Official Characters 1.3 RELEASED (24.05.2013)

Started by Dark_Mark, June 01, 2009, 08:13AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I highly doubt the problem is the folder where the game's installed, but to answer your question:

Program Files is a protected folder highly monitored by Windows (from Vista 'til 10) which usually stops any kind of "interference" from any program, ignoring if such program has been launched with administrator's right or not. Some mods (like the Infinity Engine ones or some The Elder Scrolls/Fallout's) do not work at all if the games is located in Program Files (as they require an external program to modify a high volume of data and such program is blocked by Windows). 

Or so I heard.

I don't know if it's true or not, surely when I tried to mod Baldur's Gate it didn't work until I moved it from Program Files to any other location.

That said, I'll try to reinstall the game in Program Files, but as I said I don't think it will solve the problem, after all is not like the mod doesn't work AT ALL, it simply doesn't completely work as intended (at least I think. Actually I don't know if those characters should have powers at all).

You have the Italian version of the game right?  Have you tried renaming the .engb extensions to .itab
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

August 12, 2016, 05:13AM #767 Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 04:28AM by Khrone
Nope, I'll try.

I didn't do that before because there's an .itab file already, which was modified together with the .engb file after using Heroselect (or so said the "last modified" windows tab).

The Italian version is the European version, so it comes bundled with other 4 or 5 languages (english being one of them).

EDIT: Renaming the .engb did nothing.

Hey guys,I need some help!
Does this mod work for the new MUA release for PC?,with the updated graphics and all?
If so,how can I install this? I'm not realy good at modding stuffs..
Thanks!!

Quote from: Khrone on August 12, 2016, 05:13AM
Nope, I'll try.

I didn't do that before because there's an .itab file already, which was modified together with the .engb file after using Heroselect (or so said the "last modified" windows tab).

The Italian version is the European version, so it comes bundled with other 4 or 5 languages (english being one of them).

EDIT: Renaming the .engb did nothing.
But, you have installed the game in italian? You'll see, the data files such as powerstyles and talents have their .engb and .itab version, inside they're codes, and those codes are written in english and italian respectively. If the mods haven't the .itab data files, the powers will not work, I think your only choice is to install the game in english.

Quote from: Powawolf on August 16, 2016, 05:41AM
Does this mod work for the new MUA release for PC?,with the updated graphics and all?
Thanks!!
This is just heartbreaking. Sorry, no.

August 16, 2016, 06:19AM #770 Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 08:05PM by LarsAlexandersson
Quote from: Julio Cabral on August 16, 2016, 05:57AM
Quote from: Powawolf on August 16, 2016, 05:41AM
Thanks!!

I've been mentioning which MUA1 RE Mod currently lack of before:
*Mesh Modding IGB is inaccessible (on actors (skin number only) & models folders) for now
*The rest still the works but some are different:
**Recommend to retexture from the old ones to the new ones to get the retextured mods works for these reasons below
***Models offsets are different, but still has the same textures & DXT format
***Hud making is now DXT3 like in PS3 & 360, involving Alpha Channel
***Power Icon (from texture/ui) is now very easy & has a similar offset as PS3/360/RE Hud offsets above
**Sounds change to pak (contains all sounds) > fsb (contains all sounds in their respective name) > mp3 (main format)
***The programs like fsb's fmodder & extractor still exist

I dunno about XML2 & MUA1 PS2 models, if they are worked there or not
Call me Lars. I'm Power Cosmic no more.

"Trying to solve mysteries of modding here"

My Progress:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4671.0.html

Feel free to mod my releases, as long you credit me:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4488.0.html

Quote from: LarsAlexandersson on August 16, 2016, 06:19AM
I dunno about XML2 & MUA1 PS2 models, if they are worked there or not

They do not

Quote from: Julio Cabral on August 16, 2016, 05:57AM
But, you have installed the game in italian? You'll see, the data files such as powerstyles and talents have their .engb and .itab version, inside they're codes, and those codes are written in english and italian respectively. If the mods haven't the .itab data files, the powers will not work, I think your only choice is to install the game in english.

Will try, thanks.

Is there will be update of this pack with original (from MUA RE) actor & mannequin models?

Quote from: nikita488 on September 15, 2016, 10:00PM
Is there will be update of this pack with original (from MUA RE) actor & mannequin models?

& from MUA Wii for PSP/unused Wii:
*Fixed/updated actor models
**especially on Captain Marvel's models. When he jump, his model's half body touches the floot instead of lower foot
**For Modern (Natasha Romanoff) should have her weapons model & texture from her playable versions, while keeping the character model remained on NPC ones
**Custom Spec & Bump to match other playables' models & DLC models
*Hud (except for Modern (Natasha Romanoff) remained on NPC ones), including the correct Blade Daywalker Hud
*Wolverine's 3rd Loadscreen
*Power Icons
*Mannequins (while Black Widow's mannequin should be Modern, but has her old mannequin's character select pose)
*Ronin & Black Widow simulations as bonus, including Updated Simulations for Hulk to match the full unused files provided in RE ones

If only there's a someone who can make a tutorials to rip Wii models & textures w/ or w/out NinjaRipper, or upload MUA Wii iso, include with playable PSP (including Hawkeye's simulation))
Call me Lars. I'm Power Cosmic no more.

"Trying to solve mysteries of modding here"

My Progress:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4671.0.html

Feel free to mod my releases, as long you credit me:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4488.0.html

Official Characters 1.3 link is down and no good , if anyone could post a better link that would be awesome:)

Quote from: Jasovict20 on November 22, 2016, 12:20AM
Official Characters 1.3 link is down and no good , if anyone could post a better link that would be awesome:)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/vr9jn1n9k9vckvo/Official_Characters_1.3.rar
P.S Strange that a link in a post still works fine for me.
My releases: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,9772.0.html

UPD since 30.11.2021
I'm ok and will be back to modding as soon as i can
I can gurantee what i will back with a lots of new ideas and finish old projects.
Right now i'm not mod and only posting posts thank you if you readed this!

Thank You. The link was sending me to a site where i had to download an extentsion and the other backup link was a dropbox error 426. Anyways thanks again :mysterio:

Quote from: Dorpond on November 22, 2016, 02:49AM
http://www.mediafire.com/file/vr9jn1n9k9vckvo/Official_Characters_1.3.rar
P.S Strange that a link in a post still works fine for me.

I was banging my head over the same problem...the links in the first post are not good.  In fact they can be downright dangerous if you aren't aware of what is happening.

Luckily the link provided above DOES work...now to figure out more on how to use this file with the re-master version.
Monitor