Soul Calibur 4 or Street Fighter 4? I think that all the women (and the men too) of those games looks fantastic, and I don't think that they used strange software and unique tecnology different than the one who was used by VV, especially since both games are for the same consoles than MUA2.
I don't want the same models, but are good examples of what you can make this days.
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

marvelfan123435, I don't really think teancum expects perfection. I think he's just disappointed like me. If the character design looked like MUA 1, I wouldn't be as disappointed. And since it's a sequel, I think it's fair to expect better instead of worse. An evolution.

We all agree MUA 1 isn't perfect, otherwise we wouldn't have this community dedicated to modifying it. But you don't see people complaining all the time.

I guess most of us just agree that the art in MUA 1 is better.
My Releases - http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.0

"Beneath this mask there are ideals and ideals are bulletproof."

i agree with that, but people are going into the nitty gritty details when you will probably be seeing these characters from a bird's eye view, not always close up like the screenies (unless gevth get's his hands on this game's codes too), so small details arn't always going to be a big thing. that's my 2 cents worth, anyways.

Quote from: marvelfan12345 on September 09, 2009, 06:49PMSorry if I sound rude or harsh. I just don't see how you expect them to be completely perfect.

Because it happens every single day with next-gen games.  Look at Halo 3, look at Gears of War, look at God of War, look at Infamous, Modern Warfare 2, etc.  And clearly they have the skills.  When you look at other models, or even parts of the same model you can see that the skill is there, they simply did not follow through.  That means for any cutscenes or conversations you'll see all of those imperfections.  I could be a lot more forgiving if there weren't any close ups, but there are.  Frankly most of the problem in my opinion is that these guys haven't done anything but port games and develop DS/Game Boy Advance games in the last five years - they've just never tackled anything like this.

Quote from: marvelfan12345 on September 09, 2009, 06:49PM
That's like me expecting you to do a perfect job on Black Cat's mod with no future updates cause she is perfect, and if she isn't I would come barging in your thread complaining and calling you an amateur modder for her not being perfect.

No its not the same thing, we work with what we have.  They have all the tools needed to make the game perfect, to redo and redo whatever they want, shot they can do all new tools and redo the whole game to make it perfect.  So no sorry this point is way off.

It doesnt have to be perfect, but it shouldnt be worse than the first game.  For the most part MUA1 models were great, except for a couple they were mostly great, and even if they werent at least we had four to choose from.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

totally. I mean, it's their job, they're pros and fans like us will pay loads of money to have this game. We have the right to demand quality.

Unlike here, where most of us are amateurs and have a very limited access to everything. Still some people here are so good that they manage to make stuff as good as or even better than the original game for free and on our spare time.
My Releases - http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.0

"Beneath this mask there are ideals and ideals are bulletproof."

A couple of things:
Sue looks pale because of the lightning of the effects. VV just don't know how to take good in-game pictures.
I don't like coming to this topic and find a whole page with no news.
Please, maintain rationality and don't let this site be like most others, where there are mostly 2 kind of people: the "this game is going to suck", and the VV legionares. I'd like to think the people here will at least rent the game (or at the very least read reviews) before making a judgment on how good this game is.

though the second one looks like a polly pocket the first looks like she's drunk

Quote from: deedooo on September 09, 2009, 08:58PM
though the second one looks like a polly pocket the first looks like she's drunk

That's because unfortunately, Teancum used a picture of one of the worst "artist" on Marvel, but is supposed that Susan Storm is one of the most beautiful women in Marvel, and her MUA2 version doesn't reflect that.
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

Quote from: whiteking on September 09, 2009, 06:51PM
Agree, when you have the technology and the talent you can create amazing models, with decent hair and excellent proportions, (body, faces)
Have you ever seeing the characters of Soul Calibur 4 or Street Fighter 4? I think that all the women (and the men too) of those games looks fantastic, and I don't think that they used strange software and unique tecnology different than the one who was used by VV, especially since both games are for the same consoles than MUA2.
I don't want the same models, but are good examples of what you can make this days.
Don't forget how many models they had to do. Almost 50 only for the playable characters. And the game is mostly bird's-eye perspective. You can't compare this with Soul Calibur 4 or Street Fighter 4.
My mods:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3187.0
My mods in progress:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3773.0
No time for modding at the moment, sorry.