Which official character really got you impressed?

Started by iammingy, April 07, 2007, 04:48PM

Previous topic - Next topic
April 07, 2007, 04:48PM Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 05:14PM by iammingy
As stated in topic. (Note: Once you voted, you cannot change your vote!)

Please consider his/her:
- damage output
- ability to stay alive IN HARD MODE with default stats! (Easy and Normal modes are nothing. :laugh:)
- selection of powered attacks and Xtreme
- selection of costumes (as in comic accurate?)
- selection of passives for the costumes

List your set-up for that character here!  Please include the following:
- the costume you picked
- the passives you maxed for that costume
- the 3 powered attacks you maxed/used most often
- the Xtreme attack (only if you like/use it alot)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mine is Black Panther.

My set-up for him is:

- Classic costume [Critical Strike(MAXed), Power Damage, Defense(MAXed)]
- Crippling Blow(MAXed)
- Stealth(MAXed)
- Razor Cyclone
- Panther's Might (Yes, I love this Xtreme! :beer:)

I think all of B.P.'s costumes are comic accurate.
With Critical Strike, Crippling Blow, and Stealth maxed, B.P. can deal alot of damage within a short period of time with standard melee attacks and powered attacks.
With Stealth maxed, B.P. is undetected by the enemies until you attack them. In addition, Stealth decreases the amount of damage taken.
Razor Cyclone can hit multiple enemies at once. It can do alot of damage with Critical Strike and Stealth maxed.
Panther's Might would attack every one on the screen. It has "25% chance for an instant kill [and also] boosts the damage of team's Xtreme powers by 50%."

Cap

Ultimate, all boosts maxed (Shield Damage FTW!)
Shield Throw
Shield Bash
Speed Boost {forget what it is called)
Avenger's Shield

While never a big fan of hers in the comics, I love having Spider-Woman on my team.  Her costumes run the gamut of characters and her power is phenomenal, especially being able to heal herself and others.  Her pheremone boost really lends itself to the accuracy of the books.  I love her Secret Wars costume (and have added Venom - Earth X for even more variety) and use her Venom Blast and aforementioned Metabolic Aura both fully maxed.

Yeah, Spider-Woman is pretty good; she is my 2nd. I mainly use her Classic costume, Venom Blast, Ensnare, and Metabolic Aura.

While I can't exactly remember the "default" setting because I've switched passives around like I change my underwear, I definitely have to say Invisible Woman, hands down.  She is just simply amazing, and is an auto-include in every party I play as.

Costume:
4th, after unlocking it from comic mission (stat boost FTW!!!)

Powers:
Invisibility (obviously, which is what makes her so good)
Concussion Blast (not nearly as powerful as Ms. Marvel's, but since you should be invisible while fighting, you always have time to charge)
Kinetic Bolts (I beat the hell out of bosses and baddies alike...  While they are busy fighting your team mates, you fires away... and being Invisible makes it all the sexier.  :D)

Xtreme?  Never really used the Xtreme attacks a whole lot to be honest.  *shrugs*  I'm one of those "likes to have every meter as full as possible" people, so naturally I always left my momentum alone.

It's just too bad they did a seperate map of her head inside the model...  They fugged it up, and now her face is fugly.  Good thing I got the PS2 model in place of the PC one... *rolls eyes*

Elektra is also another hawt character.  She deals an insane amount of damage, seemingly getting a critical on almost every attack.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

The Devil Who Dares for me; with Invisible Woman coming in as a very close runner-up.

Consider: highest/farthest double-jump;
extremely stylish comic mission;
tactically pleasing attacks (some of which do double damage if you aim them right);
second fastest character in the game after the Panther.

That, and I just love Cam Clark's voice :P

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

whenever i get to Act V, i start to get bored of the repetitiveness of the game and even playing from Default Stats, both Normal and Hard mode pose no challenge at this point. i get bored and generally just use Human Torch to quickly get through the area. Human Torch is great once he gets Inferno, and I found tons of people who think he's okay or good pick the "wrong" powers use with him.

3rd costume is great--faster energy regen and stronger attacks. he also has a costume with Point Blank and overall stat boosts.. this costume works as well, providing more damage when enemies surround him and more Body for survival, as well as Strike (although it's an insignificant increase).

put points in Nova Blast and Inferno... you want Nova Blast to last long so if I don't have enough points, I make Nova Blast at least 50 seconds long and put the rest of my points into Inferno. Inferno is also spammable on bosses.
Firestorm is great even with just the initial point. high damage and a stun effect if you charge it... this can deal more damage than Inferno and faster, but you can't solely rely on spamming this power for mobs... Inferno pops crowds up to disable them for long periods of time. Firestorm can clean up individuals.

-Fireball is a poor choice. It's fun to make enemies fly with Inferno -> Fireball, but it's so weak it just wastes your time and energy as you shoot higher and higher.
-his melee boost is almost useless to Human Torch himself, since Human Torch works best with power spamming and his melee is poor.
Human Torch flies and burns up when he's in the air, so you travel both with speed and style! He's also invulnerable to fires, which can be pretty annoying early in the game.

Deadpool -- He's just halarious.  Plus, my first exposure to him was MUA so he's got that brand-new factor.

Ghost Rider -- Love all the costumes except for the 'western' Phantom Rider.  I know it's true to the comics but it just seems so out of place since there's no fire or anything.

Least Favorites:

Nick Fury -- Not so much that I dislike the character, I just think it's dumb to make him playable when there's so many other good characters that could've had his spot.

Dr Strange -- His only good move is the magic that turns enemies into boxes.

April 09, 2007, 04:53PM #8 Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 04:57PM by iammingy
Quote from: Teancum on April 09, 2007, 09:40AM
Ghost Rider -- Love all the costumes except for the 'western' Phantom Rider.  I know it's true to the comics but it just seems so out of place since there's no fire or anything.
I know. They should have used that Zarathros Skin they already made. 2nd one from the left in this pic:

In my opinion,

Deadpool impressed me, for I thought it would just be a waste to put such a minor character in. I use:

Dual Shot
Blade Cyclone
Grenade Toss (couldn't find anything else)
Merc's Revenge (Like the awesomemest Extreme ever!)

Invisible Woman's energy attacks also surprised me. I thought that her in-game powers would plain suck. Surfer's Galactic Might is also quite effective.
MK's Crescent Darts, Nunchuks, Staff Slam, and Lunar Eclipse is my next favourite.

Two really Cap and Deadpool if had to pick one I say Cap :thumbsup:
And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!

Moon Knight for me:

His best costume is his default and staff slam and cable shot are very good for beating bosses.

I really like Daredevil.  His attacks were fast and powerful and he was really agile.  My favorite original character in the game by far. :daredevil:

Quote from: Punisher on April 25, 2007, 06:16AM
I really like Daredevil.  His attacks were fast and powerful and he was really agile.  My favorite original character in the game by far. :daredevil:

How about Nick Fury? Do you enjoy using him as the Punisher?

May 11, 2007, 01:27AM #14 Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 01:34AM by fluid_static
Spider-Man.  I got the web-slinging double-jump down in Asgard, and soloed a couple of those levels with him.

Classic costume, maxed the Reflect Damage passive first, Web Shield/Web Warrior/Web Bullets + Grab Smash FTW.  Run and Fight, Repeat strategy with a solo Spidey. More running than fighting, but what the heck.   Spidey's all about the long fight.  Plus, his speed totally pwns the save Lilandra/beat Deathbird mission.

Ghost Rider was a pretty cool too, in the Classic (Motorcycle Hero in a Blue Jumpsuit!) costume.  Throwing enemies off ledges + damage 4 energy boost, and resurrecting allies?  Sweet.