"Big-Bang Project"

Started by jonchang, September 10, 2008, 02:48AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you really think that the scientists would even be allowed to do it if there was a risk of the world getting sucked into a black hole?
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

That's precisely why I don't understand why the French or Swiss government even allowed them to undergo such a perilous experiment for the sake of science and particle physics.

Chances are, nothing will happen. And in the case something actually happens, it's not like there'd be anyone left to complain about it ;)

As an example of how science hasn't managed to kill us all despite of all her efforts, when they detonated the first atomic bomb, they weren't sure on wether it would cause a massive chain reaction that would make all the air in the world explode. And as far as I know, it only turned out to be the most powerful and deadly device ever created by man. So I wouldn't worry about it. Though it won't hurt if you start working on getting to heaven. Just a friendly advice.

Quote from: Gevth on September 10, 2008, 12:09PM
Chances are, nothing will happen. And in the case something actually happens, it's not like there'd be anyone left to complain about it ;)

As an example of how science hasn't managed to kill us all despite of all her efforts, when they detonated the first atomic bomb, they weren't sure on wether it would cause a massive chain reaction that would make all the air in the world explode. And as far as I know, it only turned out to be the most powerful and deadly device ever created by man. So I wouldn't worry about it. Though it won't hurt if you start working on getting to heaven. Just a friendly advice.

Exactly. Even when they detonated the first A-Bomb, they got computers to calculated the risks and probabilities before that.

You people think these guys are doing this just for the sake of their fame and don't care about the lives on the planet? They have thought about the safety issues of course. They do A LOT of consultation and testing and planning with many other scientists before this stage. This isn't some project that started a year ago. :ugh:

worstcase scenerio?  europe is totally obliterated.north africa and the middle east have loads of eathquakes.....i dont see a black hole coming from this.....