PS3/360 (Vicarious Visions' version) talk and Official News [renamed]

Started by jonchang, July 25, 2008, 03:31AM

Previous topic - Next topic
September 09, 2009, 11:38PM #1320 Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 12:07AM by whiteking
Quote from: Larcetin-32 on September 09, 2009, 11:02PM
Don't forget how many models they had to do. Almost 50 only for the playable characters. And the game is mostly bird's-eye perspective. You can't compare this with Soul Calibur 4 or Street Fighter 4.

I'm not comparing, I'm just saying that in these days you can make better models. Even if your Game will be bird's-eye perspective.
I'm sorry but the models for the characters of this game really disappoints me, especially since they could have been better...

Quote from: nodoubt_jr on September 09, 2009, 08:10PM
It doesnt have to be perfect, but it shouldnt be worse than the first game.
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

September 10, 2009, 02:06AM #1321 Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 03:12AM by Burning Rage
Quote from: whiteking on September 09, 2009, 09:13PM
That's because unfortunately, Teancum used a picture of one of the worst "artist" on Marvel, but is supposed that Susan Storm is one of the most beautiful women in Marvel, and her MUA2 version doesn't reflect that.

Neither does her MUA1 version, but at least the models looked better than this garbage.  Sue looks like trash in her alternate uniform.  I do have to admit though, at least VV is showing consistency in their suck.  *claps*

Don't forget how many models they had to do. Almost 50 only for the playable characters. And the game is mostly bird's-eye perspective. You can't compare this with Soul Calibur 4 or Street Fighter 4.

So?  Who cares how many models they had to do?  Raven pulled it off no problem.  I think the models in MUA1 look better than the ones in MUA2 so far, and Raven did MORE than VV did because they did 4 per character, not just 2.  There's just no excuse for them being as awful as they are, especially when technology is getting BETTER and their work is getting WORSE.

If I'm going to pay top dollar for a game I want top dollar quality to go with it.  Otherwise there's no point in buying it for $60.  Now if there were a few changes then I would throw $60 out for the game, if nothing else, just to show support to the company for a good product and a job well done.  Hell, I own 2 copies of MUA and XML2, and a copy of XML1.  I bought them when they first came out too.  Why?  Raven did a damn good job with their games and they deserve the support.  So far VV doesn't look like they do, they've done a bang up job at making this game look like a pile of crap.  I understand people put time in to this game, and I feel very sorry for the programmers.  I'm sure they did an awesome job.  However, the art side of it screwed up the game for everyone.  That's a shame, because I had high hopes for this game and suddenly I don't even want to get it at all.  Not even the PS2 version for ripping models for MUA1 mods.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

I LOVE IT!!!Im never gonna use her first one now that i saw this one!
My deviant art page!!!
$$$ http://sabrerine911.deviantart.com/ $$$

I agree with everything Burning Rage and Teancum has said. Raven > VV by a long shot. I can see the reviews for MUA2 going south because of all the steps back compared to the last few games.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

She looks like one of those women you see that dress like they are a slutty 17 year old, but are clearly 40.

Indeed. Also the reference pic ain't bad.. The MUA2 version is. Reference looks like a rockstar, which is a cool look. MUA2 looks like more like a.. how should I call it.. "Kim Holland" (in our country)

I expected better work from them.

Well, all of you guys just saying, this is bad and that is bad, but VV made a lots of new things, since MUA. The Alchemy engine has been upgraded in several ways, including Havok physics technology, a new 3D sound system and syncing character's lips to dialogue. I think I'm happier with fewer skins, if they made the gameplay better. For me, MUA 2 will be awesome. On every console.

September 10, 2009, 04:52AM #1327 Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 04:56AM by Larcetin-32
Quote from: Iron Fist and Deadpool on September 10, 2009, 04:39AM
Well, all of you guys just saying, this is bad and that is bad, but VV made a lots of new things, since MUA. The Alchemy engine has been upgraded in several ways, including Havok physics technology, a new 3D sound system and syncing character's lips to dialogue. I think I'm happier with fewer skins, if they made the gameplay better. For me, MUA 2 will be awesome. On every console.

True. If Raven made MUA2, they would have reused everything. But I want to play MUA2, not MUA1 with a new story.
And I wouldn't enframe the IW pic and nail it onto my wall, but I think it's OK.
My mods:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3187.0
My mods in progress:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3773.0
No time for modding at the moment, sorry.

Quote from: Iron Fist and Deadpool on September 10, 2009, 04:39AMThe Alchemy engine has been upgraded in several ways, including Havok physics technology, a new 3D sound system and syncing character's lips to dialogue.

:laugh: - direct quote from Wikipedia :P

I'm not saying the game won't be fun.  It just won't be epic, which is what everyone's expecting given the previous game, amount of hype, and quality of some of the in-game models.  I'll rent it and have fun, and if it's actually good and has great DLC I'll probably get it used after the price drops.  But I'm not going to hide my disappointment, that's just stupid.  It's been built up by the press and VV to essentially be a MUA1 killer, so I'm judging it against that.  In my mind MUA1 was around 9.5/10.  So far MUA2 has a running score of ~8.0/10 in my world.  Gameplay and DLC had better be awesome if they want to live up to expectations.  Truthfully I think they just bit off more than they can chew.  This is their first next-gen game (aside from Wii games, but 1) they were all ports, and 2) the Wii is literally just a Gamecube with more horsepower and a Wiimote) and both fans and generic gamers alike expect the very best out of it.  Maybe if VV had done a few next-gen games it would've been better for them, but in the end I just don't think they're experienced enough to pull off what we expect.

Long story short:  This game will be fun, but not awesome.  That's the problem.  They just aren't living up to expectation for whatever reason.

Quote from: Iron Fist and Deadpool on September 10, 2009, 04:39AM

VV hasn't made anything. The Havok engine has existed for ages. The technology for lip synching and 3D sound has existed for ages. You can count the additions they've made on one hand and the stuff they've changed needlessly on two.

There's no need to fix what isn't broken.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

Yes they made. Changes since MUA. I don't care if the technology they use existed already, but it is new, since MUA. So for me, they made something. I just can't wait, to play it. BTW, they will be making downloadable skins, right? I hope I remember well, because that would make the game even better (for those, who have problems with the skins).

September 10, 2009, 05:33AM #1331 Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 05:35AM by Nowhere Man
Street Fighter 4 has 19 characters, all with alternative skin, so it's almost 40 models. I really don't think that the amount of characters justifies. Think of how many skins people do here. We're not talking bout half a dozen guys developing a game in a basement. We're talking about an industry that makes more money a year than the movie industry. Us fans complaining about the comicbook movies is totally commomplace and that's good cause the makers work harder to please us. Same thing with the game. We're the ones they have to please! Of we don't demand quality, who will?
My Releases - http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.0

"Beneath this mask there are ideals and ideals are bulletproof."

I wonder. How many skins will the PS2/Wii version will get? I hope it will get more, because from the pics, they didn't work so hard.

You can't compare this with Soul Calibur 4 or Street Fighter 4.

Ugh, i HATED the Street Fighter 4 models, the proportions were horribly off. Ryu, Dan and Ken had bodies like old Zangief, Chun-Li, already notorious for thunder thighs, got even worse, Guile's hair looks like someone stuck a block of cheese on his head and Zangief looked like hes been spending his time between SFA3 and SF4 popping steriods. They should have stuck to sprite fighting, god knows we need a decent sprite fighter, theres only so many times they can re-release Marvel Vs Capcom 2 before people start getting over it.
Street Fighter 3 was 2D, and it was beautiful, a work of art.

Which is exactly my beef with MUA2, there was nothing wrong with the models that we had in MUA. Could the textures have done with a HD makeover? Sure, id agree with that.
Could we have done with new, bigger and possibly more interactive and destructive levels? Aboslutely.
Could there be several new characters added? Sure.
Should there be new powers and abilities added such as phasing and clone generation. You betcha.
New skins? Sweet as.
Should we get a brand new, and even better and more epic story than last time? Cant wait.
Should we get new game mechanics? No.
Do we really need remade models of previously existing characters? Hell no.

In a nutshell, the first MUA was so good, that (i believe anyway) MUA2 should be more of an "updated version" of MUA. Instead of remaking the entire game. There were things in MUA that didnt need to be changed, but they changed it anyway.

Quote from: Shauny7488 on September 10, 2009, 06:20AMIn a nutshell, the first MUA was so good, that (i believe anyway) MUA2 should be more of an "updated version" of MUA. Instead of remaking the entire game. There were things in MUA that didnt need to be changed, but they changed it anyway.

Seconded.  That's my biggest gripe with MUA2.  All that time spent changing things that didn't need to be could have been spent elsewhere, which is why I'm so disappointed.