Official Characters 1.3 RELEASED (24.05.2013)

Started by Dark_Mark, June 01, 2009, 08:13AM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 18, 2013, 06:57PM #645 Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 11:02PM by M@pple
I do believe they are correct, i've tried to install the game clean on the C directory then i installed the heroselect mod, tried to config the heroes but i came up short, i believe that it wont work properly on the "C" directory because of that "administrator/user" bullshit, so i'm going to make a clean install somewhere else and see if it works.

Also, why the links to the official characters pack are offline?

-Edit-
Ok my report about my attempt to start a clean install then  copy-paste all the files to the folder: was a complete disaster,just like on the other non installed folder the heroselect doesnt change the characters like i  want, i 'ive already specified the path on the herostat.cfg but things dont change,im being forced to use an modified version of the official characters mod because the mod here is offline and i cant find nowhere else, boosts and skins will be installed into the game normally but characters won't its like the charaselect is trying to change a file that doesnt exist or some other config file is pointing at somewhere else.

i really wish i could fix this thing.

-Edit-

Ok people, after trying a lot of stuff i decided to READ the manual for the heroselect and i "discovered" the error in my part, in the herostat.cfg the data path must be written with TWO SLASHES instead of one, after i fixed this, the problem stopped,
well i've also found  the Official Characters pack in a zip ttally "vanilla", if needed, i can be the one to reupload it, thank god i like to save important files like this somewhere, you never know when useful things are going to get offline.

Quote from: M@pple on May 18, 2013, 06:57PM
I do believe they are correct, i've tried to install the game clean on the C directory then i installed the heroselect mod, tried to config the heroes but i came up short, i believe that it wont work properly on the "C" directory because of that "administrator/user" bullshit, so i'm going to make a clean install somewhere else and see if it works.

Also, why the links to the official characters pack are offline?

-Edit-
Ok my report about my attempt to start a clean install then  copy-paste all the files to the folder: was a complete disaster,just like on the other non installed folder the heroselect doesnt change the characters like i  want, i 'ive already specified the path on the herostat.cfg but things dont change,im being forced to use an modified version of the official characters mod because the mod here is offline and i cant find nowhere else, boosts and skins will be installed into the game normally but characters won't its like the charaselect is trying to change a file that doesnt exist or some other config file is pointing at somewhere else.

i really wish i could fix this thing.

-Edit-

Ok people, after trying a lot of stuff i decided to READ the manual for the heroselect and i "discovered" the error in my part, in the herostat.cfg the data path must be written with TWO SLASHES instead of one, after i fixed this, the problem stopped,
well i've also found  the Official Characters pack in a zip ttally "vanilla", if needed, i can be the one to reupload it, thank god i like to save important files like this somewhere, you never know when useful things are going to get offline.
i'm glad you figured it out by reading the manual, we did tell you to watch for the correct path in the herostat.cfg; happy gaming

May 19, 2013, 03:07PM #647 Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 03:10PM by M@pple
Quotei'm glad you figured it out by reading the manual, we did tell you to watch for the correct path in the herostat.cfg; happy gaming

Another thing that i believe i should note to anyone who's having trouble making a character mod work on the game, if you dont do this right the characters not just won't be there to be selected but the game will generate "clones" of another character to fill in the "gaps":

Quotedefaultman
   stats {
   autospend = support_heavy ;
   body = 1 ;
   characteranims = 00_testguy ;
   charactername = defaultman ;
   level = 1 ;
   menulocation = 0 ;
   mind = 1 ;
   name = default ;
   skin = 0002 ;
   strength = 1 ;
   team = enemy ;
      talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = fightstyle_default ;
      }

}

note that the all the entries are niveled, is one below the other as it should be, never allow it to be different like this:

Quotedefaultman
  stats {  <<<<<< this
   autospend = support_heavy ;
   body = 1 ;
   characteranims = 00_testguy ;
   charactername = defaultman ;
   level = 1 ;
   menulocation = 0 ;
   mind = 1 ;
   name = default ;
   skin = 0002 ;
   strength = 1 ;
   team = enemy ;
      talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = fightstyle_default ;
      }

}

or the character won't work, i know its a very simple thing, but just this small detail can have an huge impact. i mean i know most of guys here do already know that, but i've made too newbie mistakes today so i'ts better to let them get  know, someone could be having the same problem that i had.

will you guys fix the link for the official characters? Not complaining or anything, just asking, if needed i can reupload with the rar. file i have here.

Can anyone upload it again? I've noticed that I still have the Official Characters Beta3, don't know if there are major updates but I'd like to check it out.

Thanx.

May 23, 2013, 06:06AM #649 Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 06:09AM by M@pple
QuoteCan anyone upload it again? I've noticed that I still have the Official Characters Beta3, don't know if there are major updates but I'd like to check it out.

Here it is pal, if anyone can, please put the link on the main topic, to click on the link and getting an invalid link breaks my heart

http://www.mediafire.com/?sycrll4yndjzdsk

also can someone teach me how to install huds?i've learned how to install skins but when it comes to huds i'm a bit lost.

A new version's up. Link updated.
You may freely use and modify my work as long as you give me proper credit - there's no need to ask for my permission.

Wow!  What a pleasant surprise to see your post, Dark_Mark!

Is there something new in this version?
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

Quote from: fox456 on May 24, 2013, 05:43PM
Wow!  What a pleasant surprise to see your post, Dark_Mark!

Is there something new in this version?
>>>
Quote from: TheFirstPageofThisPost
Updates since last release:
- Sharper textures for Black Widow, Ronin and Captain Marvel
- Slightly tweaked models for Ronin
- Updated some sounds for Ronin
- Fixed the issue with certain character effects not appearing on Low Particle Detail setting
- Minor tweaks to some character effects
- Updated model and icon for Thunderbolts Venom

I tried to download this mod but when I tried to extract the files in Marvel Ultimate Alliance, there were like 1000 errors saying that the files could not be opened. I have 7-zip. I don't understand how this had happened. I downloaded this mod a few years ago and was able to play it but i don't get why I can't extract the files.

Quote from: BigDoddy on May 25, 2013, 07:24PM
I tried to download this mod but when I tried to extract the files in Marvel Ultimate Alliance, there were like 1000 errors saying that the files could not be opened.

Try the self-extracting archive: http://www.sendspace.com/file/8alr2c
You may freely use and modify my work as long as you give me proper credit - there's no need to ask for my permission.

So I managed to get all the files that I need. However I am currently having a problem with herostat.cfg. I am trying to change the link at the top so that it matches the path to the data file in MUA.
This is the link I'm taking about:
c:\\Program Files\\Activision\\Marvel - Ultimate Alliance\\data\\

In my case, the folder "Activision" was in was called "Program Files (x86)". However when I try to save the changes I made to the path, a message pops up that says the following:

Cannot create the C:Program Files (x86)\Activision\Marvel - Ultimate Alliance\OfficialChars_1.3\heroslect.cfg file.

Make sure that the path and file name are correct.

When I try to adjust the path to C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Marvel - Ultimate Alliance\data\herostat.cfg, this message pops up:

You don't have permission to save in this location.
Contact the administrator to obtain permission.

What should I do?

So here is where I am at:

1.) I changed the path in herostat.cfg file
2.) I changed the path in the lower right corner of HeroSelect
3.) I pasted the files from OfficialChars_1.3\ui\menus to the menu folder under MUA

I basically did the same stuff I did when I ran into these problems. However, the NRCompiler pops up after I try to get it to accept the team I built in HeroSelect saying that the files can't open. Right now I'm stuck

So I got the paths right but when I add the new characters, the only characters I can play are colossus and moon knight but I can't use their powers or even melee attacks. At the character select screen, all other new characters that are added cannot be seen on the screen and if I select them to play the game crashes. I did all the stuff I stated previously but I don't know what else to do right now.

Hey guys,i've just installed the patch and it works,i think,but,as it's said in the patch's description,i see the default installed characters,all except hulk.Maybe he needs to be unlocked?Really thanks,by the way,the patch is awesome!

I would like to update my version 2.6 for this 3.6 but i think its gonna create more trouble than its worh on an already modded game, what you guys think? should i install it?