Forum Site Rules

Started by Teancum, August 04, 2008, 12:45PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Juggy on November 11, 2008, 01:49PM
I don't want to be bad, but the "Be kind to other users and Don't be rude's" explain is not too good, because I'm not an adult and I think I'm not the only one. (Sorry if I said something wrong)

You don't have to be an adult to know how to behave in a good manner. I personally think mature would have been a better word to use than adult.

Basically, treat others as you wish to be treated.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

Quote from: Dihan on November 12, 2008, 03:34AM

Basically, treat others as you wish to be treated.

Very well said man! That's what I wanted to express
What Would You Do... If You Only Had... One More Day?

Well, OK. I can understand this :D :D

Hi, I'm new, and I think that the rules are great. I don't find anything wrong with them. But I'm new and that's my opinion. But I think they rock.

:thor: :sskrull: :strange: :doom:

so we can make up our own characters and mod them in to the game or ask some 1 else to do it?

February 01, 2009, 09:53PM #20 Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 11:43PM by 7new-x-men9
well hi this is my first post and i will do my best to keep in the rules but my son (we both love games) recomended me this page and said that he loved it!!but then he just stopped telling me about it and turned his account off because he asked a question about torrents and you went quickly on him...he wasn´t going to torrent the game...cuz he has it,he was just curious,anyway i saw the topic and really think that the answers were kind of rude well i think that my point,here it says to be king and helpfull (yes it does work but it's not the right thing to do) not just to say no because it's not original...hope you understand

[edit] i just saw another torrent post by eevan79 who seemingly went off too ohh my point is that he is not my son...just to avoid confusing ideas

February 02, 2009, 04:15AM #21 Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 04:25AM by Teancum
The point is that we don't even talk about torrents.  We have to protect the site from legal battles.  Your "son" (if you truly are his father you should have MUCH better grammar, but I'm going to assume you're not) should have known better.  I'm sorry it turned out that way but that's life to be honest.  We have rules and members are expected to follow them.  We rarely ban users except in the case of blatant disobedience to the rules -or- even discussion of illegal activities.  We have 1400+ members that know and follow these rules so I don't see a problem with our system.

Oh, by the way - your typical dad doesn't have an email that has to do with an anime show, sock puppet.  Therefore since you're the same person yet again (circumventing a ban) you too are banned.

Updated the rules.  They are mostly just tweaks to the original text, but it's probably a good idea to browse over them again.

New rule:

• Don't ask questions in the Knowledge Base forum
    The Knowledge Base forum is only for the specs on the game, tutorials, stuff like that.  If you have a question... ANY question, ask it in one of the "General" boards

Added two new rules to the first post in the general section:

- Violating author's rules
- Edits and releases without permissions

As of today, we allow the releases of non-Marvel related characters. See first post for information.

I took away the ability for NEW MEMBERS to make a topic due to spam/ad bots coming to our forum and post their junk on our forum.

It has come to my attention that a long-time modder around here was the victim of disrespect and was called nasty names (basically verbal abuse). I remind you of one of the forum site rules...

Quote from: Teancum on August 04, 2008, 12:45PM
  • Be kind to other users and Don't be rude.
    You all know what's rude and what's not.  We're all adult enough for that.

...and yet, some people choose to be disrespectful fools. It's sad and pathetic. I want to remind you all that negativity of any kind is not tolerated. Though this incident did not happen on the forum site, the modder was distraught and discouraged from modding at least for the time being. I should remind you all that each and every person who has contributed to this forum (gameplay packages, character mods, skins, audio files, callouts, movesets, sim missions etc.) doesn't have to do anything, and no one is being paid to do it, either. We are taking time out of our personal lives to create material for all of you to enjoy. So appreciate what is being offered and do not bad-mouth any of us. If you have a problem with something, voice your concerns in a respectful manner. There is no need for foul language, name calling, or other ridiculous behavior. Remember that there are real people behind all of these works doing all of the hard work that you likely can't do. And if you think you can do better, go right ahead, visit the Knowledge Base, and try your hand in it. Bottom line, don't behave like spoiled little children. You wanna be negative? Take it elsewhere.

New rule added:

• Don't offer money in exchange for someone else's services.
    Making any profit from the modifications we do here in connection to games we don't own is illegal.  Therefore, it is not allowed here, so don't bother asking.  Likewise, modders cannot set a monetary price for their services.  Everything offered here is offered for free, and always will be.

New insta-ban added:

• Accepting Payment / Commission
    As stated before, making profit for any services connected to games we don't own is against the law.  If we find out that you've taken money in exchange for your works, we must instantly ban you and erase your work from being offered here.  We don't want cease and desist letters coming at us.