Nintendo Wii -- PSP mod (in progress)

Started by Teancum, August 10, 2008, 07:18PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I feel kinda thinking about Link & Samus Mod for PC. I wish we can work on it.

If we could and we did we'd be shut down faster than you can say hippomonstrosesquippedaliophobia.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

Quote from: Dihan on December 02, 2008, 01:45AM
If we could and we did we'd be shut down faster than you can say hippomonstrosesquippedaliophobia.

What's that mean.

Quote from: Teancum on December 01, 2008, 06:09PM
I'm not adding anyone that's not already on the disc.  I don't even own a Wii, I'm just doing this for a friend. 

Sure about that?

Here is what your first post says.

Quote from: Teancum on August 10, 2008, 07:18PM

• Since we know that Link (from Zelda) and Samus (from Metroid) were in-game at one time, it's very likely that their extra slots still remain in the executable, meaning that I might be able to fit two more X-Men/Brotherhood members in there.  (and no, they're not still hidden on the disc unfortunately).  I'm thinking  :magneto: Magneto for one, but I don't know who else would fit the best.  Probably  :gambit: Gambit, just for the sheer amount of awesomeness he brings to anything.

Yeah, I made that post before really digging deeper into the disc.  Now that I realize the limitations I have I just couldn't force myself to spend all that extra time working on new characters.  I haven't finished the Xbox mod yet.

Quote from: Power Cosmic on December 02, 2008, 02:43AM
What's that mean.

The site is strictly NOT allowed to make characters other than Marvel ones.

You don't need to know. If it were raining cats and dogs, you would not be going out to adopt one. Please don't ask me what that means.

And lastly:

Quote from: Teancum on September 02, 2008, 06:47AM
I'm tired of spam in these topics:

From now on I will remove any irrelevant posts in any of my topics involving modding research.  If it becomes a problem you'll receive a very short ban.

has there been any progress on this mod?

No, I dropped it because I didn't want to waste DVD-Rs

Picked this up again as a favor to a friend.  First simple test went well.  Once new PSP-based character is in, albiet without any sounds.

Im interested in this project sounds very cool, glad to hear you picked it back up.
There is also a way if you dont already know to test MUA without using DVD-R's.

Yeah, my friend doesn't have a USB hard drive though. 

I guess I should also be clear -- I actually replaced a character with a PSP character, as I just wanted to see if they were done.  He (Hawkeye) worked fine as near as I can tell.

It looks like the Wii uses what I'd call 'psuedo-motion'.  What I mean by that is the motions are basically the equivalent of button presses.  And the whole reason I mention that is that the powerstyle and talent files aren't any different.  That basically means that if you want to execute an Xtreme, you do it the same way for every character.  So there's no writing custom stuff in powerstyles and talent files for Wii controls.  The Wii just translates the button presses you'd do on any other version into motion controls.  Basically what that means is that other, totally separate mods might be possible.  The Wii uses Alchemy 3.5, so I know it can use animations from the PS2/Xbox.  Skins, textures and effects can be stolen from the GameCube XML games as it's the same format, but I dunno if PS2 models and textures (specifically the textures) will work until I get time to try new tests.  I've also contacted Winstrol about coming back to update ZSM Editor to work for GCADPCM (GameCube/Wii) and the PS2/PSP sound formats, as I have the sound formats figured out, I just need a program to manipulate them.

In all of this the Xbox mod is still my priority, and I don't have tons of time to work on that with a steady job, wife, baby and a new house.  So for this mod I'm just gonna have to put a "When it's done/If it gets done" time frame on it.

Incidentally, if anyone already has a modded Wii and knows how to use Trucha to replace files this would go a lot faster, as I could create a test version of some files, then send them to someone to test.

I have a Wii with the Homebrew channel, if it's of any use. The only Wii game I've modded, though, is Super Smash Bros Brawl and that uses SD cards and Gecko OS to load up the files on the SD card instead of the equivalents on the disc.

If you've got a Backup Launcher at all that works with MUA and a copy of MUA that's all you need.  I'll send over the updated assetsfb.wad, you insert it into the ISO with Trucha, burn and test.

How do I do that last bit?

I dunno actually know how to make an ISO from the Wii, so my friend just found an ISO for his game rather than dumping it.  Other than that Trucha is kindof a "WinZip" for ISOs.  If I remember right we used ImgBurn to burn the discs.

www.gbatemp.net is the place to go for answers I can't give.  Specifically the files and forums sections.