XML1 & XML2 Character Release Compendium

Started by DJay Saint, April 02, 2007, 02:59PM

Previous topic - Next topic
As the readme says (I just checked to make sure I didn't leave it out), all effects models go into XML2\Models\Effects.   :lamer:
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

I have a working classic Psylocke skin made.  I'll up it once I finish a tweak or two...

im loving playing with emma and psylocke but the graphics look bad, anybody know whats screwing up the graphics (names, pointer, hub heads, health)

Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

It would greatly help to know your system specs, dude. Off the top of my head, I'd say either an outdated video card or outdated drivers.

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

yep its an outdated video card (ive had problems with it before), the game started crashing at certain points in the game.  But it only happens when Psylocke is present, when its only Emma it goes back to normal.  Well thanks for the help.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

After I replaced the Character Select Potrait of Psylocke with the new one you put up, the Character select screen was just fine but the 3D Hud Head dissapeard.

Can u suggest why that might be, 'cause I did not replace any other files and it was just fine before ?

April 06, 2007, 06:19AM #51 Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 06:25AM by Burning Rage
Quote from: nodoubt_jr on April 05, 2007, 11:12PM
yep its an outdated video card (ive had problems with it before), the game started crashing at certain points in the game.  But it only happens when Psylocke is present, when its only Emma it goes back to normal.  Well thanks for the help.

It has to be your video card...  I don't even remotely have this problem, and I haven't heard a single other complaint about it.  Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Quote from: es32123 on April 05, 2007, 11:23PM
After I replaced the Character Select Potrait of Psylocke with the new one you put up, the Character select screen was just fine but the 3D Hud Head dissapeard.

Can u suggest why that might be, 'cause I did not replace any other files and it was just fine before ?

To be honest, I don't know.  I don't have this problem.  You didn't accidentally put it in the wrong folder, did you (I've done it before on accident while in a hurry, it happens)?  The 3D HUD goes in XML2\UI\hud\characters, and the character portrait goes in XML2\UI\models\characters.  As long as you have your packages in place, you should be set.  The menu portrait and 3D hud head have nothing to do with each other, so changing one will not affect the other.

On a sidenote, who did you replace with Psylocke?  Was it Professor X?  If so, in her herostat definition, change her textureicon number to 9 (I forgot to change it with Psylocke, so it was the same as Emma's, which is why I think the character portraits were conflicting).

Quote from: Burning Rage on April 06, 2007, 06:19AM

To be honest, I don't know.  I don't have this problem.  You didn't accidentally put it in the wrong folder, did you (I've done it before on accident while in a hurry, it happens)?  The 3D HUD goes in XML2\UI\hud\characters, and the character portrait goes in XML2\UI\models\characters.  As long as you have your packages in place, you should be set.  The menu portrait and 3D hud head have nothing to do with each other, so changing one will not affect the other.

On a sidenote, who did you replace with Psylocke?  Was it Professor X?  If so, in her herostat definition, change her textureicon number to 9 (I forgot to change it with Psylocke, so it was the same as Emma's, which is why I think the character portraits were conflicting).

I replaced Nightctrawler.

And I reinstalled it again because even the powers had dissapeared.

I will try it again.

Thanks

I replaced every file of the Mod again, but the powers and 3D HUD still don't show up and the rest of the things like animations and boltons are working fine.

That would most likely be a package issue.  You did copy ALL of the packages, right?  The Psylocke_xml.pkgb is the ever most important one, as that houses the references of her powerstyle and talent file which links it directly to her character name.  While the seperate skin packages do contain those references, you will lost powers upon activating a new story event if you don't have the xml pkgb.

Quote from: Burning Rage on April 06, 2007, 08:45PM
That would most likely be a package issue.  You did copy ALL of the packages, right?  The Psylocke_xml.pkgb is the ever most important one, as that houses the references of her powerstyle and talent file which links it directly to her character name.  While the seperate skin packages do contain those references, you will lost powers upon activating a new story event if you don't have the xml pkgb.

Well actually I did copy all of them, it is just an issue with the skin which is different from the other two (the space one), the rest two work fine. 

I don't think I made a .pkgb for the space suit now that I think about it.  I'll look into it soon.  I'm almost done porting a map from XML1, and want to finish that right now.

Quote from: Burning Rage on April 06, 2007, 09:31PM
I don't think I made a .pkgb for the space suit now that I think about it.  I'll look into it soon.  I'm almost done porting a map from XML1, and want to finish that right now.

Yeah you didn't but I made one for myself and it's working now.

Sorry about that.  Towards the end when I was doing her .pkbs, I was also making her a classic skin, as well as trying to make the XML1 mansion playable in XML2.  I'll upload her classic skin soon, and make her .pkgb files for that one, her AoA one, and her spacesuit one.

Seeing as ALL the XML2 characters used a head shot from their wallpaper (either XML1 or XML2 variety) as their char select image, I suggest we use those whenever possible (to keep them in style)

Here are links to the XML1 ones:
Psylocke
Emma Frost
Beast
Jubilee
Avalanche
Magma
Blob
Mystique
Havok
Marrow
and, lastly, Short-Haired Jean. IMO, we should change Jeanie's base skin to short hair and make long hair an alt (seeing as short hair IS her Ultimate skin). If people disagree with me, obviously this idea can be scrapped.

Every other Char whose XML1 wallpaper can be found online is playable in XML2 already.