PS3/360 (Vicarious Visions' version) talk and Official News [renamed]

Started by jonchang, July 25, 2008, 03:31AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Agreed also from the video it looks like he has that skin from the Xmen legend games (Is it ultimate ?) and his normal/classic skin.

Yeah, it's ultimate. In the character page of MUA2 official site, his portrait is based on his ultimate costume.

They took their own spin on things once again, but I kinda like that costume.

Khm-Khm... (I tried coughing) I quote: "Bryan Shutt – Art Director

Magneto’s costumes have an interesting back story. My original plan was to create an updated “classic” version for the primary costume and go for something more contemporary as the alternate. Both costumes were inspired by Gabriele Dell’Otto designs.
For the updated classic costume I found this neat little pencil sketch Dell’Otto created at a convention in Essen, Germany 2006 as part of his Marvel Heroes Portfolio of work. It shows Magneto in what looked to me like a military commander’s uniform for some sci-fi movie; formal yet snappy.
This appealed to me because I didn’t want to do the “undies-over-tights” look. I was going for something more believable and this particular piece really hit the mark. The sketch did not show a complete body but it was enough to give us some cool ideas so we ran with it.

Instead of briefs I wanted his outfit to look like it had a belted jacket with short flaps in the front and back. These jacket flaps became a sticking point for Marvel, who were concerned it wasn’t “classic” looking enough and that this costume feature had never been seen before in any version of Magneto in the comics (Marvel gives us tons of freedoms with embellishing existing features, but they prefer to keep to the visual precedence that has been set whenever possible). However, I felt that it was a strong design and worked well with Magneto’s image. Around this time we were just finishing up a first pass on the proposed alternate costume. This time it was adapted from another of Gabriele’s designs - Cover art from Ultimate Origins #3. This costume had a fresh, contemporary look for Magneto. His mostly black leather attire felt simple yet sinister with only a flash of color on the helmet and cape. "

Well, I quoted the whole thing here :D (For the ones, who are not a VIP on the official site and are interested in this)

I'm not too keen on the jacket flap things.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

Outfits looks army like, but nice. He himself seems to have the face of the Blob.

Its alright for me, not really classic, but a cool modern update.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Loved the costume. Magneto's look does need a fascistic aesthetic.

Magneto plays good. His powers are based on controlling and creating metal. I'm happy he is in. Psylocke is nice but can be killed very easily. Cable is also nice, but I haven't used enough of him yet to say much. Panther is very good. Is awesome at melee and can devestate enemies. A different Wolverine indeed. Carnage only activated his powers. Half of powerset is Venom's.

QuoteMagneto's look does need a fascistic aesthetic.
Actually, no, it doesn't. I'm more of a fan of the 80s Magneto - broken, repentant, teacher of young X-Men and solver of crises. Something the subsequent writers (Morrison especially, I particularly loathe most of the things he did with mutantity) mucked up as much as they could.

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Has anyone downloaded the DLC ? I was planning on getting it but forgot to save some money for it :P

I think MarvelFan12345 downloaded it, or just seen it somewhere.

I downloaded it last night as well. It's really fun to play with. The new simulator missions are really fun, especially Insidious Alliance and Overload. The characters are great additions. Carnage and Panther are great at slashing away at enemies, while Psylocke and Cable are really great with the energy attacks. Magneto is just amazing. They did a wonderful job with him. Also, one thing I really like is how you get the DLC character's alternate costume. Black Panther and Psylocke get they're costume the usual way, defeating a certain amount of enemies. But Carnage, Cable and Magneto get their costume a really cool way. (I can state the ways if you want)