Omega Sentinel Mod

Started by мaгvel wатcheг, December 15, 2008, 04:52PM

Previous topic - Next topic
December 15, 2008, 04:52PM Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 06:17AM by marvel watcher
Omega Sentinel Mod v2.1

http://www.mediafire.com/?tkkyqjnlzzy

* Latest version with the loadscreen that shafcrawler made ( http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2799.45 , thanks :)) and one more skin by me( House of M,not the best one but I think it worked good):

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Omega Sentinel Mod v2

http://www.mediafire.com/?kmmyzwtyjnz

Attacks:
Concussion Beam: A Bolt of violent energy emanates from her hand. ;
Agni Blast: A constant, steady stream of fire, igniting all enemies it comes into contact with. ;
Indra's Storm: Karima unleashes a devastating blast of electricity that damages foes and temporarily stuns them. ;
Heavy Weapons: Rocket is fired and home in on targets.Tap key for additional rockets. ;
Alpha Sub-zero: An extremely cold wave of ice energy, instantly freezing all enemies it comes into contact with. ;
Double Plasma: Two intense plasma beams shoot from hands, splitting to multiple targets and stunning enemies. ;
Garuda's descent: Karima flies up into the air and then lands heavily, sending a shockwaves that knocks enemies back ;
KALI CANNON(xtreme): Powerful stream of energy is released from Karima's cannon, that kill a max of ten victims. ;

Boosts and Passives:
Malicious Rog: Karima increases $AR, $DR, and movement speed for a time due to being hacked by Malice . ;
Neuro-Poison: A radioactive cloud surrounds Karima, poisoning all enemies that come into radius. ;
Vaporizing Barrier: A strong shield forms around Karima, repelling all projectiles. ;
ENERGY RECHARGE(xtreme): Entire party spends no $EP and takes no $DMG_ENERGY for a time ;
Superior Technopathy: Increases natural resistance to $RES_ELEMENTAL and $RES_ENERGY and $RES_MENTAL ;
Nanite Regeneration: Heals over time.

Back up anything that you might not want to lose, I'm not responsible for anything that is lost in the installation of the mod.

Credits and thanks:
14501 and 14502 by shafcrawler
ui/hud, Hud_head, menu portrait,sounds and a lot of help by nodoubt_jr
Midnight Curse,Shadowbox,Shafcrawler,Dihan and BlackSun23 for the nice powerset ideas
- phoenix- to converted my icons for igb
Everybody for the incentive to make her.:)

Differences from version 1:
* New icons by me
* Fixed some problems at the talents file.

She has enhance strength, speed, endurance and reflexes, flight and nanite regeneration. Off the top of my head, some things she can do include firing electrical blasts, she has a radar, energy blasts, force fields, possibly some form of radiation. She's really versatile, though Shafcrawler probably knows what she can do better than me.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

Her citizenship is Indian, maybe you can refer somehow to that?

- Darts (I´d suggest addtional electro or energy damage)
- Electric Isolation (Big resistance bonus against electro, and of course doing more electro damage)
- Lyingtester (I don´t know how to bring that into da game)
- Energy Blasts from different types (plasma(energy), electro, heat, stunning and direct physical damage on living beeings(with instant kill chance or so, or more damage to non-robots))
- flight
- learning program (for me that could be a boost or passive increasing the XP you get)
- Mutant Detection (dont know)
- so that she´s a robot she also is resistant against Mental Damage
- she is also very strong and not stupid and knows a lot about Computers, Electronics Engineering and Genetics.

referred to http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Sentinel_Omega_Class_(Earth-811)

If you want me to I can think more specifically about the skills.

thank you for the ideas :)
Quote from: BlackSun23 on December 15, 2008, 07:09PM
If you want me to I can think more specifically about the skills.
Yes every ideas are welcome.

Ah yes! Another quality MiP!

Concussion Blaster: Bolts of violent energy emanate from both hands. Tap key for additional bolts.

Metallic Onslaught: Rapid strikes from the arm electropoles build up in kinetic energy and damage each type an enemy is struck.

Electrostatic Chaos: A large outward pulse of electricity, followed by smaller electric shockwaves.

Double Plasma: Two intense plasma beams shoot from hands, splitting to multiple targets. Instant kill if enemy is stunned.

Heavy Weapons: Three rockets are fired and home in on targets, dealing great splash damage as well.

Flamethrower: A constant, steady stream of fire, igniting all enemies it comes into contact with.

Alpha Sub-Zero: An extremely cold wave of ice energy, instantly freezing all enemies it comes into contact with.

Gatling Assault: Twin machineguns spring up and automatically start rapidly firing bullets that pierce with incredible speed.

Neuro-Poison: A radioactive cloud surrounds Karima, poisoning all enemies that come into radius.

Superior Technopathy: A burst of energy augments all of Karima's sensors, making her combat much more effective.

Sonar Field: Radar senses immediately scan and pickup any lifeforms, revealing all enemies on the minimap.

Vaporizing Barrier: A strong shield forms around Karima, repelling all projectiles.

PASSIVES: Flight, Might, Regeneration...

I know I posted more powers than there can be maximum to put on a character. You have to select a few. Not to mention you can make up your own; not only using mine.

thank you for the great powerset Midnight :) I will take a better look at this attacks cause I'm thinking on using the warbird's skeleton, so it will be more unique since a lot of characters already use iroman's skeleton.

Well, the thing I like doing with my mods is, under conditions that they're from different ethnic backgrounds, I try to add references of their backgrounds to their powers, usually to their Xtreme names. You could do the same with Omega Sentinel.

Some suggestions for power names relating to India and Hinduism:

Iron Devi (devi means deity in Hinduism)

Mechanic Kroddh (Kroddh - Rage. Maybe could be the name for the boost Xtreme)

Kali Cannon (Kali- ten armed hindu goddess. Could be a Blasting Xtreme that kills a max of ten victims)

more will be on the way as I can make some up when I'm bored.

Maybe a boost called Malicious Corruption which makes her more powerful due to being hacked by Malice.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

thank you for all this cool ideas I will select her attacks and see how it will work at warbird's skeleton thanks everyone ;)

I particularly like shaf's Xtremes.

- Satya Yuga (Age of Truth) - Debuff or Boost which nullifies the enemies Defense (referring to the Lying-detector that the enemies show what is behind them).
- Electrification - I don´t know if there are any enemies who do electro damage but if yes I´d say this is a passive which raises her electr.resistance and empowers her melee combat with additional electricity damage.
- Kali Yuga (Age of the Demon) - Xtreme, hitting more and more targets per level, freezing them and doing radiation damage
- Leadershipskill - or another passive which raises the XP she gets (of course not to much) referring to her "learning program"
- Machinehead - passive which makes immune or just raises her resistance against mental damage (if there enemies who do mental damage)
- Bodybreaker - Darts (becoming more and more by level) doing Energydamage and exploding doing additional radial damage

If it is possible maybe you could use Nick Fury´s SMG skill you know where he runs around shooting this SMG (though he is not able to run while shooting in the Nick Fury XML2 mod, dont know why maybe it doesn´t work in XML2) Because I think running and shooting is a lot kooler than just staying and shooting ^^

Good luck ^^

I do like BlackSun23's suggestions, but I prefer they should be combined with English words, since otherwise most people won't really get any hints as to what the name might mean and, thus, what the power might do.

Some others I thought up:

Mailicious Rog (rog -> disease). Basically, just giving Dihan's power suggestion a hindi touch

Nazar - (sight) scans the area for foes, increasing defense, etc.

Agni Blast - Flamethrower attack. I particularly love this name because it refers to the name originally planned for Thunderbird III, Agni (which means fire in Hindi)

Again, just suggestions so use if you like them. Otherwise, just scrap 'em! No hard feelings!

Yes are so many ideas there I don't know where start :laugh: , thank you for all the comments.

Quote from: BlackSun23 on December 18, 2008, 09:38AM
If it is possible maybe you could use Nick Fury´s SMG skill you know where he runs around shooting this SMG (though he is not able to run while shooting in the Nick Fury XML2 mod, dont know why maybe it doesn´t work in XML2)

it doesnt work in xml2, there are missing handlers.  in xml2 you have to end the power and start moving to the side right away, that way he does keep firing, so it sorta work, just not exactly as it should.

and about the mod, i would look at the npc Sentinels and their powers.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Haha, how about making her summon some Sentinels ^^ ? But not the lil ones, I mean those big guys.
Or a shrinked version of the big sentinel that appears to help? Uh if the Sentinel is already shrinked than you could also do a mod on him haha ;)
ok no more whisky...

@nodoubt_jr
thx for the info, I already thought so

:humant: :magma: :pyro: :sunfire: :pyro: :magma: :humant: