Official Characters -- Beta v4 RELEASED (Oct 26, 2008)

Started by BliZZ, October 26, 2008, 04:45PM

Previous topic - Next topic
The one from the OC pack is the most up-to-date one!
What Would You Do... If You Only Had... One More Day?

The entry from the regular herostat in the heroselect folder makes him hold all his weapons at once.  Is there a different one in another folder somewhere?

I use this one and it's fine!

stats {
   autospend = bruiser_light ;
   body = 7 ;
   characteranims = 17_deadpool ;
   charactername = Deadpool ;
   level = 1 ;
   menulocation = 11 ;
   mind = 8 ;
   name = Deadpool ;
   playable = true ;
   powerstyle = ps_deadpool ;
   scriptlevel = 3 ;
   skin = 1701 ;
   skin_01_name = Classic ;
   skin_02 = 02 ;
   skin_02_name = Ultimate ;
   skin_03 = 03 ;
   skin_03_name = Weapon X ;
   skin_04 = 04 ;
   skin_04_name = Assassin ;
   sounddir = dphero_m ;
   strength = 6 ;
   team = hero ;
   textureicon = 17 ;
      Race {
      name = Mutant ;
      }

Race {
      name = Mutant.XMen ;
      }

Multipart {
      health = 0 ;
      hideskin = sword_l_back ;
      }

Multipart {
      health = 0 ;
      hideskin = sword_r_hand ;
      }

Multipart {
      health = 0 ;
      hideskin = sword_l_hand_reverse ;
      }

Multipart {
      health = 0 ;
      hideskin = guns ;
      }

Multipart {
      health = 0 ;
      nonmenuonly = true ;
      showskin = sword_l_back ;
      }

Multipart {
      health = 0 ;
      hideskin = sword_l_hand ;
      nonmenuonly = true ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = dead_p1 ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = dead_tele ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = melee_moves ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = dead_stealth ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = fightstyle_default ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = block ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = grab ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = healing_factor ;
      }

}

Yeah that's the one from the pack.  It's what I'm using and he still appears to be holding all his weapons all the time.  I saw the other one on pg 6 of this topic but that makes his weapons invisible all the time, even during powers.  So it appears my choices are to have the weapons always displayed or never, but not only during powers? 

Dunno what could be causing this problem. I did have this problem once, but after replace the previous one with the entry from the pack, it all came back to normal.

:sigh:  Well they say problems happen in threes so hopefully after I get this one fixed I will finally get the game running how I want it and be able to play!  I'm starting to feel like the most needy member on the boards.  I'm sure I will find a solution eventually.

Nah, just like Teancum said before, the game is crash, bug free if you don't mess with! And to be honest, it's bug free even after added the OC pack. At least for me! Mine started crashing after I installed some individual mod releases...

I'm sure that's my problem.  I had OCM installed for a couple months and recently I wanted to try out some more characters.  Now I have practically everyone from the mod catalog installed and have been getting a few problems.  At least this one isn't game breaking, just a minor annoyance.

I must be cursed.  I got the Deadpool problem fixed.  Recopied all the files for Deadpool from the OCM.  (Third time)  But now I have a problem with Ronin.  Power 1 (flying nunchaku or something like that) crashes the game.   :banghead:  All other moves are fine.  What do you think, texture/model problem?

Now I really can't say what it could be... To be honest, I've never played with Ronin before. I've played with: Colossus, Moon Knight, Cyclops (fixed in my roster) , Hawkeye and Sabretooth once in a while. As for Venom, Magneto and Hulk, I ALWAYS install Dark_Mark's mods on top of the OC's.

i have a problem with the mod, when i select some characters in the heroesselect program like venom,magneto and dr doom, and i then play the game, I have just the default select screen en no venom or doom whatsoever

Hey guys!  I'm new here and need some help.  I tried placing the Official CharsBV4.rar into the folder but when I right click there is no option to extract.  Did I do something wrong?  It's just an .rar file not a zip file.  IDK

Thanks

.zip or .rar is pretty much the same if you're using winrar.
Just open the compacted file (double click it) then select everything in it and drag (it will decompress and copy automatically) to C:\program files\activision\marvel - ultimate alliance\ and replace everything!

I have the problem with senator kelly too. when i press enter and keep pressing the conversation ends, but then when i enter the tent I have the same problem with jean grey, she just stands there, no conversations, i can't move but i can use my powers, but i cant get any further

Please read this thread from the top to get the answers!
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=1184.0

And to shorten it, install Dark_Mark's Magneto mod (please use the search function) on top of everything else you installed to correct this problem.