XML1 & XML2 Character Release Compendium

Started by DJay Saint, April 02, 2007, 02:59PM

Previous topic - Next topic
April 02, 2007, 08:34PM #15 Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 08:41PM by Noelemahc
QuoteHuh?  Clearly I've missed something...  Polaris didn't have a pre-existing 3D HUD in the game...
I've made my HUDs using the concept art unlockables from XML1 and XML2. Doesn't anyone read my release notes?
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=75.msg3181#msg3181

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Once again, we are talking about two COMPLETELY DIFFERENT things.  When I say HUD for XML2, I am talking about that 3-dimensional head floating around in the actual HUD of the game.  Not the conversation portrait.  Not the "HUD" pics used in MUA.  THE 3-DIMENSIONAL HUD HEADS.  I know good and well that thread is there.  I in no way said I couldn't find HUDs at all.  I simply stated that since the game lacked a 3D HEAD, I just recolored Jean's.  Doesn't anyone read MY release notes?
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Ohcrap. Sorry >.< Let's write it down to lack of sleep and pretend it didn't happen :P
I guess we're pretty much stuck with reskinning for those, since the Alchemy exporter doesn't like XML :P

Crimson Dynamo says:

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Havok

Marrow will (hopefully) be done before the night is over. Shadow King is an entirely different story.

April 03, 2007, 07:38PM #19 Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 07:54PM by Burning Rage
Psylocke is getting very close.  Her current powers:

Psychic Slash (melee) - Powerful pscyhic blade attack.
Psychic Knives (projectile) - Throw multiple psychic bolts at enemies.
Force Blast (radial) - Releases telekinetic energy in a 180 degree forward arc, causing knockback.
Psychic Defense (boost) - Uses psychic energy to increase defense and resistence to mental attacks.
Mental Focus (boost) - Uses telekinetic energy to boost attack, defense, and movement speed.
Dual Wield (boost) - Wield two psychic blades, increasing melee damage.
Psychic Onslaught (xtreme) - Xtreme radial attack raining psychic blades down on your enemies.
Peel From Reality (xtreme boost) - Makes all allies invisible to enemies, and gives them a damage boost and experience bonus.
Blade Mastery (passive) - Increase size and damage of psychic blade and adds to the chance for critical hits with it.
Psionic Combat (passive) - Adds mental damage to melee attacks.
Uncanny Reflexes (passive) - Increases chance to dodge melee attacks.
Mutant Master (passive) - duh...

What are your thoughts/opinions?  I gotta say, she is hella fun and almost broken...  :rofl:

Marrow

Re: Psylocke: Looks good. If she feels broken, lower the damage OR raise the EP. works every time.

April 03, 2007, 07:48PM #21 Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 07:50PM by Burning Rage
Well, broken is a poor word choice.  Her abilities are just really synergistic with each other, which is really fun as hell by the way (using blade mastery with her dual wield boost is hawt, not to mention she also has mental combat).  If I can figure out a way to give her psychic katanas, she would be well on her way to my favorite character list... oh, and the ready to release list.  If this keeps up, I'll have to marry her comic books.

EDIT:  Does that cover ground for all the XML1 effects?  (minus Shadow King's of course, as while ripping them I wanted to cry.  I can't fathom converting them.)

Yes. Except minions, and any differences between XML1/XML2 heroes' effects (they all have movesets, but effects could be good fodder for customs, kinda like Rogue's XML1 skelie) My XML1 disc is all scratched and doesn't play good anymore, sadly, so I can't check :runaway:.

April 04, 2007, 12:09AM #23 Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 02:04AM by Burning Rage
Alright, so...  I got the powers working.  HOWEVER...  The effects are another issue.  Every single effect is white.  Plain white.  As with Emma, her psionic combat is a piece of Chocolate egg because it doesn't have the same trails as XML1, only brief white flashes... (I want the XML1 combat trails, not the XML2 ones)  I haven't played XML1 in a while, but I'm pretty sure Psylocke's effects aren't all white.  I'll work on her more tomorrow and try to figure out where I went wrong, and then try to figure out why in the hell all her effects are white...  Oh, and I can't seem to find a psy bolt anywhere...  It should be under the models\effects folder, but it's not.  I've looked at all her PS2 package files, and can't find one anywhere.  Where the **** is it?  Anyone?  If I could figure out the missing psy bolt and the all white effects mystery, I'm done.

Oh, and Dual Wield absolutely refuses to bolt on a second psy blade onto Psylocke's other hand....  :runaway:

FightMove {
   aireusetime = 20 ;
   aitype = buffself ;
   animenum = ea_power3 ;
   icon = 5 ;
   name = power6 ;
   powerup_tag = psylocke_power ;
   priority = 5 ;
      require {
      cat = talent ;
      item = psy_wield ;
      level = 1 ;
      }

trigger {
      effect = char/psyloc/p3_armor ;
      fxlevel = 1 ;
      name = effect ;
      time = 0 ;
      }

trigger {
      name = sound ;
      sound = char/psyloc_m/power3 ;
      time = 0 ;
      }

trigger {
      attachpoint = Grab1 ;
      bolt = Bip01 L Hand ;
      boltslot = ebolton_weapon ;
      model = models/bolton/psylocke_blade_01 ;
      name = bolton ;
      time = 0 ;
      }

trigger {
      life = %psy_wield_lif ;
      name = powerup ;
      powerusage = %psy_wield_pwr ;
      time = 0.7 ;
         affecter {
         affect_type = scale ;
         attribute = damage ;
         level = %psy_wield_dmg ;
         }

special_fx {
         effect = char/psyloc/psylocke_armor ;
         fxlevel = 2 ;
         }

}

chain {
      action = Idle ;
      result = idle ;
      }

}

Don't use the weapon bolton slot, use clawleft and clawright as that's not only mirrored, but will also keep the visual impact intact.

As for the effects... Did you or did you not define the textures said effect calls in the package? Did you even check if you've GOT that texture or it's an XML1 exclusive?

Crimson Dynamo says:

:D

What say you about the icons?  I'm ALMOST done...  Just got the convo portrait to whip up, and the mod is ready to be released.

Nice. I like the clever use of Crawler's XML1 icon.

Did my 'Channel Swap' suggestion work for the effect coloration? Also, did you get the sword working?

April 04, 2007, 08:15PM #27 Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 08:28PM by Burning Rage
TADA!  PSYLOCKE!!!

You guys have NO idea how much of a pain in the ass she was to do...  Seriously.  Yeah, the channel swap suggestion worked perfectly.  It took a while, but I needed a hex-decimal converter so I can cross convert...  :runaway:  Either way, I colored all her effects, and they look pretty good methinks.

Alright, so I got her dual wield working!  Yes, I got two blades to show up.  The second one just won't go away.  I know what the problem is, I was just too lazy to fix it.  I'll get on that soon.  Her psychic blade INCREASES in size as you level up her Blade Mastery, which is exactly what it's supposed to do.  It took me FOREVER to get it working.  But it's all there, and it ALL works.  I spent BY FAR more time with Betsy than I have with Emma.  I <3 Betsy, and will NEVER spend this amount of time on another character.  I plan on making several skins, including her classic.  More to come, and will update as I finish the content.  Until then, enjoy!

Oh, a little request please?  Would someone (probably Noel, since he's good with PS2 textures) mind recoloring her Psy Blades?  They should be purple, but they have a red tint to them (that's how they were in XML1 too).  I would appreciate the Chocolate egg out of it, as I can't find PS2 textures for nothing (yes, I re-ripped all of her boltons from the PS2, so they have better, but harder to find textures).  I tried the old one on the PC, but it didn't look right.  It was either 64x32, or 32x64 or some nonsense like that... Either way, the texture wasn't square, and I didn't feel like dinking around with it.

omg thanks
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

What skins did you give her? Did the custom AoA one make it in?

/goes to download

PS: Who is next? *Prays for Avalanche*

In case you couldn't tell, I <3 Avalanche much in the same way you do Psylocke :runaway: